LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I want to see how some of the zoners spin this. Lol. Some were sure we had Paton or the AZ guy
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Melissa Jacobs ‏@thefootballgirl
Husband to me: Congrats on hiring Matt Millen.
Wonder if Shanahan had any say on this or not......This seems to be from so far out of left field that I am pretty much in shock.
A six year deal to someone with ZERO experience. This comes out of nowhere and reflects poorly on a already poor organization. Can Lynch turn out to be successful? Sure, but with the track record of this ownership group the odds are stacked as high as Yao Ming standing on top of Manute Bol standing on top of George Mursean that it will happen.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Per Inman

#49ers indeed hiring John Lynch as GM. Jed York was wowed by Lynch's leadership & communication skills; plus Stanford link to Bill Walsh

I'm shocked and scared but trying to remain positive. Also, it worked for the Broncos and Elway - another Stanford man.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by captveg:
Played with Denver for Mike Shanahan 2004-07. That's the superficial connection I am aware of.

Mike probably comes in in some kind of role for assistance, I'd imagine

He's also a defense guy. I imagine the HC/GM relationship he and Shanny will have will split to some degree on offense/defense strengths.
Does he have any experiences being in a draft room and picking players? Or is it still Gambles role.
[ Edited by Predator85 on Jan 29, 2017 at 5:44 PM ]
This is pretty effing disappointing.
Part of me wants to just give this a chance but a larger part of me is ready to jump ship.

Maybe I'll return when the York's sell the team. Or it could just be how I feel in the moment. Either way I'm dusgusted.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I don't watch Fox Sports much. Does he come across as knowing his sh!t or not?

He does.. but still. I would have rather had Steve Young if they went this route.

I remember someone pointing out that he was a smart guy but saying some dumb stuff during a game.

Ian RapoportVerified account‏@RapSheet

The #49ers identified John Lynch weeks ago as a potential GM. He wouldn't go through with it unless it remained secret. Secret no longer.

Can someone explain why Lynch would want it to be kept a secret? The fact that it was kept a secret is part of the reason we're struck right now...
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Per Inman

#49ers indeed hiring John Lynch as GM. Jed York was wowed by Lynch's leadership & communication skills; plus Stanford link to Bill Walsh

These are the things you hire a Vice President of Football Operations for.

If they had done that and he had brought in Paton or McDonough as GM, then people would be psyched, instead....who knows?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Played with Denver for Mike Shanahan 2004-07. That's the superficial connection I am aware of.

Mike probably comes in in some kind of role for assistance, I'd imagine

He's also a defense guy. I imagine the HC/GM relationship he and Shanny will have will split to some degree on offense/defense strengths.

Probably has no real power. Shanahan holds the trigger. Lol
  • obx49
  • Veteran
The Harbaugh curse
What the f**k is this cancer s**t. JOHN LYNCH??
Share 49ersWebzone