Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by Chance:
I honestly don't think there's anyone really glazing every move. In general, the sum of all of our moves has us consistently competing year in year out. We've had some misses, but also some big hits. Every FO has a mixed record. The people who complain show the least amount of nuance, imo. I see far more people panning the FO over every single thing that happens while never giving them their flowers. And as usual, fans rarely employ a nuanced perspective. I think the last two drafts are looking pretty good after some underwhelming drafts. To see guys like Colby, Sigle, Stout, Black, Duggar, Halton as quality starters right now (with injured guys like Mykel and Strib having looked good in limited time), to me at least, gives this FO a bit more leash. They needed to restock the cupboard, and seem to have risen to the occasion. I also thought the offseason was quietly good with a limited budget.
That's the whole issue with this regime.
Lynch and Shanahan reach on guys they think are system fits every single year in rounds 1-3 then the scouts and position coaches take over and they have success in rounds 4-7
That's f**king b******t. You aren't in the draft room. You can't just assign credit to nebulous other people in the organization simply because it suits your narrative. That's not how reality works. You're exactly who I'm talking about when I say there are posters here who wholly lack nuance.
It's common knowledge that the back end of the draft is is highly influenced by the scouts and position coaches. Every team does it
