Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 711 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It gets tirung seeing all these fans that think they could have done a better job drafting. Easy to do when you have hindsight.

This.

I will say this, it didn't take a 20 year GM or 20 year scout to know and draft Nick Bosa. If you do enough research and discuss this he draft enough it's not wrong to say that we would have went with Vince Wilfork over Rashaun Woods. A lot of people on here wanted Denzel Boston, would they have been wrong to draft him? I wanted Cam Skattebo over Upton Stout. I sure as hell wouldn't have drafted a one year wonder in Trey Lance #3 overall. Let's face it, Lynch has given himself a bad track record when it comes to the draft.

Upton Stout is a stud. Weird to use that pick as evidence against Lynch. Also a little early to celebrate Boston being better than Stribling.

Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It gets tirung seeing all these fans that think they could have done a better job drafting. Easy to do when you have hindsight.

This.

I will say this, it didn't take a 20 year GM or 20 year scout to know and draft Nick Bosa. If you do enough research and discuss this he draft enough it's not wrong to say that we would have went with Vince Wilfork over Rashaun Woods. A lot of people on here wanted Denzel Boston, would they have been wrong to draft him? I wanted Cam Skattebo over Upton Stout. I sure as hell wouldn't have drafted a one year wonder in Trey Lance #3 overall. Let's face it, Lynch has given himself a bad track record when it comes to the draft.

Upton Stout is a stud. Weird to use that pick as evidence against Lynch. Also a little early to celebrate Boston being better than Stribling.

Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?

Stout plays a critical role on defense and he's a young up and coming player. I'm absolutely thrilled to have slot corner on lock. Dude is flying around the field and making plays.

I think fans are wrong for making judgements so early. The bias is coming from inside the house.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?

What?? No one would take a backup RB who would get 5 touches a game over a starting nickel who has been playing well. Come on
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It gets tirung seeing all these fans that think they could have done a better job drafting. Easy to do when you have hindsight.

This.

I will say this, it didn't take a 20 year GM or 20 year scout to know and draft Nick Bosa. If you do enough research and discuss this he draft enough it's not wrong to say that we would have went with Vince Wilfork over Rashaun Woods. A lot of people on here wanted Denzel Boston, would they have been wrong to draft him? I wanted Cam Skattebo over Upton Stout. I sure as hell wouldn't have drafted a one year wonder in Trey Lance #3 overall. Let's face it, Lynch has given himself a bad track record when it comes to the draft.
Yet they turned a incredible bad organization to a consistent top team in the NFL and drafted two future HOFs

Since 2017, the majority of the roster consists of drafted players.

I don't agree with some decisions, but I'm not going to pretend that it's been awful

It hasn't been awful, but look at the moves that helped the 9ers get to where they are today? A lot of veterans they've traded and free agents have been more effective than most of their picks in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.

From Laken Tomlinson, Emmanuel Sanders, Jimmy G., Richard Sherman, Kyle Jusczyzck, CMC, Charles Omenihu, Arden Key, Mike Evans, Osa Odigizuwa, Trent Williams, Jake Brendel (lol I said it), Tashaun Gipson. This is what John Lynch is better at, veterans.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
It gets tirung seeing all these fans that think they could have done a better job drafting. Easy to do when you have hindsight.

This.

I will say this, it didn't take a 20 year GM or 20 year scout to know and draft Nick Bosa. If you do enough research and discuss this he draft enough it's not wrong to say that we would have went with Vince Wilfork over Rashaun Woods. A lot of people on here wanted Denzel Boston, would they have been wrong to draft him? I wanted Cam Skattebo over Upton Stout. I sure as hell wouldn't have drafted a one year wonder in Trey Lance #3 overall. Let's face it, Lynch has given himself a bad track record when it comes to the draft.

Upton Stout is a stud. Weird to use that pick as evidence against Lynch. Also a little early to celebrate Boston being better than Stribling.

Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?

Stout plays a critical role on defense and he's a young up and coming player. I'm absolutely thrilled to have slot corner on lock. Dude is flying around the field and making plays.

I think fans are wrong for making judgements so early. The bias is coming from inside the house.

Stout has been good, but I love how you people ignore how good Skattebo has been.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?

What?? No one would take a backup RB who would get 5 touches a game over a starting nickel who has been playing well. Come on

Starting Nickel's are a dime a dozen. It's been actually easier to find a Nickel Corner than it has been drafting a RB. Don't look at me the evidence is right in front of you.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Let's not be biased here, 9ers would've been better off with Skattebo than Stout. And you're pretty much twisting words here. I didn't say Boston is better, I'm saying are fans wrong for wanting Boston instead? Even Shanahan wanted Skattebo, not sure anyone in here can tell us why Stout was drafted instead?

What?? No one would take a backup RB who would get 5 touches a game over a starting nickel who has been playing well. Come on

I mean Skat would not be getting 5 touches a game lol.
Originally posted by Chance:
Upton Stout is a stud. Weird to use that pick as evidence against Lynch. Also a little early to celebrate Boston being better than Stribling.

Stud? Comeon now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yet they turned a incredible bad organization to a consistent top team in the NFL and drafted two future HOFs

Since 2017, the majority of the roster consists of drafted players.

I don't agree with some decisions, but I'm not going to pretend that it's been awful

Why can't it be both?

Yes, they have turned us into a perennial contender and have made some good moves in free agency, trades and late round picks but why can't we criticize their drafting at the same time?

No-one who follows this team can honesty look at our drafts and say they have been a success.

All I was saying is instead of reaching on players they fall in love with and then end up over-drafting them why not take the best available player?

And instead of just being a contender we might have won a SB or two if we had added a guy like Ja'Marr Chase and Tristan Wirfs instead of Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw.

Like Stribling for example. There wasn't one media or draft pundant who had Stribling over Boston. And it just looks like another miss from this regime which seems to be a constant theme with them.
[ Edited by Sask49erFan on Oct 1, 2026 at 11:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yet they turned a incredible bad organization to a consistent top team in the NFL and drafted two future HOFs

Since 2017, the majority of the roster consists of drafted players.

I don't agree with some decisions, but I'm not going to pretend that it's been awful

Why can't it be both?

Yes, they have turned us into a perennial contender and have made some good moves in free agency, trades and late round picks but why can't we criticize their drafting at the same time?

No-one who follows this team can honesty look at our drafts and say they have been a success.

All I was saying is instead of reaching on players they fall in love with and then end up over-drafting them why not take the best available player?

And instead of just being a contender we might have won a SB or two if we had added a guy like Ja'Marr Chase and Tristan Wirfs instead of Trey Lance and Javon Kinlaw.

Like Stribling for example. There wasn't one media or draft pundant who had Stribling over Boston. And it just looks like another miss from this regime which seems to be a constant theme with them.
Why do people keep saying this? He was a favorite for rookie of the year in the pre season. He played what 13 snaps before his injury? I'm all for ragging on Lynch and his draft decisions but this is a bit ridiculous. In no way can a person say he's another miss right now.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Why do people keep saying this? He was a favorite for rookie of the year in the pre season. He played what 13 snaps before his injury? I'm all for ragging on Lynch and his draft decisions but this is a bit ridiculous. In no way can a person say he's another miss right now.

Jalen Hurd was a pre-season stud too and how did that workout?
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Why do people keep saying this? He was a favorite for rookie of the year in the pre season. He played what 13 snaps before his injury? I'm all for ragging on Lynch and his draft decisions but this is a bit ridiculous. In no way can a person say he's another miss right now.

Jalen Hurd was a pre-season stud too and how did that workout?

I'm sorry but absolutely nobody outside of this website knew who the f**k Hurd was. The national media was taking note of Strib.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm sorry but absolutely nobody outside of this website knew who the f**k Hurd was. The national media was taking note of Strib.

No they weren't. Not until he started having a good camp and put up some yardage in Pre-season.

The majority of pundits said it was a massive reach.
Originally posted by Sask49erFan:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm sorry but absolutely nobody outside of this website knew who the f**k Hurd was. The national media was taking note of Strib.

No they weren't. Not until he started having a good camp and put up some yardage in Pre-season.

The majority of pundits said it was a massive reach.

Right... They were talking about him in person and TC like I stated. Vegas had him as a favorite for rookie of the year. It's not JLs fault the guy got hurt.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Right... They were talking about him in person and TC like I stated. Vegas had him as a favorite for rookie of the year. It's not JLs fault the guy got hurt.

I'm not saying it's his fault and the injury is unfortunate.

But the simple fact is I think Denzel Boston was the better prospect and we passed on him which wouldn't be the first time we passed on the better player for a scheme fit guy probably because Stribling is a better blocker.

And now Boston is balling out in Cleveland and on pace for 51 catches, 1105 yards, 8 TD and 21.7 YPC
[ Edited by Sask49erFan on Oct 2, 2026 at 12:10 AM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone