Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Just floating it out there:
If Patrick Surtain were available for 2024 and 2025 1sts, would you do it?
Note he would be due 5th-year option money in 2025 and star CB money in 2026.
easy yes from me. I would send more even....
That is two late first rounders for a top tier CB with a cap hit of around 900k and 1m this season and next season.
By the time we have to make a choice on his 5th year....it looks like we have 16m in dead money falling off the books in Trey Lance and Dee Ford... I am no cap expert though I could be wrong on that.
Anyway....I really doubt Denver is going to trade the guy...but if they were, I would drop real draft capital in it. CB is a real hard spot to find great talent, and putting lots of money at CB only ever really works if you have a great D line...and we do.