LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 180 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Niner4ever:
If Lynch is getting some calls on the D- linemen then now is the time to make a move. He could move someone like Armstead and keep Valoaga who's shown a high motor.

I wonder who the calls have been for? My guesses are AA, Solly, and Day. I can see a team inquiring about Solly to see if there's a possibility to buy low.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I'm a bottom-line sort of guy and it's looking like we're going to start essentially the same group we started last season with a couple of additions - Samuel, Hurd and Coleman as significant additions. Everyone else? All the bombshell FA acquisitions? Will they start? Who knows. That's how you judge your GM. Who actually makes it to the field. Who actually plays and contributes.

Bosa, Ford, Coleman, Samuel, Hurd, Alexander, Greenlaw, Wishnowski....Yeah what a scrub, all he did was bring in 8 potential starters over last year.
Originally posted by Samerson449:
I'm a bottom-line sort of guy and it's looking like we're going to start essentially the same group we started last season with a couple of additions - Samuel, Hurd and Coleman as significant additions. Everyone else? All the bombshell FA acquisitions? Will they start? Who knows. That's how you judge your GM. Who actually makes it to the field. Who actually plays and contributes.

Fire lynch then and bring back baalke.

If that is tongue in cheek, ha. Ha. If you are serious, then you must have missed baalke's last 5 yrs here....which in a word...were terrible. When he left we had two starters, Buck and Joe S. TWO! So we can assume this was tongue in cheek.
Originally posted by thl408:
If Lynch is getting some calls on the D- linemen then now is the time to make a move. He could move someone like Armstead and keep Valoaga who's shown a high motor.

I wonder who the calls have been for? My guesses are AA, Solly, and Day. I can see a team inquiring about Solly to see if there's a possibility to buy low.
Agree, unless it's Lynch making it up and boosting the D- Line. IDK. But, those are good guesses.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

If that is tongue in cheek, ha. Ha. If you are serious, then you must have missed baalke's last 5 yrs here....which in a word...were terrible. When he left we had two starters, Buck and Joe S. TWO! So we can assume this was tongue in cheek.

Careful he is already stalking NC and NinerGM....lol
Originally posted by thl408:

Those 3 for sure and yes probably a bottom feeder asking re: solomon. But i would also throw in DJ Jones, Julian, virtually any interior other than Buck and Solomon...which means trading or cutting 2 likely starters level DTs. Wish i knew is Valoaga as good as he looked against the 2s and 3s. Hope we see him with the 1s tomorrow. As for RBs, again we got more starter types than we can keep. So at least 1 starter RB gets cut/traded. Then WRs...1 or maybe 2 could get cut/ traded. Exactly who, who knows. Lastly is our 3rd QB who will best be traded in a package deal , (IMO). That comes to cutting 4 or as many as 5 or 6 starters spread over DTs, RBs, WRs and QB. To have that many starters for trade /cut...is a lot , esp for a team with a deficit at OG/C./DB.

It puts John Lynch in a great position to trade prior to cut day. And every potential starter that he doesn't trade for...is just cut, netting us nothing. In that case, i would take a draft pick rather than cutting them outright. If true starter material then a #3 pick possible a #2. But that would have to have a sweetener , eg. CJ.
  • thl408
Those 3 for sure and yes probably a bottom feeder asking re: solomon. But i would also throw in DJ Jones, Julian, virtually any interior other than Buck and Solomon...which means trading or cutting 2 likely starters level DTs. Wish i knew is Valoaga as good as he looked against the 2s and 3s. Hope we see him with the 1s tomorrow. As for RBs, again we got more starter types than we can keep. So at least 1 starter RB gets cut/traded. Then WRs...1 or maybe 2 could get cut/ traded. Exactly who, who knows. Lastly is our 3rd QB who will best be traded in a package deal , (IMO). That comes to cutting 4 or as many as 5 or 6 starters spread over DTs, RBs, WRs and QB. To have that many starters for trade /cut...is a lot , esp for a team with a deficit at OG/C./DB.

It puts John Lynch in a great position to trade prior to cut day. And every potential starter that he doesn't trade for...is just cut, netting us nothing. In that case, i would take a draft pick rather than cutting them outright. If true starter material then a #3 pick possible a #2. But that would have to have a sweetener , eg. CJ.

Julian Taylor and DJ Jones aren't going to have any value imo. They have produced nothing and were day 3 picks so their draft pedigree wasn't high to begin with. We'll see if Lynch can get something for one of the many DLmen. I'd like to see KStreet play inside to see if he can do what AA does, freeing up AA to be traded if another team has inquired about him.
Come on! Swing a trade Skhule and Garnett are trash. Garnett may make not make it as back up and get beat out by Toran who's trash. Skhule might develop but if he has to play right away he will suck A. Sam Young? Lol. We got picks and D-Line depth. Plenty of ammunition to get a couple guys in here who won't be hot garbage if pressed into playing time. Week 1 is coming fast might want to get on it. My Jimmy needs protection. 😆
So.. pretty much confirmed the likelihood of us trading a DL. We don't know who it'll be, but we're obviously looking for some deals to help strengthen any weak areas. Should be interesting.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So.. pretty much confirmed the likelihood of us trading a DL. We don't know who it'll be, but we're obviously looking for some deals to help strengthen any weak areas. Should be interesting.

Could blow up our 53...and I'm ok with that.

Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Careful he is already stalking NC and NinerGM....lol

AA
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

me to. god knows our o line is not just fine. i do not like our safeties. but the o line. just as it has been for years,.,. pass protection wise. is the pressing issue now
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:

me to. god knows our o line is not just fine. i do not like our safeties. but the o line. just as it has been for years,.,. pass protection wise. is the pressing issue now

I mean, if anyone is willing to take AA I would do it. Looks like Thomas is now the better fit overall inside/outside. Same with Blair. But we'll see.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
with both Street and Taylor look promising, Blair would be in danger of being traded..

AA. well, he was a waste the minute we drafted him..
Share 49ersWebzone