LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 233 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
It's an interesting question though...I can see rating us low. The way this team is built we don't have a superstar at any of those positions. We are super deep with a lot of potential but we didn't over spend to get a huge name anywhere really, much less at those three spots. Most GM's make a splash for name recognition/ asses in the seats factor that really just costs you talent and depth a lot of the time. We have a stable of young studs at WR but nobody who is proven. We have a potentially great QB who has yet to prove it for a whole season coming off an injury to boot and a guy who may one of the better backups around but has only a half season under his belt. We do have a stable of good to great RB's but nobody who you would call a big name feature back like Saquon etc. I can see East coast media who are really going to cling to big names when talking about teams they don't play much just looking at our roster and not really valuing it very high. If even one guy breaks out and becomes a household name next year the whole group gets put in the undervalued category because they simply don't pay enough attention to non divisional teams.

If ShanaLynch can continue to develop good players to great, and UDFA's into NFL starters, from a long term point of view, this can become potentially a dynasty. It's when you have a HarBaalke situation where you cant replace a Willis with a Fred Warner, Justin Smith with Buckner, or an Aldon with a Bosa, is when your franchise starts to tank.

RESPECT MUST BE EARNED !!!

GO NINERSSSSS !!!
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Bottom 5???

Meh let them put us at 32 for all I care.

We have a lot of proving to do to shut these people up. I'm confident we'll do just that but until we do I don't care if people say we suck.

I actually don't have a problem with it. For the most part It's all unproven talent. I expect this to change after this season.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Bottom 5???

Meh let them put us at 32 for all I care.

We have a lot of proving to do to shut these people up. I'm confident we'll do just that but until we do I don't care if people say we suck.

I actually don't have a problem with it. For the most part It's all unproven talent. I expect this to change after this season.

THE WAY I SEE IT IS THERE'S NO WAY BUT UP!!!

to some aspect, WHAT PROVEN 3PLETS do we HAVE??
"Chill, My Guy" should be this seasons motto.
7 is right where I have them. Playing too thin/with fire on a few too many positions and we know how our luck goes (consistently) with injuries and our uncanny ability to shoot ourselves in the foot at the worst possible times.
In the article on the previous page. Murray was listed as one of the QBs ahead of Jimmy. The irony of lowering Jimmy due to lack of experience(totally understood) and then putting a member of the Lollipop guild ahead of him before he's even had his first training camp practice, let alone a single game in the NFL.

I hope someone is amassing this bulletin board material in the locker room.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
7 is right where I have them. Playing too thin/with fire on a few too many positions and we know how our luck goes (consistently) with injuries and our uncanny ability to shoot ourselves in the foot at the worst possible times.

Yep. Agreed.

Fans forget the schedule is tough and we've sucked. I'll take 7 healthy wins. I want to see progress. 7 wins and staying healthy is absolute progress for this teams. Anything more is cherry on the top for me.

Yea, I think with this team you need to just assume that the top 1-2 players at almost every position group will be injured for the majority of the season and then set your expectations based on that. 7-9 seems doable.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Fans forget the schedule is tough and we've sucked. I'll take 7 healthy wins. I want to see progress. 7 wins and staying healthy is absolute progress for this teams. Anything more is cherry on the top for me.

100% agreed.

Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Yea, I think with this team you need to just assume that the top 1-2 players at almost every position group will be injured for the majority of the season and then set your expectations based on that. 7-9 seems doable.

I laughed...then cried at the truth in this.

100% agreed.

It really depends on Jimmy and what he really is as a QB. We are really built a great deal like a Patriots team. We are clearly rolling with their talent development philosophy nearly all parts are interchangeable on the offense except for one. If Jimmy is up to the task and is the real deal, goes out there and has a break out year, this team can go really far. If he is only average, or gets hurt again etc...We will be in for another long year.

100% agreed.

It really depends on Jimmy and what he really is as a QB. We are really built a great deal like a Patriots team. We are clearly rolling with their talent development philosophy nearly all parts are interchangeable on the offense except for one. If Jimmy is up to the task and is the real deal, goes out there and has a break out year, this team can go really far. If he is only average, or gets hurt again etc...We will be in for another long year.

No doubt we go as JG goes. But it's best to curb your enthusiasm ATM.

100% agreed.

No doubt we go as JG goes. But it's best to curb your enthusiasm ATM.

We do all remember who our QBs and OCs were during that time span...right?
I know Lynch will get ripped for signing Jimmy if he doesn't work out even though it was Parag that negotiated the contract. I wonder if he'll get the credit if he ends up having a good career and takes us into the playoffs or will the haters say he got lucky when the Pats dropped him into his lap.
Share 49ersWebzone