LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 291 users in the forums

John Lynch - 49ers GM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just wrapped up my sons game to see we drafted a fkn punter in the 4th?
I have 0 faith in this management. I can't buy the fact this is all on Lynch but wth?!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Serious question did they scout anybody not in the senior bowl.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by NCommand:
ShanaLynch carrying over that mindset that there just couldn't be a player drafted in the 4th+ that can walk in and challenge a current starter. Kyle said it outright last year on Marsh/AA, liking his WR's and at their presser yesterday, talked about how many good players they'll cut this year. I think they continue to inflate their own roster.

Yep, he'll say the same thing today in the press conference. I'm assuming one of the reporters will ask them why they didn't address the secondary, and thats gonna be your answer.

Textbook.

I have to imagine they want to give the reps in TC to Witherspoon and Moore to get them improve. If they look ugly, I have no doubt that Lynch and Shanahan will pull the trigger on trading for a CB before the regular season starts.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Using the same old line about how the front office knows what it is doing was what kept Baalke in the fridge well past his best before date. Time to take the glasses off and realize Lynch has blown his second draft in 3 years. And if Shanahan, whom I love as our HC/OC, is in agreement with this direction then its past time to get a GM with enough backbone to direct and educate our first time HC about building a roster from the ground up.

Wow, you can tell even though their picks from this draft have yet to play a down in the NFL? That's some expert analysis there.

Yes, they have already established that Bosa and Deebo gonna bust.
Originally posted by susweel:
Serious question did they scout anybody not in the senior bowl.

nick bosa
Originally posted by GEEK:
I have to imagine they want to give the reps in TC to Witherspoon and Moore to get them improve. If they look ugly, I have no doubt that Lynch and Shanahan will pull the trigger on trading for a CB before the regular season starts.

maybe Chris Harris is an option.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
#FireJohnLynch

He can take the glorified oc trying to be hc with him.

He'll get his eventually don't worry the NFL stand for Not For Long
  • evil
  • Veteran
Belichick trading UP to get a punter.

#FireBelichick
Pats just traded up into the 5th to select a Punter.

Poetic.
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Using the same old line about how the front office knows what it is doing was what kept Baalke in the fridge well past his best before date. Time to take the glasses off and realize Lynch has blown his second draft in 3 years. And if Shanahan, whom I love as our HC/OC, is in agreement with this direction then its past time to get a GM with enough backbone to direct and educate our first time HC about building a roster from the ground up.

Wow, you can tell even though their picks from this draft have yet to play a down in the NFL? That's some expert analysis there.

I can tell based on his performance to date and the picks this year against projected round and needs of the team. And I'm also not afraid to take the kool aid coloured glasses off.

2017 Draft: Brilliant pick in Kittle, OK pick with DJ. Jones. First 5 picks: Thomas (bust), Foster (gone), Witherspoon (questionable), Beathard (questionable), Williams (gone). Not a single starter and its looking like bubble players for those that remain. Also: Taylor (bubble), Pita (practice squad), Colbert (bubble)

Overall Grade: C and would be an F without Kittle.

2018 Draft: McGlinchey, Pettis and Warner all solid picks although Pettis needs to stay healthy. The balance are questionable to bubble; 3 DBs drafted and its still a recognized need for the team.

Overall Grade: Solid B+ and could improve if Pettis can stay on the field and anyone of Moore, Street, Reed etc can stick on the roster

2019: needs: DL (Bosa and the safest pick in the draft), 2 WRs (one an obvious project with athletic upside) a punter and an LB who doesn't like to tackle (was projected 7th round UDFA). Glaring needs remaining at OL, CB and Safety. Yes we still have picks to make but as the draft progresses the talent level regresses.

Feel free to defend 2017.

Originally posted by captveg:

Poetic.

Taking a 5th round punter is not the same as a 4th round punter. Also the Patriots being a perennial Super Bowl winning team have the luxury of making picks like that for a punter. We have holes and don't have that luxury at all. Plus with their track record you would have to say the Patriots know what they are doing. We do not. That's the difference.
Patriots getting a punter, so that automatically validates a 4-12 team drafting one in the 4th. Makes sense

Poetic.

Must be nice to be coming off a Superbowl,...instead of "earning" top 2 picks two of the last 3 years.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Poetic.

Taking a 5th round punter is not the same as a 4th round punter. Also the Patriots being a perennial Super Bowl winning team have the luxury of making picks like that for a punter. We have holes and don't have that luxury at all. Plus with their track record you would have to say the Patriots know what they are doing. We do not. That's the difference.

One of those holes is punter... but the patriots spent 2 picks on a punter. It may not be as bad as a 4th but its not far off.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Patriots getting a punter, so that automatically validates a 4-12 team drafting one in the 4th. Makes sense

Trash team, BB doesn't know anything about value.
Share 49ersWebzone