There are 124 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate: Kyle Shanahan (ATL OC)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Not a fan of Kyle tbh.

who are you a fan of?

McDaniels is my guy.

I mean I see the appeal of Kyle, but I just can't get excited about the possibility of hiring him. He seems like he's living off of his name and could be better suited as an OC exclusively. Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell.
McDaniels is my guy.

I mean I see the appeal of Kyle, but I just can't get excited about the possibility of hiring him. He seems like he's living off of his name and could be better suited as an OC exclusively. Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell.

The reverse side is McD is living off Brady's name. He's done nothing outside of NE. Shanny has a history of success everywhere he's been.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:00 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The reverse side is McD is living off Brady's name. He's done nothing outside of NE. Shanny has a history of success everywhere he's been.

So you might of passed on Adam Gase because the majority of his success was with Peyton Manning as QB?
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
McDaniels is my guy.

Exactly. How is no one seeing this? How many former Pats assistants need to fail before we stop giving them credit for riding Bill Beilchick's system? Rarely do you find a successful former Pat both player and coaching wise.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Exactly. How is no one seeing this? How many former Pats assistants need to fail before we stop giving them credit for riding Bill Beilchick's system? Rarely do you find a successful former Pat both player and coaching wise.

I'll take McD but he's 2nd behind Shanny.
McDaniels is my guy.

Absolutely that's the question I would say whoever the GM is will determine that. But also I'm more interested on who these candidates can bring to their staff.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I feel like we have the least chance of landing Shanahan out any of our coaching candidates

Why?
Originally posted by Jcool:
So you might of passed on Adam Gase because the majority of his success was with Peyton Manning as QB?

Did Gase fail miserably with every other qb? Did Gase draft Tim Tebow? That's your qb wizard.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:08 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Did Gase fail miserably with every other qb?

Last year in Denver 4th ranked offense. First year in Chicago 21st ranked offense.
Last year in Denver 4th ranked offense. First year in Chicago 21st ranked offense.

I'm pretty sure the Bears o started out well then Jeffrey got hurt and that screwed em over. 15 was really the only time Cutler has had a 90+ qb rating. Gase did a good job with him limiting his picks but with coaches you're looking at their overall track record. Look at McCarthy getting a job after going to our train wreck. Alex had a 1 td 11 picks.

Like I said I'll take McD he's just not my 1st pick. Shanny has a more proven track record. He's done it everywhere.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 6, 2017 at 8:18 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran

I'm pretty sure the Bears o started out well then Jeffrey got hurt and that screwed em over. 15 was really the only time Cutler has had a 90+ qb rating. Gase did a good job with him limiting his picks but with coaches you're looking at their overall track record. Look at McCarthy getting a job after going to our train wreck. Alex had a 1 td 11 picks.

Like I said I'll take McD he's just not my 1st pick. Shanny has a more proven track record. He's done it everywhere.

completion %, yards and TDs were all down from 2014 for Cutler. So under your logic he only did a "good job" in Denver with Peyton Manning & you probably pass on him. Unless you are going to use different metrics for McD then you do with Gase because you know how he turned out.
completion %, yards and TDs were all down from 2014 for Cutler. So under your logic he only did a "good job" in Denver with Peyton Manning & you probably pass on him. Unless you are going to use different metrics for McD then you do with Gase because you know how he turned out.

Did I not mention Jeffrey getting hurt. Dude was on pace for 1,600 yards before the injury. I'm sure that had no effect on the offense. Was it a perfect year? No, but he didn't fail in Chc. McD was fired in Den, then fired in StL for running the 32nd ranked o. That is failing. There's no contradiction here. Nobody ever expects you to go from 28 to 1 overnight. Maybe Chip but that's cuz he has to.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Did I not mention Jeffrey getting hurt. Dude was on pace for 1,600 yards before the injury. I'm sure that had no effect on the offense. Was it a perfect year? No, but he didn't fail in Chc. McD was fired in Den, then fired in StL for running the 32nd ranked o. That is failing. There's no contradiction here. Nobody ever expects you to go from 28 to 1 overnight. Maybe Chip but that's cuz he has to.

I guess St Louis using 3 different QBs in 2011 had no affect at all on McDaniels offense. Also he was not fired in St Louis. He was let out of his contract probably didn't want anything to do with Jeff Fisher.
I guess St Louis using 3 different QBs in 2011 had no affect at all on McDaniels offense. Also he was not fired in St Louis. He was let out of his contract probably didn't want anything to do with Jeff Fisher.

That will happen with lousy squads. Still doesn't change the fact he's only found success suckling Bill's nipples.

Shanny balls in Clv, Wsh anywhere he goes. I'd take Shanny over Gase too.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

That will happen with lousy squads. Still doesn't change the fact he's only found success suckling Bill's nipples.

Shanny balls in Clv, Wsh anywhere he goes. I'd take Shanny over Gase too.

lol when did Shanahan "ball" in Cleveland? They had the #23 offense. In fact he was 17th or worse in scoring offense in 6 of his 9 seasons as an OC (which includes #21 last year). Is that "balling" to you?
Share 49ersWebzone