LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 154 users in the forums

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by susweel:
Chip stays and baalke gets extension , paraage named team president.

Winning!!!

Kap and Gabbert will also come back to compete for the starting QB position and we draft one QB in the seventh round.

Yes and completely ignore needs in the draft and skip free agency.

Pick up a few more injured players in the draft to shore up our All-ACL team and we will be set.

I know for sure we would win the first game!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Both will be gone.
I want them both gone but I think Jed likes and believes in Baalke and probably doesn't want to buy out another HC contract. Also it probably doesn't matter to the York's what fans want so I fully expect both back next year.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I want them both gone but I think Jed likes and believes in Baalke and probably doesn't want to buy out another HC contract. Also it probably doesn't matter to the York's what fans want so I fully expect both back next year.

If that happens it Truly will be the Dark Ages for us.
Like it or not, we have to get it right this time....that means a clean sweep ,EVP(HoFO) paraag, GM Trent, and HC, chip. Also it means givng the keys to the new HoFO, and Jed let's the HoFO have final say. IF not, then we may never get another HoFO or GM to come here. And same can be said about the HC. Do it right or we are going to have no choices in the future...for anything.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

If that happens it Truly will be the Dark Ages for us.

Based on the recent history of the York's I've resigned myself to the worst possible scenario LV. Don't be shocked if it happens because they won't need anything from the fans for a decade. They got their stadium and they got their PSL commitments for 10 years so maybe late in the eighth year or early ninth they'll come up with another way to bait and switch the next PSL buyers too. Sign a few high priced FA's to stimulate some hope among the fans then trade them when all the PSL's are sold. Wash, rinse and repeat. Welcome to the Dark Ages.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 23, 2016 at 4:39 PM ]
If we get a new GM he should be allowed to bring in his own coach.
At least 1 will likely be here and that is likely Chip. It doesn't matter anyway. The Yorks will just keep hiring and keeping more losers. Because that is what they do. Jed has proven he knows how to FIRE.

But can he HIRE, KEEP and RETAIN good talent at GM and HC?.........

He has certainly not demonstrated that ability so far. His plan is just to continually fire and fire and fire and have his annual press conference where he talks about how much he cares about winning. Then hope somehow it works out in the end. But I suspect this is the path we will be on for at least 20 years to come if not more.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I think BOTH will be here and will actually be mediocre together next season, which will buy them more time together. Enjoy their company!
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for harkenthegoldenyears.
How can you reasonably expect to draw the interest of even the most modestly talented GM if you tell said GM that he has to accept Chip Kelly as his coach? Doesn't make any sense, unless you're the Yorks which then of course leads to the most logical sequence of events: Baalke is fired in the next few weeks, an intensive search begins, all these juicy rumours about big name GM candidates emerge...then we promote Tom Gamble who retains Kelly. Bleh, pretty much my most expected outcome. I don't see Jed York learning from his many mistakes and taking a more daring approach-unless there is a stadium to be built, and there isn't.

Chip Kelly keeps his job after going 1-15 and Harbaugh gets fired after going 8-8 lol
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Chip Kelly keeps his job after going 1-15 and Harbaugh gets fired after going 8-8 lol

Fired?

Pfft. Harbaugh wasn't fired. They mutually parted ways silly
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Fired?

Pfft. Harbaugh wasn't fired. They mutually parted ways silly

What a cop out of an excuse too by the way. Jed, at least have the balls to say you fired him. I hate reliving that moment, such a sad and miserable point in recent Niner memory.

For reals lol
Originally posted by harkenthegoldenyears:
How can you reasonably expect to draw the interest of even the most modestly talented GM if you tell said GM that he has to accept Chip Kelly as his coach? Doesn't make any sense, unless you're the Yorks which then of course leads to the most logical sequence of events: Baalke is fired in the next few weeks, an intensive search begins, all these juicy rumours about big name GM candidates emerge...then we promote Tom Gamble who retains Kelly. Bleh, pretty much my most expected outcome. I don't see Jed York learning from his many mistakes and taking a more daring approach-unless there is a stadium to be built, and there isn't.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone