There are 149 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers at LA RAMS - Week 16 2016

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
All game discussion goes here.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Ponder moved up to #2 yesterday, he'll be #1 by Tuesday.

Do I care who starts, absolutely not. But I'm kinda curious to see what Ponder has and maybe he can be that veteran back up next year.

And since the season is about 90% over, how about bringing up Marcus Rush to see if he can offer anything in a real game.
Rams have the worst offense in the league.

If we lose and allow 24+ points in the process, I don't know how you can justify O'Neil returning.
I think we beat the rams no matter who is at QB for us. Our defense can play 8 or 9 in the box and not worry about the rams passing game. That's pretty much how we won our only game. They had opportunities but didn't convert.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Rams play a top 10 D against the Pass and top 12 overall. Plus they have A.Donald who I'm sure holds grudges. This game is going to be low scoring and I can see us losing again..
We win
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Ponder moved up to #2 yesterday, he'll be #1 by Tuesday.

Do I care who starts, absolutely not. But I'm kinda curious to see what Ponder has and maybe he can be that veteran back up next year.

And since the season is about 90% over, how about bringing up Marcus Rush to see if he can offer anything in a real game.

Thank you Kolohe. I posted the same 3 weeks ago and everyone laughed it off. My interest was in finding out if Ponder could possibly be the bridge Qb we need next yr. It's either that or buy a high priced vet who is not very good for a fairly large amt of money. If just one guy we have now could bridge for us it would help immeasurably. Gab is a no go. Kap the same. Ponder? At least it would be nice to know. It is possible we draft not just 2 but maybe 3 QBs next yr...but all will probably be in the Rd 4 (# 75-125) thru Rd 6. I'm just guessing here, but unless we take Trubisky (who is probably going to Cleve or whoever, say NE, they trade with), then I don't think there are any other good QBs until the mid to late rds. Not for value, anyway. Doesn't appear to be a Wentz or Dak ,so slim pickings at Qb this yr.

If we did not get Trubisky, we would be in line for probably 3 impact players if we stayed out of the over rated QB market. If Trubisk is there tho, I guess we have to take him...He seems best of a pretty thin class.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:
We win

Yep.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Please, start Ponder.
I hope Gurly runs all over us and Ponder starts and could maybe be the bridge next year. We still lose but that'll be the best case scenario this upcoming game.

14 straight losses.

We only raise super bawl banners so who cares anyways.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I think we beat the rams no matter who is at QB for us. Our defense can play 8 or 9 in the box and not worry about the rams passing game. That's pretty much how we won our only game. They had opportunities but didn't convert.

I don't think we have 8 or 9 guys healthy, that are left on D.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Rams have the worst offense in the league.

If we lose and allow 24+ points in the process, I don't know how you can justify O'Neil returning.

I can't see how you can justify him returning even if we win 49-0. There is still the rest of the season to account for and it is, after all, only the Rams.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
GO RAMS GO!
Hopefully we have enough healthy players to field a borderline decent team, at this point I would see what the practice squad players can do, why not?
Share 49ersWebzone