There are 173 users in the forums

Our biggest problem?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Our biggest problem?

Today, it was rush defense. By far. If you can't stop the run you are forced to play schemes that expose you in the passing game.

Dallas owned the clock. They had the ball for almost 15 minutes longer than we did! Pathetic.

I actually think our pass rush was pretty good. Prescott was hurried and the pocket collapsed on almost every drop-back. However, he was almost always able to find an open receiver before we could get to him. Our DL needs to improve in the running game so that we can play an extra DB or play the LBs further off the LOS.
[ Edited by blm7754 on Oct 2, 2016 at 8:32 PM ]
At some point teams take on the personalities of their owners. The Niners have done this. Milquetoast of the NFL. When was the last time they were aggressive about winning or free agents? Once they got the stadium, the money and the desire to win vanished.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 2, 2016 at 9:37 PM ]
York and Baalke
  • Huego
  • Veteran
I thought Baalke was at least competent in drafting defensive players...but today it showed even our one glimmer of hope is gone.

we all knew the offense was going to struggle with Gabbert at QB. BUT...hey, at least the defense will be decent since we've spent soooo many draft picks on that side of the ball.

The front 7 today was absolutely pathetic today. the cowboys had a rookie QB and a rookie RB, with no WR that needed to be double teamed. we looked embarrassing.

Honestly so far I haven't allowed our poor play to effect me, but today after the game I was very sad. The team is no good...we need to replace literally 90% of the current roster. At least in the past our D was always fun to watch...no offense was able to embarrass us. The cowboys ran the ball AT WILL. It was sad. The organization should be ashamed of themselves. Garbage.
[ Edited by Huego on Oct 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Huego:
I thought Baalke was at least competent in drafting defensive players...but today it showed even our one glimmer of hope is gone.

we all knew the offense was going to struggle with Gabbert at QB. BUT...hey, at least the defense will be decent since we've spent soooo many draft picks on that side of the ball.

The front 7 today was absolutely pathetic today. the cowboys had a rookie QB and a rookie RB, with no WR that needed to be double teamed. we looked embarrassing.

Honestly so far I haven't allowed our poor play to effect me, but today after the game I was very sad. The team is no good...we need to replace literally 90% of the current roster. At least in the past our D was always fun to watch...no offense was able to embarrass us. The cowboys ran the ball AT WILL. It was sad. The organization should be ashamed of themselves. Garbage.

I can't believe that Mangina was a better Def. Coordinator than this Oneill loser lol. Atleast Mangina's team showed up at home games. Even Louisville can shred this defense apart...Our greatest weakness is the lack of talent. Baalke gets my vote as our biggest problem.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Pass rush and pass offense. That's it.

Doesn't matter if you have a good run game and O-line if the defense just stacks the box because you don't have receivers or a decent QB.

Pass rush and pass pressure means you can do the same thing because your DB's don't need to be perfect.

Lastly some f**king luck wouldn't hurt.
@49ersOwnership
[ Edited by ranch100 on Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Originally posted by Huego:

I can't believe that Mangina was a better Def. Coordinator than this Oneill loser lol. Atleast Mangina's team showed up at home games. Even Louisville can shred this defense apart...Our greatest weakness is the lack of talent. Baalke gets my vote as our biggest problem.

LOL Alabama will **** us up in all 3 units.
Time to bring in Kap! That pass that was intercepted intended for #82? #2 couldn't see that the inside was where the ball should have been? An announcer mentioned the "wind may have gotten the ball". Balderdash I say! Kap may have been able to get the ball to him (or overthrown him!) but, it would not have been pickedTop 3 draft pick, here we come!
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Owner and GM. Nothing else really matters until someone competent has control of the team.

GM can be fixed. Unfortunately the owner is staying put and there's nothing we can do about it. His family is continuing to profit from this team so he has no reason to sell.

Basically means the 49ers are f**ked for a loooong time.

The best way to drive the Yorks out is to stop going to the games. No profit margins will force him to sell the team.

Ummm the whole team is the problem
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
Also we have ZERO PASS RUSH!
How much we paying for that D-line?

About two dollars and eighty nine cents!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersforlife4952:
Ummm the whole team is the problem

This, but pretty much the defense.

Would love to see Baalke bring in a big run stopper for the Nose, Purcell's gets driven outta plays and Dorsey doesn't look the same after his injury. Both have major issues holding the point of attack and unable to control that A-gap. The defense needs major tweaking, three straight weeks of the same BS. It's gonna take a miracle if they're hanging onto hopes that this unit will be successful if it remains the same.

Bench:

Brock, Bethea, Harold, Wilhoite and Purcell

Start:

Tartt, Dial @ NT, Dontae Johnson, Brock @ NCB, Ronald Blair, Hodges

Rotate in:

Taylor Hart, Skov and Cromartie
Originally posted by vermonator:
York and Baalke

You already know... As soon as we can convince the masses hypnotized by Baalke's spell then we can get back to winning..
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

You already know... As soon as we can convince the masses hypnotized by Baalke's spell then we can get back to winning..

As long s York's the owner, we are screwed. York meddles too much and has no idea what he's doing.
Share 49ersWebzone