Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 525 users in the forums

49ers sign WR/KR Keshawn Martin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We signed one martin, can we release another one?
I hope it means we can can cut Chris Davis or at least make him inactive every week. He doesn't offer much of anything as a DB and Martin can take over backup return duties.
Yet another slot WR. Don't we have enough of them already?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Another smurf.
Originally posted by Matchuu84:
Originally posted by Cmflatt32:
Ok, now if we would just trade next year's 1st and 3rd rd pick for AJ McCarron that'd be greeeeeaaaatttt!

I like aj but thats too much

No more then Minnesota gave up for Bradford. Can't put a price on a franchise QB.
We should trade to Devante Parker (Dolphins) for Torrey Smith and 3rd round. Just do it..
This team don't need another possession/slot WR, we need a big, physical WR who can compete with NFC west defenses, who can impose themselves on NFC west CB's. But I'm really starting to think that neither Baalke, nor Chip Kelly, really value those kind of WR's. Look at what we have on the roster and on the PS:

Torrey Smith, 6-0, 205 (a speedster)
Quinton Patton, 6-0, 204 (possession)
Jeremy Kerley, 5-8, 188 (slot speedster, returner)
Keshawn Martin, 5-11, 195 (slot returner)
Rod Streater, 6-2, 195 (a speedster)

PS
Dres Anderson, 6-2, 190 (possession)
Chris Harper, 5-11 (slot)


That's a pretty pedestrian WR depth chart (and that's all on Baalke). All around all these guys have very similar skill-sets. But none of them are of the big, physical variety. I'm Starting to think that Baalke is allergic to big, physical WR's and impact players. Don't really get his affinity with average WR's. Of that group probably Patton is the most physical, and I only say that because of his willingness to block downfield.

We don't need another slot WR
So basically this means that Kerley is a more valuable asset to the offense than expected. Can't risk losing him to injury on a return. That is how I see it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,776
i've been calling for a 6'-4" + WR for years now. Baalke never listens.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Sep 28, 2016 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i've been calling for a 6'-4" + WR for years now. Baalke never listens.

Eric Rogers was supposed to be that bro.
Nice signing
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i've been calling for a 6'-4" + WR for years now. Baalke never listens.

Eric Rogers was supposed to be that bro.

I really was excited for him
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,292
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This team don't need another possession/slot WR, we need a big, physical WR who can compete with NFC west defenses, who can impose themselves on NFC west CB's. But I'm really starting to think that neither Baalke, nor Chip Kelly, really value those kind of WR's. Look at what we have on the roster and on the PS:

Torrey Smith, 6-0, 205 (a speedster)
Quinton Patton, 6-0, 204 (possession)
Jeremy Kerley, 5-8, 188 (slot speedster, returner)
Keshawn Martin, 5-11, 195 (slot returner)
Rod Streater, 6-2, 195 (a speedster)

PS
Dres Anderson, 6-2, 190 (possession)
Chris Harper, 5-11 (slot)


That's a pretty pedestrian WR depth chart (and that's all on Baalke). All around all these guys have very similar skill-sets. But none of them are of the big, physical variety. I'm Starting to think that Baalke is allergic to big, physical WR's and impact players. Don't really get his affinity with average WR's. Of that group probably Patton is the most physical, and I only say that because of his willingness to block downfield.

We don't need another slot WR

Our QB-WR Combo just sucks! I bet if you put Joe and Jerry with no other WR's on the field and tell the other team the passing play they plan to execute and it would still be a completion.
I want to see more of Streater. And Burbridge as well.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
This team don't need another possession/slot WR, we need a big, physical WR who can compete with NFC west defenses, who can impose themselves on NFC west CB's. But I'm really starting to think that neither Baalke, nor Chip Kelly, really value those kind of WR's. Look at what we have on the roster and on the PS:

Torrey Smith, 6-0, 205 (a speedster)
Quinton Patton, 6-0, 204 (possession)
Jeremy Kerley, 5-8, 188 (slot speedster, returner)
Keshawn Martin, 5-11, 195 (slot returner)
Rod Streater, 6-2, 195 (a speedster)

PS
Dres Anderson, 6-2, 190 (possession)
Chris Harper, 5-11 (slot)


That's a pretty pedestrian WR depth chart (and that's all on Baalke). All around all these guys have very similar skill-sets. But none of them are of the big, physical variety. I'm Starting to think that Baalke is allergic to big, physical WR's and impact players. Don't really get his affinity with average WR's. Of that group probably Patton is the most physical, and I only say that because of his willingness to block downfield.

We don't need another slot WR

Without a doubt, this is our #1 type of WR we need. Losing Rogers was a big blow (more than many realize).
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone