LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 375 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at CAROLINA PANTHERS - 2016 Week 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by spanish:
Gabbert must be benched. It's a bluff

If he craps the bed next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Chip makes a change.
Originally posted by awp8912:
Unreal. LMAO. The guy played horrendous, garbage. Sub 40% comp percentage. He single handily rendered our WRs useless. Seimian had a better game against the same Defense. Dude was trash last week too but got lucky that he was playing against Case Keenum.

Dude will be benched by week 5 and some posters will probably disappear sadly. Please guys don't go when that happens. We are all Niner fans.

It's bizarre the way people acted around here about good QBing and all that other hoopla and then calling the play today decent. The guy completed 30% of his passes, was wildly inaccurate (people said there were a bunch of drops, there were 2. Cam had 5). Even on the TD to Smith, inaccurate pass again. Save for maybe 3-4 throws, he was bad throwing the ball. If he played at a competent level, we might have won the game. He even got a 2nd and 3rd chance to win the game at the end and threw 2 picks.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by awp8912:
Unreal. LMAO. The guy played horrendous, garbage. Sub 40% comp percentage. He single handily rendered our WRs useless. Seimian had a better game against the same Defense. Dude was trash last week too but got lucky that he was playing against Case Keenum.

Dude will be benched by week 5 and some posters will probably disappear sadly. Please guys don't go when that happens. We are all Niner fans.

are you one?

You think he isn't one because he thinks Gabbert is garbage?
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by spanish:
Gabbert must be benched. It's a bluff

If he craps the bed next week, I wouldn't be surprised if Chip makes a change.

Ponder!
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
17/36 47% with a couple drops and coverage throw aways.

He needs to do better but we were still in that game with his 243 yards passing until that Vance drop.

We had 65 yards rushing at 2.5 yards per attempt.

Chip Kelly's offense is established off the run. His run is not established off passing.

Putting us in obvious long yardage passing situations all day killed us. Yes, so did some inaccurate passes but Gabbert didnt play as bad as the stats show.

Man Blaine was gifted balls in favorable spots due to turnovers and Vance was a busted play for 75 yards so those stats are a little misleading to me.

I agree sounds like the play calling was off balance (and from what I saw) but he's got to run on some of those read options though...that's why they are there in the first place.

I'm not saying Kap needs to be th starter but I don't see this team doing much with either guy...new QB and some weapons could do wonders.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Man Blaine was gifted balls in favorable spots due to turnovers and Vance was a busted play for 75 yards so those stats are a little misleading to me.

I agree sounds like the play calling was off balance (and from what I saw) but he's got to run on some of those read options though...that's why they are there in the first place.

I'm not saying Kap needs to be th starter but I don't see this team doing much with either guy...new QB and some weapons could do wonders.
Neither will be acquired this season though.
Originally posted by communist:
Neither will be acquired this season though.

Correct so get use too losing against good teams...we aren't there just yet.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And I'd be completely with you if I thought that would any sort of real difference. Kaepernick isn't any more accurate than Gabbert and I don't see him making those throws that Gabbert missed either. Similar issues between both QB's in terms of their accuracy, throwing high or low, struggling to get the ball to where the receiver can make a play on it.

I think against better defenses, the fans are going to have to ride it out and hope that the team chooses wisely in drafting a new quarterback.

He sure as hell is. How can you even say that?

Here we go......... So if Kaep plays and doesn't make the throws, and gets sacked so many times, and probably throws a couple INT's......probably won't be his fault but everyone elses?

Ya, the o-line, Harbaugh, Roman, the WR's, TE's, defense, fans, Warner, Gile, fans, racism you name it.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
It's bizarre the way people acted around here about good QBing and all that other hoopla and then calling the play today decent. The guy completed 30% of his passes, was wildly inaccurate (people said there were a bunch of drops, there were 2. Cam had 5). Even on the TD to Smith, inaccurate pass again. Save for maybe 3-4 throws, he was bad throwing the ball. If he played at a competent level, we might have won the game. He even got a 2nd and 3rd chance to win the game at the end and threw 2 picks.

47.2%
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And I'd be completely with you if I thought that would any sort of real difference. Kaepernick isn't any more accurate than Gabbert and I don't see him making those throws that Gabbert missed either. Similar issues between both QB's in terms of their accuracy, throwing high or low, struggling to get the ball to where the receiver can make a play on it.

I think against better defenses, the fans are going to have to ride it out and hope that the team chooses wisely in drafting a new quarterback.

He sure as hell is. How can you even say that?

Here we go......... So if Kaep plays and doesn't make the throws, and gets sacked so many times, and probably throws a couple INT's......probably won't be his fault but everyone elses?

Ya, the o-line, Harbaugh, Roman, the WR's, TE's, defense, fans, Warner, Gile, fans, racism you name it.

Seems like people are making those same excuses for Blaine (minus the racism) face it the both blow and this team isnt going anywhere with either QB here.

NFL has declared this a blowout, at least most analysis.

What does this team need?

QB
WR
DB (> 2)
Pass rusher

Of course a new GM is long due.
Originally posted by 49ersking:

QB
WR
DB (> 2)
Pass rusher

I'm excited about Gamble
cut all our QB's and let Ponder finish the year out. Draft one next year and wait for him to catch up with the league and get over his rookie mistakes. Pray he ends up being as good as his draft position.
Originally posted by 49ersking:

QB
WR
DB (> 2)
Pass rusher

Only way a new DB would've helped today was if he was 6'5

MVPs tear apart secondaries when they are given all day

Other 3 needs are right.
The entire NFC West is 1-1
Share 49ersWebzone