2010 Kyle Williams
2011 Ronald Johnson
2012 AJ Jenkins
2013 Quinton Patton
2015 DeAndre Smelter
2016 Aaron Burbage

69 total picks since 2010

Crabtree was selected in 2009 with a different GM

So one receiver in total picked before the 4th round. Kyle Williams is still in the NFL. Ronald Johnson was picked at the behest of former WR coach John Morton. Patton had a good game yesterday. Ellington has looked good but has never been able to stay healthy. Smelter was a pick that most here liked but he seemingly was unable to recover from his injuries and Burbridge is still a rookie.

How that allows for a judgment declaring that he "can't draft WR's" is beyond me.

If anything he needs to target the position with some earlier picks in the next draft.

That's why I'm excited to have Chip putting in some input being an offensive wizard and all. I like the ying-yang duo w/Trent.

I can't help but think if we make a splash WR within the next couple weeks IF we fare well.. Might have enough juice to make a playoff push.

Yes, playoffs
Rams are garbage but we are not legit until we get a QB and number one WR
I wanna trade for a WR so bad, I think Gabbert will get more and more comfortable and confident. Another legit WR certainly would help both as well.
Was it a fluke when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
What does Grizzly Adams look like completely shaved.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:

To most of the civilized world we were not legit nor did we have a legit roster and we were going to go 0-16. now that we won a game and showed some signs that we could be a respectable well coached tough team,, of course we have to whip up some other reasons why we are not " legit". whoever our qb was last night and i really do not know who it is because according to who you talk to today. it was either alex smith or jeff garcia when it should have been ck,,,,,,, he led us to four red zone touchdowns in four tries. last years first win you may recall was done mainly on field goals. who gives a s**t about a number one wide out.. he spread it around and got multiple people involved. i really think i am the only person in ninerland today who is happy we got a win and happy with the way the team looked with no >>>>HOWEVER or BUT to follow. for everything there is a beginning and this was a beginning and a good one. i know we are a better and more well coached team than last year . whether its good enough to go on the road and win at carolina i do not know but i bet we do not get blown out.. if we do i will own up to it but it will not make me slash my wrists,,, like some are already doing today for some reason
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
we dominated the vikings last year week 1 mnf so i am still going to see how we play the reigning nfc champs

lol. we did it on field goals... last night we did it on touchdowns.. a slight difference in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by cNiner:

To most of the civilized world we were not legit nor did we have a legit roster and we were going to go 0-16. now that we won a game and showed some signs that we could be a respectable well coached tough team,, of course we have to whip up some other reasons why we are not " legit". whoever our qb was last night and i really do not know who it is because according to who you talk to today. it was either alex smith or jeff garcia when it should have been ck,,,,,,, he led us to four red zone touchdowns in four tries. last years first win you may recall was done mainly on field goals. who gives a s**t about a number one wide out.. he spread it around and got multiple people involved. i really think i am the only person in ninerland today who is happy we got a win and happy with the way the team looked with no >>>>HOWEVER or BUT to follow. for everything there is a beginning and this was a beginning and a good one. i know we are a better and more well coached team than last year . whether its good enough to go on the road and win at carolina i do not know but i bet we do not get blown out.. if we do i will own up to it but it will not make me slash my wrists,,, like some are already doing today for some reason

I believe darn it, 2011 magic part two baby. D&running game go along way. With the pass protection, the pass will be efficient enough and more IMO.
Getting no respect after this game. Like this better than last year when people actually thought we were good lol.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I mean being honest the Rams are hot garbage.There were some nice signs from us but the main issue with both teams was the passing attack.If the Rams don't figure out ways to moves the chains with the pass they are just going to have the defenses load the box and take Gurley out(advantage us because Chip is creative and gets his guys open at least.)That lack of pass attack also allowed us to stay in the game.Gabbert had his moments but he had some early Alex Smith in him where he misfired or held the ball too long out of hesitation of making mistakes.Not saying he is n't capable of producing but just like the Rams until a receiving threat shows up on this squad we are going to rely on a young running back and defense.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
I mean being honest the Rams are hot garbage.There were some nice signs from us but the main issue with both teams was the passing attack.If the Rams don't figure out ways to moves the chains with the pass they are just going to have the defenses load the box and take Gurley out(advantage us because Chip is creative and gets his guys open at least.)That lack of pass attack also allowed us to stay in the game.Gabbert had his moments but he had some early Alex Smith in him where he misfired or held the ball too long out of hesitation of making mistakes.Not saying he is n't capable of producing but just like the Rams until a receiving threat shows up on this squad we are going to rely on a young running back and defense.
i guess it is against the law to even try to suggest that we may have actually made them look like hot garbage.. is it even remotely possible, GASP that we could actually be a type of team that brings out the worst in teams like we did back in the day??? oh no. of course its not.. sorry.. it is funny sad .. not sure what that so many people around here today are looking for an excuse as to why we won the game.. like we backed into a win and did not deserve it.. jesus at times around here
i guess it is against the law to even try to suggest that we may have actually made them look like hot garbage.. is it even remotely possible, GASP that we could actually be a type of team that brings out the worst in teams like we did back in the day??? oh no. of course its not.. sorry.. it is funny sad .. not sure what that so many people around here today are looking for an excuse as to why we won the game.. like we backed into a win and did not deserve it.. jesus at times around here

our front 7 on D is legt not doubt about it our OL also played amazing i would say it looked legit

but honestly we stacked 9-10 in the box almost any other qb would be able to take advantage so its hard to say

both sides of the ball our run games (O and D) i would say is great but passing game on both sides i cant say that we need to do better on O and D i would say its untested but we know it isnt a dumpster fire because we were able to completely shut down rams passing game yesterday
The rams played like pure garbage.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran

It's actually sad that because I saw some flaws in an offense and I wasn't overwhelmed by beating the worst passing attack in the league last year and a career backup because we knew Gurley was their only option and we loaded the box..I am a bad fan.Thats weak on your part.I did like our defense and they were much improved(especially Ward) but we can't have that many misfires in our passing attack and we should be expected to hold mediocre receivers like Kenny Britt in check.We did what we had to do and earned the win but that doesn't take away the fact that sans Gurley the Rams are hot garbage.the real story of the game was the proved offense line flexing muscle and allowing Gabbert time and giving Hyde opportunitys to hit daylight.
[ Edited by 9er2k on Sep 13, 2016 at 6:55 PM ]
Carolina will be a better test.
Share 49ersWebzone