There are 166 users in the forums

What if Thread: Harbaugh stayed

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's an impossible question to answer because you're removing his influences from the decision making. For instance everyone is still going to retire or f up but how we handle it would change. We ran with the 6th youngest team and played like dog sh. JH plays with vets you really think he's going to do that?
Originally posted by eastie:
This is bullcrap. This board used to be about football. Now it's about attitudes and opinions, by a bunch of know nothings that think they know everything. There are some on here that still try to talk about the game but mostly it's a bunch of lame crap like "Baalke fired JH" . I want to know what mushrooms you ate to make that a reality in your mind. All these opinions from guys working jobs that have nothing to do with football, but somehow, they've become experts in the business of running a billion dollar NFL franchise. They are so good that they can tell you what players are thinking in the locker room, what the coaches are planning, who's grabbing more power in the front office, what the state of the finances are for the team, everything! Homers and trolls going back and forth endlessly. Put down experts anxiously waiting for another poster to take the bait so they can zing them with their take. I'm just tired. Okay that felt good , have a great day. Go Niners. Destroy the rams!

So you are saying Harbaugh would have won the 6th ring for the team?
Right know I'm waiting on the What if Bill Walsh was still the HC thread
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We wouldn't of had that clown ass coaching staff last year who are all unemployed now.

LOL. Well that's true!
This is bullcrap. This board used to be about football. Now it's about attitudes and opinions, by a bunch of know nothings that think they know everything. There are some on here that still try to talk about the game but mostly it's a bunch of lame crap like "Baalke fired JH" . I want to know what mushrooms you ate to make that a reality in your mind. All these opinions from guys working jobs that have nothing to do with football, but somehow, they've become experts in the business of running a billion dollar NFL franchise. They are so good that they can tell you what players are thinking in the locker room, what the coaches are planning, who's grabbing more power in the front office, what the state of the finances are for the team, everything! Homers and trolls going back and forth endlessly. Put down experts anxiously waiting for another poster to take the bait so they can zing them with their take. I'm just tired. Okay that felt good , have a great day. Go Niners. Destroy the rams!

LMAO. QFT. Perspective Post of the Day.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

So you are saying Harbaugh would have won the 6th ring for the team?

Let me get back to you. I'm waiting for the shrooms to kick in...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It's an impossible question to answer because you're removing his influences from the decision making. For instance everyone is still going to retire or f up but how we handle it would change. We ran with the 6th youngest team and played like dog sh. JH plays with vets you really think he's going to do that?

He'd have too. We only had two starting veterans left.
  • evil
  • Veteran
What if I leave this thread open for now....so long as good discussions drive it. Locked the others since they are adding nothing of value.
Originally posted by evil:
What if I leave this thread open for now....so long as good discussions drive it. Locked the others since they are adding nothing of value.

Thread Title should be the "What if " could actually be fun, like the ESPN 30 for 30 promos, "what if I told you"
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Sep 7, 2016 at 10:50 AM ]

Harbaugh, throughout his coaching career, has proved himself to be a winner. If he had stayed and Baalke had left Gamble would be the GM. Kaep would be in his fourth season as a starter in Harbaugh's offense (that's huge). we would be built to be a physical, powerful offense which would allow us to take advantage of these lighter, smaller sub packages you see around the league. Teams aren't built to stop 21-22 sets.
[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Sep 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this is a really good post in my opinion
Originally posted by cciowa:
this is a really good post in my opinion

This is what happens when you lose.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh and the brand of football jh plays hit the wall in the nfl which was proven as the 8-8 season went along. the nfl caught up to us and that is a big reason why jh ran back to college cuz he knows his brand of ball has a short shelf life in the nfl, his rah rah whose got it better shtick was also wearing thin on the veterans.. the retirements and defections still would have happened in my opinion . i will throw him a bone and say had he stayed we still would have struggled but the better coaching we would have had would have given us maybe one more win
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:
What if Harbaugh waived his magic wand over Willis's busted toe. Haha haha I can't believe people actually think that Willis gave two sh*ts about Harbaugh! Haha Yeah he gave up millions and jeopardize a place in the hall of fame because he didn't like the coaches. Willis is a warrior if he could have played he would have!!
true,, willis could no longer run and we all knew something was wrong with him. i am glad willis and cowboy quit when they did. neither would have stayed had jh been around. they did not want to end up like countless other guys who stayed in to long and then became an disgrace on the field they once dominated. not even lord jh could have stopped those retirements
Share 49ersWebzone