There are 247 users in the forums

Odds Keap gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Odds Keap gets cut

Gonna get cut

Gushing over the Niners as a great organization cause he knows he's about to get cut
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 2, 2016 at 8:13 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:
0-25% (more like 0-5%)

Trade is more likely, but probably only slightly, like 0-15%

This
Kap isn't going anywhere. He will be the 49ers starter by week 3.

-Herm Edwards
Unless there's a trade in the works, he stays. We're not going to cut him.
Right now, he's better than Driskel.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Gire
Well, he certainly played well enough to make someone who needs a starting QB take notice. Granted that has to be noted that SD did not blitz, and they played basically 2s and 3s.

But overall, defense aside, he did look like a guy who could start for you. That was one of the possibilities when the game began...and it came to pass. Now it depends just how much a QB-less team wants a starter at QB. So maybe Herm Edwards is right...just not here.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Sep 2, 2016 at 9:26 PM ]
IMO if we keep the best TWO Quarterbacks based solely on preseason performance, we keep Gabbert and Ponder because Kaepernick did not have a better preseason than either of those two, even if it was just two games. Plus if the Niners keep Kaep they won't have any police security at the home games. Santa Clara Police already told the team if Kaep keeps it up "we out". Lol.
who the f**k is keap

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Unless there's a trade in the works, he stays. We're not going to cut him.

Yep.
He will not get cut. Baalke would look retarded if he just cut Kaep after playing hard ball with Denver this off season. In addition just like what others had said Gabbert is on a short leash we got no one behind him besides Ponder and Driskell.
He gets cut. Its Gabbert and Ponder, Driskel to the practice squad. York won't risk Kap deciding to go out on another injury at the end of next season to bind the team for another 14 million or whatever. York sees through Kap's device to make the team look racist if he is cut, to leverage the decision to keep him on the team so he can grab another payday. York will take his lumps by cutting him now. Kelly and Baalke will call it a "football decision," stating that, after review of all of the film, it was determined that Ponder is a better fit for the needs of the team at this time.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Sep 2, 2016 at 11:21 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Kap won't be cut, IMO, I think they're fielding trade offers but I doubt anything get's done so he stays.
The reaction to this whole protest thing has gotten out of hand...Kap is willing to listen and understands the anger from people about not standing for the national anthem. He spoke to the ex-green beret and decided to kneel as opposed to sitting on the bench. He was joined by Eric Reid...I saw his interview and he's supporting Kap because he's genuinely trying to do something positive WRT inequality issues. Now, based on the practice socks he's worn, the Santa Clara police are threatening to boycott the game. I don't see Kap as a bad person at all...perhaps a bit naïve WRT public perceptions, but I believe his intentions are good. IMHO people everywhere need to take a step back and chill...the knee-jerk reactions need to stop.

As far as Kap not making the roster, that's ridiculous...of course he's making the roster. Kelly promised him an opportunity to play, he did and showed improvement. I get many fans are frustrated with him...I'm one of 'em. But, if he can play well, he can help our team win. He'll need to earn his opportunity to start, though. That's what fair competition's all about.
Share 49ersWebzone