There are 274 users in the forums

Odds Keap gets cut

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Odds Keap gets cut

Zero
Charlie, like I said..."Beauty....beholder". And you will notice, I didn't rave about gab either. Our QB is coming in 2017 draft, and we are going to go Philly/LA and ransom our top 3 picks both '17 and '18 to get our franchise QB. But we can actually do that now. Last yr? Not a frigging chance. NONE. So that is a huge improvement for us. First tho, we have to have a good game manager for this yr, so that even if we only win a handful, say 6 Ws or so, we HAVE TO be in all the other games and right to the bitter end. That way top FAs in 2017 will know that we are a team on the rise, and not a cellar dweller. To do that we need a good game mgr to make us look better than our W/L record shows at season's end. We are close now, whereas last yr, with a forgettable HC, OC, DC, OL , DL, DBs, WRs, RBs....we WERE bona fide cellar dwellers.

Cross our fingers and hope for the best. But finally, we have broken thru and are on the way. Chip is a huge part of this, not just in coaching but in his O knowledge of the draft which resulted in one of out best drafts in a long time. And he comes from a D background too. What's not to like?
Vikings rather start Chase Daniel over Kaep

His salary is so undesirable
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Sep 3, 2016 at 8:07 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Salaries being equal I'd still rather start Chase over Kaep
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Charlie, like I said..."Beauty....beholder". And you will notice, I didn't rave about gab either. Our QB is coming in 2017 draft, and we are going to go Philly/LA and ransom our top 3 picks both '17 and '18 to get our franchise QB. But we can actually do that now. Last yr? Not a frigging chance. NONE. So that is a huge improvement for us. First tho, we have to have a good game manager for this yr, so that even if we only win a handful, say 6 Ws or so, we HAVE TO be in all the other games and right to the bitter end. That way top FAs in 2017 will know that we are a team on the rise, and not a cellar dweller. To do that we need a good game mgr to make us look better than our W/L record shows at season's end. We are close now, whereas last yr, with a forgettable HC, OC, DC, OL , DL, DBs, WRs, RBs....we WERE bona fide cellar dwellers.

Cross our fingers and hope for the best. But finally, we have broken thru and are on the way. Chip is a huge part of this, not just in coaching but in his O knowledge of the draft which resulted in one of out best drafts in a long time. And he comes from a D background too. What's not to like?

I agree, I've always liked Chip as a coach. His downfall in Philly was his personnel decisions, not his coaching

Unfortunately, Bliz, I am well aware of that....so are 31 other GMs and owners. That's why I said a trade would include some kind of jerry rigged offer...and probably one not appealing to us. Just have to wait and see. If a trade is going to happen, I would guess it's in the next 3 hrs and 50 mins. Doesn't mean that we can't do a trade after cut downs, but not as likely....maybe....maybe not.

Just traded for Bradford so...
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Unfortunately, Bliz, I am well aware of that....so are 31 other GMs and owners. That's why I said a trade would include some kind of jerry rigged offer...and probably one not appealing to us. Just have to wait and see. If a trade is going to happen, I would guess it's in the next 3 hrs and 50 mins. Doesn't mean that we can't do a trade after cut downs, but not as likely....maybe....maybe not.

I'm still hopeful that one of two things will happen: 1) Kaepernick becomes a better QB and/or 2) Denver losing their first four games and comes calling.
No lie, that would be ideal, dtg. Chip already in two weeks has taught Kap to do something no one else could do....throw and complete 3-5 yard passes. But like you, I would love to see Denver come calling, on elway's knees... But that is just wishful thinking.
Kap is like a f***ing virus we can't get rid of. I would took a 5th for him.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Sep 3, 2016 at 8:26 AM ]

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

He meant the eagles. The eagles are left with daniels and wentz
How is bradford worth a 1st round pick?
Originally posted by PacTiger:

Same reason Carson Palmer was worth 2 1st-round picks in the middle of the 2011 season.

When your starter gets hurt especially at this time of year, you're backed into a wall.

the fact bradford can be traded for a first and kap cant be traded really tells us a lot
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

He meant the eagles. The eagles are left with daniels and wentz

Maybe the Eagles want one of our QB's then?

Who am I kidding. We're not getting anything at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone