There are 110 users in the forums

Punt Returner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 2m2 minutes ago
Kelly said Ellington, White, Smelter, DuJuan Harris and Bryce Treggs are working on punt returns in OTAs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Kelly said Ellington, White, Smelter, DuJuan Harris and Bryce Treggs are working on punt returns in OTAs.

good. lots of good competition . best man win.
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Ellington sucks we know that and I dont know if Smelter or Harris has even done it before. WhoTF is Treggs?

We going for the single season fair catch record.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:

Ellington sucks we know that and I dont know if Smelter or Harris has even done it before. WhoTF is Treggs?

well that would be a upgrade over the aussie fumbling the ball in my opinion
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
trade for sproles baalke you dumbf**k
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

that makes no sense sus. you have to see what the young people do. that is why you have them. if they fail that is bad and then you have to resort to sign a reggie bush or sproles. I know and understand lots of posters want the INSTANT gratification and the INSTANT answers but if you have not noted,. we are a young team and it will take time to sort it out. for everything there is a beginning and these ota things are our beginning in my opinion. while some people are scared i think its a very very fun and exciting time to see these young hungry unknown kids battle for spots under the guise of some competent coaches. i am more than fine with this cuz i know its a marathon and not a sprint
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cciowa:

that makes no sense sus. you have to see what the young people do. that is why you have them. if they fail that is bad and then you have to resort to sign a reggie bush or sproles. I know and understand lots of posters want the INSTANT gratification and the INSTANT answers but if you have not noted,. we are a young team and it will take time to sort it out. for everything there is a beginning and these ota things are our beginning in my opinion. while some people are scared i think its a very very fun and exciting time to see these young hungry unknown kids battle for spots under the guise of some competent coaches. i am more than fine with this cuz i know its a marathon and not a sprint

I would hire proven person who has done it before and if he fails you release him and then try the young guys. A proven player is a commodity that other teams will be interested in so you have act aggressively, if of course winning games is the goal.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
I would hire proven person who has done it before and if he fails you release him and then try the young guys. A proven player is a commodity that other teams will be interested in so you have act aggressively, if of course winning games is the goal.
a older guy would just retard the younger guys in my opinion. i would never knee jerk and give up a pick for a guy when you do not know if you need him.. i can just see us doing what you want and then when one of the younger guys steps up. people will b***h cuz trent wasted a draft pick on a old man i would much rather give the kids a shot before i bring in a old vet. you have to display faith in your own players for goodness sake
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Out of all the guys in the draft, you couldn't find someone to return kicks?
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 18, 2016 at 6:21 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
a older guy would just retard the younger guys in my opinion. i would never knee jerk and give up a pick for a guy when you do not know if you need him.. i can just see us doing what you want and then when one of the younger guys steps up. people will b***h cuz trent wasted a draft pick on a old man i would much rather give the kids a shot before i bring in a old vet. you have to display faith in your own players for goodness sake

Would you take Tom Brady right now or let Driskel and Thad compete it out ?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by mayo49:
Out of all the guys in the draft, you couldn't take someone to return kicks?

Thats baalke for you.

Ellington with 7th in the league in yards last year

We need a PR not a KR IMO.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Would you take Tom Brady right now or let Driskel and Thad compete it out ?
lol. we are not the pats and its not the same thing.. if this were 2011 or 2012 we would be set with gin but you have to get used to it. that was then.. this is now
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Out of all the guys in the draft, you couldn't take someone to return kicks?

very very legit question
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Ellington with 7th in the league in yards last year

We need a PR not a KR IMO.

Easy to be top10 in kickoff return yards when the defense gives up TDs and FGs like a bottom 5 defense.
Share 49ersWebzone