There are 233 users in the forums

If Staley Goes Down

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not a pleasant topic. But if that did happen, we have nobody that can come in and handle the position adequately.

We saw what happened when our RT went down.

I think the LT would be worse x 10.

Thoughts??
Thoughts? Horrible f**king thread that puts bad juju out there.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
You stop it, right now!
If LasVegasWally got banned, what would we do?
Trenton Brown moves to LT and stays there permanently. Trade Staley for 2 2nd round picks.
Lol

Poor OP bout to get pounced on.
I'd imagine a lot of teams would be hurt bad if their left tackle went down. Not exactly news there.
Shoulda traded Kap for Clady..
It would be an unmitigated disaster.

Trent Brown is a lumbering mule that I think would struggle even at RT. I see Theus as a good pick to battle Brown as a RT, but neither would do well at LT.

Doesn't look like there is a legit solution if Joe misses time... just cringe-worthy terror.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on May 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM ]
Garnett moves to LT, Beadles at LG, Kilgore/Tiller/Brown

Not sure what would happen but with Garnett, Cooper and Theus we have unknown depth. My guess is that Brown would be as good a LT as Boone would have been. Thomas has also played OT I believe. Would it be much worse than Pears, Devey and Martin last year? Doubt it.

I request that all of you reading this knock on wood immediately.
The rookie from ol miss would start
Silver lining, 49ers get the first pick in the 2017 draft. Jed York sells less tickets. Baalke gets fired. A win anyway you look at it.
FA. I'm sure that if Cooper or Theus can't play the position, we'll sign a vet that can.
Happened multiple times last year. Hey why not?
Share 49ersWebzone