Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 468 users in the forums

49ers 2016 Mini Camp

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pears at RT. Sweeeeeeet.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,429
Really excited to see what Harold and Carradine will do this year
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Pears at RT. Sweeeeeeet.

Not worried about that in a voluntary mini camp. Coaches have to look at all the players they haven't actually worked with, and in our case that means every coach, at every position, except Rathman and the running backs.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Brandon Thomas. Kelly is really big on SPARQ scores, and Thomas is a far superior athlete to Tiller, so I'd imagine he'll get a good inside crack at the job barring no major injection of competition.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,687
That is good to hear about Carlos Hyde.
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Pears at RT. Sweeeeeeet.

Dude had 1,011 snaps to Brown's 186. We'll just call that veteran courtesy to "start."
Cam wrote an excellent article...good to see and even better to hear about the pace of the practices. I think Kelly will put the kibosh on a lot of the negative press he got in Philly. Colin Cowherd said it best..."Chip Kelly's a very smart guy and smart people continue to evolve". Anyway, I like what I'm hearing about how he's interacting with players and really getting down to business. Seems the players are responding to it well and that can only be a very good thing. Draft starts tonight, so it'll be interesting to see his influence on Baalke to get the players he wants/needs.

I still think Trent Brown has an excellent chance to be our starting RT...I kind of doubt Pears will even make the 53-man roster. WRT Brandon Thomas, it'd be awesome if he shows us the talent that led Baalke to draft him 2 years ago. He was Clemson's starting LT his final two seasons there, so you know the guy can play.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Pears at RT. Sweeeeeeet.

Dude had 1,011 snaps to Brown's 186. We'll just call that veteran courtesy to "start."
Everyone gets a chance..Looks like pears needs to step up if he wants to stay at #1
My hope... Pears gets pushed down the pecking order after this weekend.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
My hope... Pears gets pushed down the pecking order after this weekend.

I hope we've drafted and developed well enough to push him off the 53
Chip does things differently.

He works guys on Saturday, and some guys didn't like that

He wants you to be part of a team, and not an individual

Since he does things differently, he is an easy target when things go wrong. Some guys just aren't going to like playing for him because he is a "my way or the highway" kinda guy
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by MeddlingKids:
Pears at RT. Sweeeeeeet.

Dude had 1,011 snaps to Brown's 186. We'll just call that veteran courtesy to "start."

said that last year
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
My hope... Pears gets pushed down the pecking order after this weekend.

I hope we've drafted and developed well enough to push him off the 53

I absolutely cannot believe Pears is still on this roster.

Just goes to show you that are GM is clueless.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I absolutely cannot believe Pears is still on this roster.

Just goes to show you that are GM is clueless.

Yeah, "are" GM is clueless!
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone