There are 463 users in the forums
What would it take for you to consider Chips first season a success?
Apr 12, 2016 at 6:16 AM
- InsertNameHere1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,556
I'm going to judge Chips first year on a quality of play basis, as opposed to win total.(to a certain extent)
Apr 12, 2016 at 7:49 AM
- Baldie
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,544
an above .500 record and a winning NFCW record would be a successful season for me. I'll wait until Chips 2nd year before I want top 10 O and D. But if it happens his 1st year then thats a huge plus.
I'm still on the fence about the Chip hire though. My thing is, of all the openings this offseason why was Chip only linked to SF? Unless I missed it he was never in the mix for any of the other openings (Cle, NYG, NYJ, etc.). I kind of have the feeling that all the "no one wants to be in SF" thing is true. No one wants to be in SF and no one wanted Chip.....done deal.
I'm still on the fence about the Chip hire though. My thing is, of all the openings this offseason why was Chip only linked to SF? Unless I missed it he was never in the mix for any of the other openings (Cle, NYG, NYJ, etc.). I kind of have the feeling that all the "no one wants to be in SF" thing is true. No one wants to be in SF and no one wanted Chip.....done deal.
[ Edited by Baldie on Apr 12, 2016 at 7:54 AM ]
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:09 AM
- 49erKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 18,797
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:Don't care about record, just want respectability (as in no 47-7 games, ouch). Team is in full rebuild mode.
Yeah..no blowouts..top 10 offense, and a respectable defense.
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:13 AM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
I'm going to judge Chips first year on a quality of play basis, as opposed to win total.(to a certain extent)
agree
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:24 AM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
Just a thought but what do you guys think the chances are that Kelly slows down his offense a little?
Do you think maybe he noticed his hurry up offense was not effective against certain teams and will be more selective about when to do a high tempo offense?
Do you think maybe he noticed his hurry up offense was not effective against certain teams and will be more selective about when to do a high tempo offense?
Apr 12, 2016 at 8:27 AM
- cciowa
- Veteran
- Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Just a thought but what do you guys think the chances are that Kelly slows down his offense a little?
Do you think maybe he noticed his hurry up offense was not effective against certain teams and will be more selective about when to do a high tempo offense?
i think this is a great point. alot of people assume what he is going to do. i think he can and will adjust based on the people he has. I am more than excited to see the final product later this year
Apr 12, 2016 at 9:06 AM
- JustinNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,762
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Just a thought but what do you guys think the chances are that Kelly slows down his offense a little?
Do you think maybe he noticed his hurry up offense was not effective against certain teams and will be more selective about when to do a high tempo offense?
i think this is a great point. alot of people assume what he is going to do. i think he can and will adjust based on the people he has. I am more than excited to see the final product later this year
I sure hope he does adjust. He did mention that he wasn't going to run the same exact offense that he did Philly.
I am a defensive guy and I am kinda bummed out that the hurry up offense will take away that strong defensive identity we had 2011-2014. If Chip Kelly can slow things down a bit and only go to the max high tempo in certain situations, we may be able to revive that strong defensive identity.
I think mixing up the tempos will really mess with teams also as they wont know what to expect.
Apr 12, 2016 at 9:32 AM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,286
WILD CARD at the very least..
Apr 12, 2016 at 9:50 AM
- Draftology
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,168
Promising performance from whichever young quarterback we take in the first round. Chip cannot be expected to succeed in his first year with this roster.
Apr 12, 2016 at 9:55 AM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,859
Have a top 12 offense
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM
- thl408
- Moderator
- Posts: 33,332
Originally posted by JustinNiner:Chip doesn't go hurry up offense nearly all the time. He does, however, go no huddle nearly all the time. I hope he continues to pick his spots when going hurry up. Most good defenses are too smart to fall for a high tempo, but limited playbook type of gameplan.
Just a thought but what do you guys think the chances are that Kelly slows down his offense a little?
Do you think maybe he noticed his hurry up offense was not effective against certain teams and will be more selective about when to do a high tempo offense?
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM
- glorydayz
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,624
Super Bowl or Bust!
"We don't hang up NFC Championship Banners."
"We don't hang up NFC Championship Banners."
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM
- TooSmooth49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 60
Consistently being able to score 20 points a game
NO and i mean NO receivers running thru our secondary wide open play after play!!!!!
NO and i mean NO receivers running thru our secondary wide open play after play!!!!!
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:57 AM
- Trath44
- Member
- Posts: 958
I just hope we can get through the year without anyone's penis falling off, if we can avoid that it'll be a success.
Apr 12, 2016 at 10:17 PM
- mojave45
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,046
Originally posted by Trath44:I just hope we can get through the year without anyone's penis falling off, if we can avoid that it'll be a success.
True, having that happen live, during a game would be bad.