There are 203 users in the forums

Niners hire ST coach Derius Swinton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Aussie fans are breakdancing all of a sudden.

This. Hayne is back baby. Maybe he'll get a chance to return on kick offs now too.

What is the connection between this guy and Hayne?
There is none but the ex-ST coordinator who had some dick-ish attitude about Hayne is finally gone.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
There is none but the ex-ST coordinator who had some dick-ish attitude about Hayne is finally gone.

Thank God! I think Swinton will be a great hire because he's young and hungry
Originally posted by Jcool:
Derius Swinton and Dave Fipp had similar resumes before getting hired.

in what way?
  • thl408
If he can get the kick returner to return the ball past the 20 yard line, he's a good hire.
Originally posted by thl408:
If he can get the kick returner to return the ball past the 20 yard line, he's a good hire.

all he has to do is play Hayne and he's a good hire imo, good riddance to McDumbass
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:
Derius Swinton and Dave Fipp had similar resumes before getting hired.

in what way?

Flipp was a young coach (39) who had been a assistant special teams coach (4 years) when hired in Philly. Assistant for two NFL teams

Swinton is a young coach (31) who has been a assistant special teams coach (4 years) when hired in SF. Assistant for three NFL teams.

WITHOUT a penalty every effing time. That would be a huge upgrade.
Aussie fans are breakdancing all of a sudden.

This. Hayne is back baby. Maybe he'll get a chance to return on kick offs now too.

What is the connection between this guy and Hayne?

It's just more that many of the Aussie's felt our former ST coach cared much for Hayne and only used him in a one dimensional way. And with a fresh start AND some growth, perhaps Hayne will now get a chance to tryout for both both kickoff and punt return duties.

I felt the same way and I not Aussie...

Same. I thought with Hayne's ability to field a kick off and have extra time to look up and scan the field as he ran (vs. less time for punts), he'd be dynamic.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 22, 2016 at 10:39 AM ]

WITHOUT a penalty every effing time. That would be a huge upgrade.

this
well at least he has a cool name

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by znk916:

all he has to do is play Hayne and he's a good hire imo, good riddance to McDumbass

If this man is a good coach I have no doubt in my mind that Hayne will lead the league in punt return yardage.
Flipp was a young coach (39) who had been a assistant special teams coach (4 years) when hired in Philly. Assistant for two NFL teams

Swinton is a young coach (31) who has been a assistant special teams coach (4 years) when hired in SF. Assistant for three NFL teams.

He also apparently coached for the Rams.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

He literally has 'WIN' in his name
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

He also apparently coached for the Rams.

Originally posted by TheXFactor:

He literally has 'WIN' in his name

There is no "i" in team but there is in "win" and apparently this guy has an "us" factor as well. Man...championship!
Share 49ersWebzone