LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

When is the press conference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by cciowa:
that is the way it should be, remember last years fiasco

NEVER AGAIN! (The first time was painful enough)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cortana49:

then the zone had to endure some moron from iowa who kept blathering to have a open mind on the hire. a*****e
Originally posted by Pick4Six:
Originally posted by SoCold:
I didn't say no one likes him. Just don't think a DC has agreed to come with him. So they need to find someone. That doesn't give me good feels. That's all.

Good point

i am pretty sure once he got the job and even before , he had a list of coaches to contact in preparation for when he got his next job. unlike last year, we are not reacting,, we are pro active in my opinion. and while i hate every one of them, i also assume, he is probably visiting with current staff to see if there is anyone on board he wants to keep to get him coffee

Exactly.

They always say a lot of nice things. Reminds me of dogs sniffing asses. Makes it all seem so friendly but in reality there is still always an element of doubt. Chip wasn't the first choice and he wasn't the last. Tomsula was THE LAST choice. You watch this presser and realize just how much pure BS it was. The amount of butt sniffing was almost gross. Makes me wonder what this one will be like. All I know is that after this last season I am back to expecting little, just like 2010.
Originally posted by cortana49:

then the zone had to endure some moron from iowa who kept blathering to have a open mind on the hire. a*****e

Hey cc... time to forgive yourself. Let's move forward.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by SoCold:
Pat Kirwan was saying yesterday that most coaches getting interviews will contact other coaches who they want to bring with them. Because the Gm should ask them within the first hour of meeting who their coordinators will be.

That statement about a "thorough search" tells me Chip doesn't really have solid guys on deck and Trent is heading up the search to find them.

I don't see that at all. I mean as of right now the only coordinator hired has been Vance Joseph as DC in Miami. Does that mean Hue Jackson doesn't have solid guys lined up because his staff isn't set? Does Adam Gase not have contacts because he has yet to hire an OC?

Just because someone hasn't been hired yet doesn't mean they don't already know who it is. Pat Kirwan got a call from a coach who was asked to be a coordinator if a certain coach was hired to be a HC, so he knew what team was going to hire what HC based on who he talked to.

I'm talking about coaches naming specific other guys during meetings to help GMs decided if who that coach brings will be a good fit. Maybe Chip had a list of a bunch of guys and they need to find out who works? Or maybe like some reports say he doesn't care about defense and just wants Trent to find a DC for the team?
Is chip going to get some catchy intro music like harbaugh did?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Is chip going to get some catchy intro music like harbaugh did?

i hope he does to the players cell phones what mrs shaw did to my water gun when i brought it to school in 4th grade, she stomped on it with her high heels in front of me
Questions by the Media:

1. Are you going force your players drink healthy shakes?
2. Are you going to run them into the ground in practices?
3. Isn't the defense going get tired being on the field for 59 minutes?
4. Are you going to work with Baalke in selecting draft picks? Or take what gives you and then punch him in the face?
5. Are you going force your players to pee in cups every morning?

Gonna guess Friday for both lynch and shanny
Oh what tomarrow?
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Oh what tomarrow?

No parade in ATL to go to....Wednesday presser is my guess
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Oh what tomarrow?

No parade in ATL to go to....Wednesday presser is my guess

they give parades for colossal losers? wow. they must commemorate sherman's sojourn through their city too.

anyway why not sign tonight?
If I was Shanny I would be on a plane to SF right now. Put this horror show behind me asap.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Feb 5, 2017 at 8:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone