LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 342 users in the forums

When is the press conference

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sorry if it was posted earlier, I just read hundreds of posts and find any mention of it.
Thanks in advance
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
sometime next week
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Wednesday or Thursday next week.
last week
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by mayo49:
Wednesday or Thursday next week.

English says you better have a link.
Most teams I thought have one that or the next day, why the delay?
Originally posted by SoCold:
sometime next week
  • frenz
  • Veteran
I'll try to find a link, but they said the presser was taking a back seat for the CS search. Wise move, imo.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Virginia9ers:
Originally posted by SoCold:
sometime next week

Maybe Chip is busy?
Originally posted by Virginia9ers:

Putting together a coaching staff takes priority over a press conference.
  • frenz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenz:
I'll try to find a link, but they said the presser was taking a back seat for the CS search. Wise move, imo.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14569856/san-francisco-49ers-hire-chip-kelly-next-coach

"As one of the most historic franchises in the National Football League, I realize the high standards and expectations that this position demands and I embrace the challenges ahead," Kelly said in a statement. "My immediate focus is to build the best coaching staff possible, one that will maximize the abilities of each of our players and put us in the best position to win football games."

49ers CEO Jed York tweeted that he and general manager Trent Baalke selected Kelly, who will be introduced in a news conference next week, "after a thorough search."

Next Wednesday or Thursday. Seems kind of weird though since Chip was reported being at team facilities yesterday.
Originally posted by frenz:
yeah it is. If the Staff sucks...he doesn't get hired
"As one of the most historic franchises in the National Football League, I realize the high standards and expectations that this position demands and I embrace the challenges ahead," Kelly said in a statement. "My immediate focus is to build the best coaching staff possible, one that will maximize the abilities of each of our players and put us in the best position to win football games."

Jed leans over in front of Kelly's mic, 'I just want to add. Chip is not racist.'
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Next Wednesday or Thursday. Seems kind of weird though since Chip was reported being at team facilities yesterday.

Yeah, they could have done a real quick one and got it out the way.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Yeah, they could have done a real quick one and got it out the way.

Owners meeting might have something to do with the delay.
Share 49ersWebzone