There are 151 users in the forums

Chip Kelly's Coaching Staff: Who Will They Be?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Peterson keeps Shurmur just a hunch, And didn't they both work together in Philly??

shurmur was qb coach from 02-08, pederson 11-12... the 2 years pederson was qb coach shurmur was the hc in cleveland. Pederson was the backup qb in GB when Pat's uncle Fritz was the DC so there is a tiny bit of connection there. I could fully see Pederson keeping him though.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:03 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
NY & cleveland just hired a coach

Tampa is about to hire a coach

There is going to be a few coaches looking to fill out staffs i can see why the 49ers want to wait on the press conference.
Any tweets/leaks/guesses from the "experts" who the coordinators will be with chip? Specifically D.C
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Any tweets/leaks/guesses from the "experts" who the coordinators will be with chip? Specifically D.C

Just Ryan Day maybe for OC. Other then that no other names have been leaked out.
Originally posted by Jcool:
NY & cleveland just hired a coach

Tampa is about to hire a coach

There is going to be a few coaches looking to fill out staffs i can see why the 49ers want to wait on the press conference.

Yes that was my first thought with why they would take that long. Build a staff, worry about the press conference later.
No guesses that I have seen minus QB coach for philly Ryan Day as OC. I see the eagles dc is billy davis. If you guys remember him he was nolan's dc in 05 and 06. Wasn't very good but I tihnk he has improved. He can coach the 3-4 or 4-3. Count me on the Mike Pettine bandwagon over Lewis, Mangini or Donatell (wouldnt happen though)
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 14, 2016 at 3:09 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Don Banks ‏@DonBanks
Source says Jim Schwartz has offers to serve as defensive coordinator from multiple teams. But not known if Eagles have made an offer yet.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Tom Rathman

you think Chip will keep Rathman? I hope so.

Me three.

It will get real interesting soon.

Also wonder if he'll keep Miller?
Originally posted by jreff22:
GET PETTINE NOW

As a DC, hell yes! Have loved the Pettines since they were on ESPN's, "A Football Life". Great football family. Mike's Dad is a football coaching God in Pennsylvania.
Miller is too good to get rid of. Use him as a TE or HB if you dont want to have a traditional fullback.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Bob Bicknell turned down a chance to be the 49ers OC last year to stay in Philly on Chips staff as WR coach.
If Kelly can convince DePillipo to come here it would be awesome but doubtful. My guess would on Bickwell, Lazor, Shurmur or even Kiffin as OC.

Defense have to be very important because they need good coach who can turn around this team immediately so my options would be Schwartz becomes he can fit with current roster just when he took charge of Bills D when Marrone was the HC.
What about whisenhunt as OC?
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
As a DC, hell yes! Have loved the Pettines since they were on ESPN's, "A Football Life". Great football family. Mike's Dad is a football coaching God in Pennsylvania.

If they arent being shy about spending money, back that Brinks truck up for Pettine too.
Originally posted by Iupati77:
What about whisenhunt as OC?

Gone to SD.
Share 49ersWebzone