Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 417 users in the forums

Possible breakout players 2016

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Hyde explodes to a 12 games played season in 2016

Careful with that terminology. Hopefully the explosion is not him breaking down. He is exciting to watch when healthy though.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Pinion. He is going to get a lot of punting chances...

Yeah he looked drained from this last season. Might get RSI on his tootsies.
Gabbert, unless they mess up the coach hire. Which is entirely possible.
  • 4x9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 751
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by bewdynewkJH38:
Hayne

Hopefully he gets cut and go away
Which way u rooting wabbits
Eli Harold--has been a leader and an impact player at every level...just needs to bulk up during the offseason.
depends on coaching staff + FA/draft, some players could get pushed down the depth chart, not fit in a new system....

but:

Armstead, obviously
Tartt --- sooooo raw, and yet he made some spectacular plays as early as wk1. Tartt is gonna be a star
Ward can certainly take another step
Lynch - can take another step as well
Carradine -- call me crazy but if the new staff shows a little bit of patience with him, there's no doubt Carradine belongs on the edge
Harold
Acker & Reaser -- essentially rookies playing at one of the tougher positions for young guys to play. And on top of that Magnini's system is pretty complicated, either he's gone or he's back and they're more familiar in it
D. Johnson -- I like Acker and Reaser better in the long run, but if neither can step up I also have faith in Dontae to be a serviceable starter

on O:

Hyde - he had his spectacular wk1, and then later got hurt but I see no reason why he can't be a top 5 back in this league
Celek... maybe, I can see him being the next Gary Barnidge (1,043 yds) or at least having a Jacob Tamme season (657 yds).. he needs to be re-signed first, stay healthy second
Bell

ummm.....

I wanna say Brandon Thomas, but I hope we get two high profiled Gs (either FA or draft) and he never sees the field to be honest
Bruce Ellington - maybe if we hire a coach who knows how to use him

dark horse: Busta Anderson... Delanie Walker/Jordan Reed type of TE. I like what I saw in PS against 3rd stringers. He has the size and athleticism. Remember how long it took Walker to get going though? He was the same draft class as VD.

STs dark horses: Hayne and Pinion. We need a new ST's coach though, god I miss that 2011 ST's crew. We need Seely back.
[ Edited by Escobar on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:58 AM ]
Hell, Quinton Dial is 25 and Ian Williams is 26 - they should be getting better as well
Lynch and Ward gots dat upside
Originally posted by 4x9er:
Which way u rooting wabbits

Goneski.
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,258
The kicking tee boy.

He gunna work his ass off again this year if we can't fix the ability to score TD.

And if we do,fix the issue of scori g TD then he is going HOF

Seriously I like POP tart. If he can control that aggression he gunna make pro bowl.
[ Edited by MFWIC on Jan 12, 2016 at 2:00 AM ]
Going to skip the more obvious (Tartt, Armstead, Lynch, Johnson - kid can clearly play if matched up correctly, Ward, Hyde et al).

Sleepers on offense

Tiller
Brown
Patton - with the right coach I think he can be put in position to make an impact. Maybe not a star impact, but a significantly larger than currently established one.

Sleepers on defense

Acker
Harold
Cromartie
Carradine - again, with the right coach with a vision I think he can make an impact.
[ Edited by Evilgenius on Jan 12, 2016 at 5:32 AM ]
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 117
Im rooting for Smelter. Loved his game at GTech, hoping he comes in healthy and hungry. So much potential
I think Tiller will get better, and so will Hodges.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,446
Hodges will have a breakout year and I will also Quinton Dial.
Trent Brown, quick feet, huge hands, just pushes defensive ends like rag dolls. He stands next to other linemen and they look small. Watch year two.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone