There are 153 users in the forums

Head Coach Candidate Mike Shula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's not a sexy name in HC candidate anymore. He was an Adam Gase type candidate long time ago. Fell on his ass hard with the Bengals. I think he would be a solid hire. What he's doing with Newton and the lack of good WR group is impressive so far.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He's not a sexy name in HC candidate anymore. He was an Adam Gase type candidate long time ago. Fell on his ass hard with the Bengals. I think he would be a solid hire. What he's doing with Newton and the lack of good WR group is impressive so far.

When was he with the Bengals??
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That was his brother Dave.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
After last nites game, Hue dropped down my list and shula is now on top. The cincy game reminded me too much of ...well, us. And that is not what we want, a bunch of guys all trhing to by Humpty Dumbrowski all at the same time. Cincy was pahtetic esp when they converted a sure win into a Loss. And if Hue called that HB run off tackle with 1:25 lef in the game and ball on the 25, then he should not be our HC. If Marvin called that play, Hue should have said no. Hue didn't come out of last nite as good as he looked prior to last nite. Sorry Hue fans. I am waiting for interview with shula after they win the SB. McDaniels also. And chip....i don't see chip anywhere on the chart.

i think he was hand cuffed with a back up QB...although I didn't like the 2 point call...but over all he did his best with AJ as the QB...
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That was his brother Dave.

Oh s**t, I didn't know there was 2 of them. Sorry my bad.
Aside from his work with Cam and no-name receivers, I feel like Shula would bring some attitude back to the Niners. Don't feel like we'd play as soft as we did this last year.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
my second pick, but no way Miami doesn't grab him.
Originally posted by Chief:

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Chief:

Lol, oh yeah.
Hue or Shula would be ok by me.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Aside from his work with Cam and no-name receivers, I feel like Shula would bring some attitude back to the Niners. Don't feel like we'd play as soft as we did this last year.

If they can't land Hue Jackson and they don't want Chip Kelly, Mike Shula and Doug Peterson is who I think they should go after. I honestly don't think Coughlin would be serious about coming to SF, in the end I think he ends up in Philly. Jed York and Trent Baalke TRIED to make a splash, I'm satisfied that they tried to trade for Payton, no sense on dwelling what didn't happen time to move on. And I think that fans would be upset about Shula or Peterson, but I think they would improve the team instantly, maybe not a NFC Championship but at least make the 49ers contenders again.
is shula really a candidate ?
If we hire him kaps our guy.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Agree
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Agree
is there an interview, did i miss this info ?
Share 49ersWebzone