LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 134 users in the forums

Make Levi Stadim a ghost town

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i think the NFL has brainwashed the fans into believing that team loyalty is equated to the amount you spend on tickets/merchandise.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Let me also add that Parking is $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention it takes me an hour each way just to drive 35 miles. South. The traffic is a god damn nightmare. It's torture getting there then we have to watch the crap on the field after the York's jacked up my 2500 50 yard line candlestick tickets 3 fold. Bait and switched!! I don't' think I've ever been so angry at a person I've never met than I am at Jed York.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by crake49:
When I look at the stands in Cleveland or in Detroit, all I can think is that as usual, Niner fans are a disgrace. If the Niners aren't winning, half the crowd leaves. This is the definition of bandwagon fans and the Niners have a load of them. Browns fans are still there. Lions fans are still there. Niner fans? Niner fans are crap.

How many games did you go to this season? Those tickets are expensive and the games are not fun to watch why should people show up for such a terrible product?

Yup. Its like a ford guy refusing to buy a pinto and all the guys who bought one hate on you for being wise with YOUR money.

If you bought a psl, u got a pinto and have a right to be pissssed.
30 year PSL, let that sink in your head

no team can put on a 30 year tear in the NFL

You're right but, I don't think anyone here is suggesting this solely because the team sucks. The manner in which the team went from being a powerhouse to absolute garbage happened because of an inept, cheap, egotistic owner not because the parody in the NFL.
Originally posted by mojave45:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jed_york_thought_jim_harbaughs_coaching_staff_was_too_expensive/s1_127_20103253

The thing I hate about Kawakami is that he's just always guilding the lily with complete and total BS, and basically treats his readers like they're idiots. The second tweet of his at that link is a good example:

"Instead, York/Baalke/Tomsula had to bribe mediocre coaches with multi-year deals to even consider signing up this year."

Chryst and Mangini both got three year contracts. Three year contracts for coordinators don't stand out in any way at all; they are totally the industry standard to the point that remarking on them at all is pointless.

He's covered the NFL for long enough for there to be no way at all for him not to know this. He thinks his readers are idiots though.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Damn Crake is getting from all angles.

As someone should w that pov considering the circumstances.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I turned down free tickets this season multiple times. Frankly is not worth the time and effort to attend the games this season or the $50 for parking. Heck it's barely worth the time to watch it on tv.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i think the NFL has brainwashed the fans into believing that team loyalty is equated to the amount you spend on tickets/merchandise.

This. You can see it in this thread.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

This. You can see it in this thread.

So what you do is...

1. buy tickets on stubhub which is from money already spent on tickets
2. take the light rail to the game
3. take food into the game with you purchased outside of the stadium
4. Bring empty water bottles to fill up at the water fountains
5. Use the water fountains and restrooms as much as possible!

You are essentially not giving them any extra money. The tickets are all sold already to everyone the got SBLs. That money is locked in each year in May.
Originally posted by Kense:
Let me also add that Parking is $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention it takes me an hour each way just to drive 35 miles. South. The traffic is a god damn nightmare. It's torture getting there then we have to watch the crap on the field after the York's jacked up my 2500 50 yard line candlestick tickets 3 fold. Bait and switched!! I don't' think I've ever been so angry at a person I've never met than I am at Jed York.
you should be happy, before the new stadium the 49ers had the cheapest face value tix in the league.

We've been trucking up the peninsula for decades one of those decades was just to go tailgate
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by mojave45:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/jed_york_thought_jim_harbaughs_coaching_staff_was_too_expensive/s1_127_20103253

The thing I hate about Kawakami is that he's just always guilding the lily with complete and total BS, and basically treats his readers like they're idiots. The second tweet of his at that link is a good example:

"Instead, York/Baalke/Tomsula had to bribe mediocre coaches with multi-year deals to even consider signing up this year."

Chryst and Mangini both got three year contracts. Three year contracts for coordinators don't stand out in any way at all; they are totally the industry standard to the point that remarking on them at all is pointless.

He's covered the NFL for long enough for there to be no way at all for him not to know this. He thinks his readers are idiots though.

I still remember during the 2013 MLB season when he had a long, drawn-out and overdramatized article in the Mercury news that basically said the Giants suck and their WS rings were flukes (and then they won again the following season. LOL)

I'm all in favor of journalism that "tells it like it is." But this guy seems to want to just piss fans off and touch himself while watching the teams he reports on fail. Puts a negative spin on absolutely everything. We're beating the Lions? He tweets "The 49ers extended Singletary after being the Lions and Rams. Be careful what you wish for fans!" We lose the lead and then lose? He writes another long article that basically says "Hahaha Niners suck! They're stuck! They will suck forever and ever! Take THAT Niners fans!" Okay... So were we supposed to win or not?

The team could literally win the SB and he would just be like "49ers win SB. Glory won't last forever, though. Must embrace it now while they can." Has he ever even written anything positive about the 49ers, even when we were winning?
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM ]

I'll always watch these guys on local TV. Luckily i live here and can do that. But yeah i don't really even like Levis stadium so i may not go there even if we were winning. If i could sit on the shade side in the premier seats for a little less money and we were winning i might go again. But either way I'm destined to watch these guys on Fox or CBS every sunday here. All i can do is hope. I do hate how they have made our team though. The constant leaks like high school kids. The absolutely HORRIBLE coaching hires. No other team would have hired Singletary and Tomsula just 5 years apart!! Those are two horrible head coaching hires. Jed is inexperienced and dumb honestly. When fans all have consensus better picks for these jobs than the owner and his whole group of people he pays to kiss his feet than we have problems. And when it happens over and over again it can begin to seem like we are doomed.

Harbaugh came here and won, every team with a damn opening was in those sweepstakes. It was literally everywhere in the media that this was the top HC prospect. There have been no retard proof picks for HC the other times Jed and co have been looking and they have proved inept to look for someone qualified or find any diamond in the rough type guy. It doesn't look good, but I'm buckled in for the ride because im destined by birth in this 49er s**t. One day it will get better. Hopefully people learn sooner than later
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
When I look at the stands in Cleveland or in Detroit, all I can think is that as usual, Niner fans are a disgrace. If the Niners aren't winning, half the crowd leaves. This is the definition of bandwagon fans and the Niners have a load of them. Browns fans are still there. Lions fans are still there. Niner fans? Niner fans are crap.

How many games did you go to this season? Those tickets are expensive and the games are not fun to watch why should people show up for such a terrible product?

Yup. Its like a ford guy refusing to buy a pinto and all the guys who bought one hate on you for being wise with YOUR money.

You're right but, I don't think anyone here is suggesting this solely because the team sucks. The manner in which the team went from being a powerhouse to absolute garbage happened because of an inept, cheap, egotistic owner not because the parody in the NFL.
that owner gave the fans 3 times to almost have a SB, but the coach couldn't get it done

and this is why both those teams have 0 SB Championships combined dumb fans will show up whether they win or not so their respectful owners can careless if they have a winning product out there.

Take a stance and something is bout to happen eventually.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

that owner gave the fans 3 times to almost have a SB, but the coach couldn't get it done

Coach doesn't turn the ball over. Lol

You don't have to keep proving to us why you bought that PSL bro. I'm happy for you that you could make it work financially. If thats what makes you happy do that s**t. We will be good again. It doesn't look promising when ownership repeats the same mistakes and hires HC's that no one else is thinking of hiring or thinks is any good. But we will be good again.

I think just because you have season tix and feel fine about it doesn't mean you have to like Jed but thats your prerogative. The CEO has created a culture of leaks, embarrassing as hell really. He has made stupid hire after stupid hire while a ballerina team president could have known to hire Harbaugh.

Still seems like you are touchy on the PSL subject cause everyone here who probably doesn't have one or considered buying one harps on it. But enjoy your seats man. We will be good again
Share 49ersWebzone