LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 238 users in the forums

Is it time hit the reset button?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is it time hit the reset button?

Originally posted by mitpdub:
We're working our way to a top 1st round pick this coming year. If they trade Kap for picks of value then we can rebuild through the draft IF Baalke doesn't try to draft guys coming off career threatening injury. Kilgore and AD back on the Oline helps too and we could probably get a solid Guard for a 2nd rounder. If there's a sure thing QB looking at us in the 1st, then we should take it.

Baalkes ability to draft Wrs, or even sign them like Torrey Smith still hurting us. Maybe York can hire a football man who will Fire Baalke and the whole coaching staff

Only hope...otherwise it will be a cyclical repeat of suckage over the next decade...
how can you say the team needs gutting and then find the coaching staff accountable.its one or the other..If the coach has the cattle and is not performing then you can blame the coach.But if you say you dont have the cattle you cant blame the coaches.That goes to the management.
Core players to keep:

Staley
Boone
Kilgore

Hyde
Miller

T. Smith
D. Smelter

G. Celek

A. Armstead
I. Williams
Q. Dial

A. Lynch
N. Bowman

E. Reid
J. Tartt

Everyone else GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by barrymartin:
We're working our way to a top 1st round pick this coming year. If they trade Kap for picks of value then we can rebuild through the draft IF Baalke doesn't try to draft guys coming off career threatening injury. Kilgore and AD back on the Oline helps too and we could probably get a solid Guard for a 2nd rounder. If there's a sure thing QB looking at us in the 1st, then we should take it.

Baalkes ability to draft Wrs, or even sign them like Torrey Smith still hurting us. Maybe York can hire a football man who will Fire Baalke and the whole coaching staff

Only hope...otherwise it will be a cyclical repeat of suckage over the next decade...

youve got to rid the place of that praasanthe whats his name that is using computerised stats to select dollar value drafts .With no thought to combinations or the human aspects,so you will develop a team without soul.
Originally posted by mike1302:
Originally posted by barrymartin:

youve got to rid the place of that praasanthe whats his name that is using computerised stats to select dollar value drafts .With no thought to combinations or the human aspects,so you will develop a team without soul.

It's the right way to do business, but you have to have someone who is good at putting all the right pieces in place. Balke does not appear to be that guy.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
It's located just under the scalp on jed's bald spot. Someone hit it with a hammer
The problem is going to be finding a good coach that would actually want to work for Jed York.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Start with a new coaching staff and an upgraded OL. I think the defense being so up and down.....stuffing Freeman one week but letting Rawls run all over them goes right back to the coaching. Mangini has tried to take personnel and make them fit his scheme rather than make his scheme fit the personnel. Its not working, time to pull the plug on him.

Beyond that, center is a major need, it'd be worth every penny to bring in Alex Mack from the Browns in FA. A lot of the OL issues start with the center spot, with teams being able to too easily get pressure to collapse the pocket. RT is another major need, the good thing is that the draft is pretty well stacked in tackle talent. They need to find someone that can deal with speed rushers far better than Pears can. Brown really should be starting from here on out, its not like they have anything left to lose other than the coaching staff trying to save their jobs.

More speed at ILB. Bowman still looks like he is recovering and Wilhoite looks confused way too often for me to even blame it on the coaching. He's a backup at best, nothing more. Adding someone like a Jaylon Smith would have a major impact right off the bat. In general more speed on this defense is a need.

But the coaching is just abysmal, they had two weeks to get their stuff together and the entire team came out looking flat, unprepared and even disinterested. That falls 100% on the coaching staff. Tomsula might be a good DL coach and a super nice guy but he's proven that he's not HC material at this point.

Excellent post!

I've been on the Mack bandwagon for some time now. Totally agree the Trent Brown should be starting.

I was really hoping JT would do well BUT he's failing every week.

I'm really hoping Trent has started a secret coaching search by now.

When are we mathematically eliminated??
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
The problem is going to be finding a good coach that would actually want to work for Jed York.

Who wouldn't want to work for this legendary organization?
They pretty much wanted to do that before the deadline per lacanfora. Had almost every player on trade block, but were asking for too much. I won't really miss any of the FA's if they leave, even Boone hasn't been that great.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
The Bananas is rotten, it's too late... gotta go shopping for fresh ones
A real coach would demand too much power, York and Baalke can't live without it. So if they go by past performance they will look for someone with no head coaching experience. Add in the factor no one wants to come here. We had a winning formula and it was not good enough for the Yorks. Tomsula seems to be a nice guy but in press conferences he can't put together two sentences, how does he put together a game plan?
Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
There is no reset button. Building a good team isnt some wave of a wand or a snap of a finger. This is why it was stupid to be so ungrateful and short sighted when you had a more stable coaching staff.

Good coaches and impact players dont grow on trees. This is what a lot of folks asked for when they whined and complained about an 8-8 season.

This.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Start with a new coaching staff and an upgraded OL. I think the defense being so up and down.....stuffing Freeman one week but letting Rawls run all over them goes right back to the coaching. Mangini has tried to take personnel and make them fit his scheme rather than make his scheme fit the personnel. Its not working, time to pull the plug on him.

Beyond that, center is a major need, it'd be worth every penny to bring in Alex Mack from the Browns in FA. A lot of the OL issues start with the center spot, with teams being able to too easily get pressure to collapse the pocket. RT is another major need, the good thing is that the draft is pretty well stacked in tackle talent. They need to find someone that can deal with speed rushers far better than Pears can. Brown really should be starting from here on out, its not like they have anything left to lose other than the coaching staff trying to save their jobs.

More speed at ILB. Bowman still looks like he is recovering and Wilhoite looks confused way too often for me to even blame it on the coaching. He's a backup at best, nothing more. Adding someone like a Jaylon Smith would have a major impact right off the bat. In general more speed on this defense is a need.

But the coaching is just abysmal, they had two weeks to get their stuff together and the entire team came out looking flat, unprepared and even disinterested. That falls 100% on the coaching staff. Tomsula might be a good DL coach and a super nice guy but he's proven that he's not HC material at this point.

Excellent post!

I've been on the Mack bandwagon for some time now. Totally agree the Trent Brown should be starting.

I was really hoping JT would do well BUT he's failing every week.

I'm really hoping Trent has started a secret coaching search by now.

When are we mathematically eliminated??

You just don't get it, do you? Trent lead the search that got us Tomsula. Drove Fangio out of town. Tried for Gase and missed. You think he will do better now? Now that the team is 32nd overall? Trent is a huge component of the problem.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Core players to keep:

Staley
Boone
Kilgore

Hyde
Miller

T. Smith
D. Smelter

G. Celek

A. Armstead
I. Williams
Q. Dial

A. Lynch
N. Bowman

E. Reid
J. Tartt

Everyone else GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, a lot of those wouldn't have been considered core players a year ago. Of the players I bolded, the only ones I would really care if we lost are Hyde, Armstead, and Lynch (maybe Bowman for sentimental reasons).
Share 49ersWebzone