There are 178 users in the forums

Bethea placed on IR

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by All22:
Wow. A solo tackle on Beast Mode in the backfield?

When was the last time that happened?

Tartt is a beast. Sucks to lose Bethea, he's a good veteran player, but Tartt is the future. Excited to see what he can do as the starting SS.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Have a good feeling bout this dude
Originally posted by jimrat:

Could be one of the few young players we have to build around. So far we got Hyde and Lynch looking like future stars. Hoping to add Tartt and Armstead to that conversation soon.
cant wait to see Tartt
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Could be one of the few young players we have to build around. So far we got Hyde and Lynch looking like future stars. Hoping to add Tartt and Armstead to that conversation soon.

Next year, if we get someone who can rush the passer opposite Lynch, that will be a big help with a further developed Armstead on the field -- he should be starting by then. If Hodges is a better pass-rusher than Wilhoite, that would also help us generate more pressure.

DL: Armstead - Dorsey/Purcell - Dial/Carradine (this lineup if Williams isn't re-signed)
LBs: Lynch - Bowman - Hodges - ???/Harold

I thought about the idea of getting Justin Houston from KC, but don't know if he'd test free agency or if he'd come here. In KC they've got their own "Ahmad Brooks" situation with Tamba Hali (31 years old and not producing jack right now). Id take him only on a cheap cheap deal.
That's probably it for him here.
It keeps getting worse.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Next year, if we get someone who can rush the passer opposite Lynch, that will be a big help with a further developed Armstead on the field -- he should be starting by then. If Hodges is a better pass-rusher than Wilhoite, that would also help us generate more pressure.

DL: Armstead - Dorsey/Purcell - Dial/Carradine (this lineup if Williams isn't re-signed)
LBs: Lynch - Bowman - Hodges - ???/Harold

I thought about the idea of getting Justin Houston from KC, but don't know if he'd test free agency or if he'd come here. In KC they've got their own "Ahmad Brooks" situation with Tamba Hali (31 years old and not producing jack right now). Id take him only on a cheap cheap deal.

Houston signed an extension with KC during the summer, so he won't be a FA target unfortunately. Would still love to upgrade the pass-rush via free agency.

I think a guy we'll make a serious run at is Bruce Irvin from the Seahawks. I remember hearing Baalke had him targeted in the 1st rd of the 2012 draft. Seattle picked him much earlier than expected, in the middle of the 1st rd. He's a guy that can transition to 3-4 OLB pretty easily. Has pass rush skill and an excellent athlete. I bit of a headcase, but no legal issues that I know of.
You thought our pass D was bad before lol...
I'd like to see Ward at S and Tartt start in place of Wilhoite.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xberesx:

Doesnt even matter. Young guns need to play.
Back break for Bethea. Speedy recovery
What happened to Dontae Johnson?

Tomsula's dog house lmao for some reason.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by xberesx:

Doesnt even matter. Young guns need to play.

Exactly, young ones need to play.
Originally posted by stud85:
What happened to Dontae Johnson?

Tomsula's dog house lmao for some reason.

Probably not playing because he's starter-worthy, and we insist on starting inferior players at certain positions (Devey over Tiller, Patton over Ellington, etc.)
Share 49ersWebzone