There are 194 users in the forums

Why Don't You Do Smoething About It?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I was a proud member of Dump York, when it comes down to it people won't open their wallets for the cause. I belong to a professional forum that years ago said they had gotten big enough they would have to put ads on the site to pay for new servers. I suggested members
voluntarily donate to support the site as by being a member you are privy to technical help from other members. It is a great way for the
less knowledgeable to solve work place problems, it actually saves you time and money from trial and error.as many members have been there and done that. Hordes of people posted they would donate. Anyway with 25,000 members they raised a paltry $800 and half of that came from
me and a couple guys who kicked in $100 each.

I hope I am wrong but I think the York's went back to their cheapskate ways after Harbaugh's winning got them a stadium. Why else from you promote a defensive line coach from within to be head coach when your offense needed the most work. It isn't like our coordinators are top flight either, a bad combination with what the 49ers have as a head coach. About the only thing you could do is publicly embarrass them, but that will take money. I am sure they won't let you wear "The Yorks suck" t-shirts in the stadium. Need to fly banners by the stadium, rent billboards, take out ads etc,etc. Find
Jed's route to the stadium and litter it with anti York propaganda.
why don't you do Smoething about it?
I always find it funny how people on this site think every 49er fan in the world is a member here and visits daily. let's say this protest actually got organized and you all were grouped together at one end of the stadium. you probably wouldn't even be able to fill two rows of seats.
Originally posted by Ike49:
There's great people here that have proven before to create serious pull that have been able to push the franchise into making some good things happen, why not take that power and create a demand for change?
I know you can't spend your daily lives chasing avenues to make changes that should clearly be taken by the ownership, but I bet if a movement was created here that there's people right here in this forum that could create a grass roots effort to bring serious change.
I think at the very least, maybe an interview with Jed York could be arranged after a certain amount public outcry, where he would be forced to answer for his terrible decisions.

Certainly a call amongst 49er Faithful season ticket holders could be formed to boycott and not renew their tickets.

Something has to be done before we watch an entire decade go by and see ourselves in the same terrible place.

Is there any desire from members here to force change?
I thought about this, but then it dawned on me: The season ticket holders would lose their SBL rights and Jed would get to sell the tickets again creating a double dip for a second time on the SBL buy in...... This strategy would actually help Jed, unless you think you could stop anyone from buying the tickets from then on, but thats not very realistic.
I already paid over 1200 dollars for my season tix lol
Originally posted by boast:
you should put forth this effort to bring upon some other more valuable social change. football is just entertainment...distraction. meanwhile, our leadership is bombing hospitals and passing secret treaties like the TPP that are far more important to our day to day lives.

oh boy....
lol. sorry, but it doesn't work that way. if it did, then the Browns, Raiders, and many other franchises even outside of the NFL would have new owners.
In one sense, no there is nothing to do about the current ownership and its decision-making that will have a short-term financial impact on the team. However if the fans were more vocal and visual with their discontent with the FO, eventually that starts to show up on the pre-game shows. It becomes a topic of conversation between the announcers that call the game. It makes its way into nationally broadcast shows. And then it becomes a matter of public embarrassment for the Yorks and the people that are associated with the team.

Once it becomes a well-publicized embarrassment, it starts to affect the League in subtle ways. The Yorks have owned the team for 15 years and, as far as I could tell, have no significant responsibility within the league. It's not like they are considered by their peers as a leader or even necessary to the long-term success of the league. So, maybe they start getting "subtle" pressure to change things up, disassociate themselves from management, sell the team, etc. from other owners. Maybe they get ostracized a bit. It is the pressure from the league, not the fans, that would perhaps force a change.

But we are a long, long, long way from that reality.
Here's a better idea...save the drama and show some patience. This team showed last night they're not throwing in the towel...they're playing hard and maybe, just maybe with a little patience and support from the fan base they'll continue to improve. How 'bout that?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
you should put forth this effort to bring upon some other more valuable social change. football is just entertainment...distraction. meanwhile, our leadership is bombing hospitals and passing secret treaties like the TPP that are far more important to our day to day lives.

oh boy....

i bet you wore a suit to the game in solidarity with Mike Nolan's fight against Reebok and mandatory sideline apparel

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
lol. sorry, but it doesn't work that way. if it did, then the Browns, Raiders, and many other franchises even outside of the NFL would have new owners.

There is nothing the league or the fans can do to force an owner out absent something criminal or an act that is contrary to the best interest of the league. But the NFL couldn't even force Al Davis out (though it tried). But the Yorks are relatively new as far as ownership groups go ... if the right buyer showed up there would be plenty of people in the league that would try to persuade the Yorks to sell. Given that we happen to live in one of the wealthiest areas in all of the world, our only hope is that one of these rich tech guys is a die hard 49er fan and is as dissatisfied with the Yorks as the rest of us.
Honestly, the 49ers don't owe you or any fan anything. People choose who they wish to support, choose to purchase tickets and other team related merchandise and choose how fervently to barrack for the team. None of that is forced upon anyone and there are no guarantees. If a fan chooses to have a high emotional attachment to the results the team produces, then they are setting themselves up for disappointment when things don't go well. They are not being betrayed by the team. Being a team supporter by definition means you are signing on for the unknown. Teams have ups and downs, bad teams become champions and champion teams become bad, it's inevitable when a teams history spans decades. It's practically impossible to stay at the top indefinitely, especially in such a competitive sport. There are analogous examples of what is happening with the Niners in every single major sporting league in the world.

Last week I watched my team who I've supported since they were born in 1988 lose the NRL equivalent of the SB by one point in extra time. It sucks but it's part and parcel of being a supporter. Hanging tough through hard times is part of what makes being a fan interesting for me.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

oh boy....

What? He's right. With what's going down in our government right now, it might behoove folks to care about something as important and impactful to our lives as what Boast mentioned. Football should be down the list a bit at this moment in time.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You don't think something could be created to torch York in the media enough to make him make changes?

No, not for the time being. The team is privately owned, their revenue flow is absurd right now, from a business and financial. standpoint there is no justification for them to do a thing differently.

Well, there's always crying about it in the Internet. People seem to do a lot of that like it's going to change something.

Aren't you one of the guys that has a group of tailgaters where you have (or continue to sorry I'm not familiar with all of it) honor the memory of a fan that recently passed?

Through some work of people on this site this fan got to meet the team I believe. Didn't that start here in this forum?

What's that got to do with people crying on the internet about the owner and product on the field? lol
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Zealot:
If a fan chooses to have a high emotional attachment to the results the team produces, then they are setting themselves up for disappointment when things don't go well. They are not being betrayed by the team.

Share 49ersWebzone