There are 211 users in the forums

Why Don't You Do Smoething About It?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Ike49:
Originally posted by boast:
i heard dumpyork.com is available again. lololol

You laugh, but in all seriousness, what we need is to create something that has lasting power. Do you remember the old Coke commercials with mean Joe Green?

What about the John 3:16 signs that used to be in end zones? Things that get talked about in such a way that they become mainstream and have a lasting quality.

Do you think that this cannot happen with public outcry over bad ownership?

how'd the previous dump York movement go?
  • Ike49
i heard dumpyork.com is available again. lololol

You laugh, but in all seriousness, what we need is to create something that has lasting power. Do you remember the old Coke commercials with mean Joe Green?

What about the John 3:16 signs that used to be in end zones? Things that get talked about in such a way that they become mainstream and have a lasting quality.

Do you think that this cannot happen with public outcry over bad ownership?

how'd the previous dump York movement go?

Honestly I don't remember too much about it, but I bet it never made PTI or ESPN.

Example: a movement is formed with the goal of publicly embarrassing York, people create a fund or network to reach very public events, maybe even celebs that are 49er fans and these celebs wear t-shirts or something stating the Yorks failures then it makes highlights and becomes viral.

What about how Snoop Dogg Instagraming how much Scobey sucked (which everyone already knew) but it makes radio shows and ESPN?

You don't think something could be created to torch York in the media enough to make him make changes?

You don't think something could be created to torch York in the media enough to make him make changes?

No, not for the time being. The team is privately owned, their revenue flow is absurd right now, from a business and financial. standpoint there is no justification for them to do a thing differently.

^power move
  • Ike49
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

^power move

Lol
You figure it would have happened in Detroit or Cleveland by now
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

No, not for the time being. The team is privately owned, their revenue flow is absurd right now, from a business and financial. standpoint there is no justification for them to do a thing differently.

Well, there's always crying about it in the Internet. People seem to do a lot of that like it's going to change something.
There's great people here that have proven before to create serious pull that have been able to push the franchise into making some good things happen, why not take that power and create a demand for change?
I know you can't spend your daily lives chasing avenues to make changes that should clearly be taken by the ownership, but I bet if a movement was created here that there's people right here in this forum that could create a grass roots effort to bring serious change.
I think at the very least, maybe an interview with Jed York could be arranged after a certain amount public outcry, where he would be forced to answer for his terrible decisions.

Certainly a call amongst 49er Faithful season ticket holders could be formed to boycott and not renew their tickets.

Something has to be done before we watch an entire decade go by and see ourselves in the same terrible place.

Is there any desire from members here to force change?

I've got more important things to worry about, but you marshal the troops and knock yourself out, I'm sure you'll be wildly successful.
  • Ike49
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Well, there's always crying about it in the Internet. People seem to do a lot of that like it's going to change something.

Aren't you one of the guys that has a group of tailgaters where you have (or continue to sorry I'm not familiar with all of it) honor the memory of a fan that recently passed?

Through some work of people on this site this fan got to meet the team I believe. Didn't that start here in this forum?
You think the other 31 NFL owners might at least like York now for ensuring one less successful NFL team in the league?

• boast
  • Hella Fame
you should put forth this effort to bring upon some other more valuable social change. football is just entertainment...distraction. meanwhile, our leadership is bombing hospitals and passing secret treaties like the TPP that are far more important to our day to day lives.
I was just thinking of posting something like this earlier today. I love this team far too much and have spent far too much money over the years supporting them to idly sit by as ownership spits in the face of its fans through escalated prices and actively dismantling a championship caliber team. Happy to help spearhead this and attract media attention in any way possible. If loud and strong enough, that kind of negative publicity will have to make some sort of impact.
Honestly another dumpyork.com style movement may at least get more media attention this time around. Last time social media wasn't as mainstream as it is now.

Either way it won't make a difference. The old dump York t shirts were funny though. That and the old 49ers Haters society.....ahhh feels like 2006.....
There's great people here that have proven before to create serious pull that have been able to push the franchise into making some good things happen, why not take that power and create a demand for change?
I know you can't spend your daily lives chasing avenues to make changes that should clearly be taken by the ownership, but I bet if a movement was created here that there's people right here in this forum that could create a grass roots effort to bring serious change.
I think at the very least, maybe an interview with Jed York could be arranged after a certain amount public outcry, where he would be forced to answer for his terrible decisions.

Certainly a call amongst 49er Faithful season ticket holders could be formed to boycott and not renew their tickets.

Something has to be done before we watch an entire decade go by and see ourselves in the same terrible place.

Is there any desire from members here to force change?

If all the fans did not renew their tickets they would be walking away from over half a billion dollars in SBL's. You think the fans should just light that money on fire to send a message?
Could start a f**k Jed York chant.

That would keep the network from being able to air the game.

Hit em where it would actually hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone