There are 710 users in the forums
How do you fix this?
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:35 PM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,178
Bench Kaep for at least 2 games. He needs a time out to gather himself. He's not responding well to the horrid game last week. I know Gabbert may not reverse course for the team. But Kaep really should sit for a few game for the sake of the team and his career.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:37 PM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
it all begins with the OL
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:38 PM
- JohnMatrix
- Veteran
- Posts: 844
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Clean house..that's the only way
We have a lot of good players. The problem is O-line and the QB.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:38 PM
- smithgdwg
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,473
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
There's no one simple fix people. Get real!
There is a simple one, but unfortunately it won't happen.
Yorks sell the team.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:38 PM
- jersey49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,669
Originally posted by TheXFactor:it all begins with the OL
EXACTLY...!!! Why does no1 understand this...???
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM ]
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:39 PM
- NikeSBHead
- Member
- Posts: 4,538
Originally posted by qnnhan7:Bench Kaep for at least 2 games. He needs a time out to gather himself. He's not responding well to the horrid game last week. I know Gabbert may not reverse course for the team. But Kaep really should sit for a few game for the sake of the team and his career.
This, Kap needs a break to gather himself because he was looking OK the first few weeks but now you could tell he has zero confidence in his line
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
it all begins with the OL
EXACTLY
time to give Easton and Thomas some playing time
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:40 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Bench Kaep for at least 2 games. He needs a time out to gather himself. He's not responding well to the horrid game last week. I know Gabbert may not reverse course for the team. But Kaep really should sit for a few game for the sake of the team and his career.
You only change QBs if you plan on it being permanent. It's not like skipping a pitchers start to give him some rest. Either you believe in him, or you don't.
Knowing the offensive line is a big part of the problem, I would make changes there first. Martin, Devey, Pears.... OUT.
If that doesn't work, then bench him. I think it should be the last resort. I don't want a 2010 Singletary-Alex-Troy Smith love triangle going on.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:41 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
time to give Easton and Thomas some playing time
Brown too.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:41 PM
- Stud
- Member
- Posts: 5,264
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Clean house..that's the only way
This. We seem to have the worst of everything this year
1) Worst coaches
2) Worst QB
3) Worse O-line
4) Run game because of the O-line
5) Worst secondary
It's bad.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM
- NIMV4683
- Veteran
- Posts: 674
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:I like the idea. Holmgren should bring people from his coaching tree in order to have the same picture. I like what Eliot Wolf is doing on GB and Bevell can be an option because he has good things on his resume plus it would be a kick on the nuts for Seattle then hire Bill Lazor as OC and Jim Schwartz as DC
Originally posted by midrdan:
This season is done. Get as much tape on as many young players that you can.
1. Trade as many vets before the deadline that you can. Acquire picks for 2016 and 2017.
2. Fire Baalke and Marathe.
3. Hire Holmgren as your President of Football Operations.
4. Fire entire coaching staff. Holmgren hires the new staff.
5. Draft best QB in draft. Start Gabbert to start next year while rookie learns.
Yes to #3 and #4.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:49 PM
- Griz
- Veteran
- Posts: 58
Get Brees. I heard he might be a free agent??
[ Edited by Griz on Oct 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM ]
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:50 PM
- qnnhan7
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,178
Originally posted by SofaKing:Originally posted by qnnhan7:Bench Kaep for at least 2 games. He needs a time out to gather himself. He's not responding well to the horrid game last week. I know Gabbert may not reverse course for the team. But Kaep really should sit for a few game for the sake of the team and his career.
You only change QBs if you plan on it being permanent. It's not like skipping a pitchers start to give him some rest. Either you believe in him, or you don't.
Knowing the offensive line is a big part of the problem, I would make changes there first. Martin, Devey, Pears.... OUT.
If that doesn't work, then bench him. I think it should be the last resort. I don't want a 2010 Singletary-Alex-Troy Smith love triangle going on.
Respectfully disagree on benching as last resort. When they benched Garcia for a few games, he responded well and was ok the rest of the way. He was pretty bad the first few games he started. The team didn't get much better but Garcia turned his light on after that. I'm hoping the same would be for Kaep because I hate to see Kaep with his talent not being able to overcome this low period.
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:51 PM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:I like the idea. Holmgren should bring people from his coaching tree in order to have the same picture. I like what Eliot Wolf is doing on GB and Bevell can be an option because he has good things on his resume plus it would be a kick on the nuts for Seattle then hire Bill Lazor as OC and Jim Schwartz as DC
Originally posted by midrdan:
This season is done. Get as much tape on as many young players that you can.
1. Trade as many vets before the deadline that you can. Acquire picks for 2016 and 2017.
2. Fire Baalke and Marathe.
3. Hire Holmgren as your President of Football Operations.
4. Fire entire coaching staff. Holmgren hires the new staff.
5. Draft best QB in draft. Start Gabbert to start next year while rookie learns.
Yes to #3 and #4.
yeah..... NO
Oct 4, 2015 at 5:51 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
Originally posted by Griz:
Get breeze. I heard he might be a free agent??
You mean Drew Brees?
If we can get Payton and Brees as a package deal next off-season, I'd be all for it. Have him hold down the position for a few years while grooming a young QB.
I want to see some offense. We're the 49ers, we practically invented it.