LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 158 users in the forums

What words best describe the 49ers fan base and how are we viewed by the NFL community?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think our fanbase has gotten noticeably dumber in the past few years.
Don't have a team, everyone retired
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
49er fans are like:

wait for it..

FOOTBALL FANS

This. Step into any non-specific NFL forum and there are idiots everywhere.

Raiders' fans stand out though.
Ever since the new stadium...... at least for me. Our entire fan base seems thuggish and disrespectful. I went to the opening game against the Bears last year and our entire fan base were just attempting to get in fights with one another for reasons even outside of football. Like "YEAAAH IM FROM WEST P SON" and stupid **** like that. Like it now reminds me of a thuggish highschool stadium of losers if not maybe even a little worse.

Usually at a game it was everyone trying to get everyone cheering and having fun and amazing tailgates. Now its like you walk through the parking lot you better not even come near there tailgate because they are so bad A*** and inside the game its all about who looks the coolest and baddest and if you talk or cheer incorrectly your gonna be in "trouble"
Young. They live through the team vicariously, and haven't experienced much of the great of the Niner history.

I would encourage the Aussies to research the team starting in the 70's, the emergamce of Bill Walsh, and the legacy of the team of the 80's. The 94 Superbowl run, the Steve Mariucchi era, and the Dark Ages are just as relevant. That will help you understand most recent regin of Jim Harbaugh and the current state of Niner fandom.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Young. They live through the team vicariously, and haven't experienced much of the great of the Niner history.

I would encourage the Aussies to research the team starting in the 70's, the emergamce of Bill Walsh, and the legacy of the team of the 80's. The 94 Superbowl run, the Steve Mariucchi era, and the Dark Ages are just as relevant. That will help you understand most recent regin of Jim Harbaugh and the current state of Niner fandom.

Thanks mate, ive been doing exactly that, ive actually spent a few weeks at night researching the 9ers history, also the history of all the NFL clubs, the rivalries, where each teams supporter base is spread over the states, how much each franchise is worth, all that sort of stuff, im starting to get a better picture of how things stand in the nfl,

cheers
Disgruntled
Petty
Sulky
Petulant
Immature
But brilliant at the same time
Generally called "whiners", but we don't whine or b***h any more or less than other fans. Wine and cheese eaters seem to be prevalent in the new stadium crowd. Didn't show much for life as fans last year. The "stick" had more character but it should have considering the age and demographics of those fans. There are Niner fans all over the U.S. but most of those outside California are older and left over from the 80's-90's. Other fans hated Harbaugh because he was a whiner and as over-dramatic as a teenage girl. But he's gone. Other fans hate success in another franchise. We also get that as well.
No as blue collar as fans in Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Buffalo and other more manual labor cities and towns. Green Bay doesn't have a population over 60,000, but the team is owned by the city/fans. Its a unique place for football but nothing else. The fans are intensely loyal but so a 49ers fans. just in their own way.
Classy

Our fanbase has been increasingly regarded as aggressive and "Raider-like", in short. Things feel much different than they did going to games a few years back.
Don't come here talking that smack.
Knee-jerk. If things go well a lot of guys are sky high. If not, some of those same guys are ready to nearly jump ship.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Sep 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Gay

You maybe.

/thread
Share 49ersWebzone