LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 274 users in the forums

Prediction Time!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I predict that there will be a fair amount of suckage from the 9ers in the early part of the year and hoards of Webzoners will call for the lynching of just about every coach and player. Baalke and Jed will regularly be burned in effigy.

What will be crucial to me is how the team handles that adversity early in the year. Will Tomsula be able to keep the team from imploding and lead them into a significantly better showing in the last half of the year? Will Kap be able to keep his composure?

I hope my prediction that the 9ers will struggle mightily early in the year is wrong and I can see the potential with the players and the coaches to avoid it.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I predict that there will be a fair amount of suckage from the 9ers in the early part of the year and hoards of Webzoners will call for the lynching of just about every coach and player. Baalke and Jed will regularly be burned in effigy.

What will be crucial to me is how the team handles that adversity early in the year. Will Tomsula be able to keep the team from imploding and lead them into a significantly better showing in the last half of the year? Will Kap be able to keep his composure?

I hope my prediction that the 9ers will struggle mightily early in the year is wrong and I can see the potential with the players and the coaches to avoid it.

Being new here, I can see some positives from the way Tomsula handles himself, his players and his approach to football. I hope for the best.
I came here because of Jarryd. But I want Jarryd to stay at the 9ers and nowhere else!

My very newbie prediction is that the O line will cause some problems for us early on and the D will keep us in the game.
Hayne will not be used straight away, but given a gradual build up through the special teams. RB later in the season or in games where the outcome is decided.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
5-11
Originally posted by Aussieninerfan:
Originally posted by 49erphan:

Being new here, I can see some positives from the way Tomsula handles himself, his players and his approach to football. I hope for the best.
I came here because of Jarryd. But I want Jarryd to stay at the 9ers and nowhere else!

My very newbie prediction is that the O line will cause some problems for us early on and the D will keep us in the game.
Hayne will not be used straight away, but given a gradual build up through the special teams. RB later in the season or in games where the outcome is decided.

I predict that I will go from holding my breath on 9er kick returns - as I have the last few years - to excited anticipation of seeing what Hayne will do (he has the surest catching hands that I can recall seeing any 9er kick returner have in a very long time). That's a safe prediction because it was true of how I felt after watching Hayne return kicks in the preseason.
I think 10-6 plus or minus a couple of games barring major injuries. I'd say more but our schedule is tough. We will be a team no one wants to play and will probably get better as the year progresses.

Come play off time anything is possible. I think we have a lot of talented kids on the roster. We're lacking in a couple of key areas but they are areas that can be schemed around and the cupboard is hardly bare - just lacking in experience.

A lot of the same stuff we're hearing was said during the 2011 off season and we won 13 games.
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I think 10-6 plus or minus a couple of games barring major injuries. I'd say more but our schedule is tough. We will be a team no one wants to play and will probably get better as the year progresses.

Come play off time anything is possible. I think we have a lot of talented kids on the roster. We're lacking in a couple of key areas but they are areas that can be schemed around and the cupboard is hardly bare - just lacking in experience.

A lot of the same stuff we're hearing was said during the 2011 off season and we won 13 games.

The biggest difference between optimism now vs 2011 is Kap has been there before.

That also includes the six other 49er players who were on that team.

I love bagging on Harbaugh a lot but what was most impressive about him is installing a winning culture in a team used to losing.

Hopefully that aspect Tomsula does not have to deal with. He could probably deal with it and be successful and only question is do we still have talent to do well.

Very interesting.
Originally posted by Mike8016:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
The season is finally upon us fellow 49er fans.

To say that we have endured a pretty tumultuous offseason would be an understatement, but the Vikings are all that matters now.

IF our O-Line can give Kaepernick just a little time, I think that he will solidify himself as a top 10 QB.

I think that Hyde will rush for more yards than Gore.

Even with all of the losses on Defense (Willis,Cully,Cox,J.Smith,A.Smith,Borland) we will still have a top 10 defense.

Lynch will have around 15 sacks.

We go 10-6 and make the playoffs.

That is just a few to start the thread off.

This has to be one of the single most humerus threads I have read in the past 5-7 years. Thank you sir for supplying good laughter to my day.

I agree way too many homers.

Other than the 15 sacks the rest seem legit and very possible.
Originally posted by diedeadenough:
11-5 Why ?

Special teams is going to be better this year you can see it night and day from last season. I think we have a whole gang of returners who should make things interesting. Pinion has been up and down but I have faith he shakes it off and gets it together. Remember were not gonna see many kick returns this year with this guy . I believe Dawson should still be relatively good. As a whole I really like our special teams.

Defense. Our defense still looks really good. The defensive line looks promising and its getting a much needed shot of young blood. Armstead has been torn down a lot around here from the get go and he's looking to be something special. Our linebackers on paper look worse but Navarro is back and he's got the looks of being the best backer in the NFL I think this unit doesn't get picked on as much as people think. The secondary as a whole impresses me . The young guys have stepped up and they look like the real deal . Safeties ? Were deep and top heavy . Look around the NFL and see if you find a better safety group than ours its not that easy. I love this Tartt dude as well...looking back Baalke may have slam dunked this past draft.

Offense. This is the big question mark for everyone almost universally. I like the speed upgrades in Bush and Smith. I really like our RB group we are deep and talented. The offensive line is the only group as a whole that has me worried . I think coaching is gonna have to adjust to the line being shaky at the beginning of the season. We have excellent recievers who are all different not all the same like last season . Need a burner on the outside ? Torrey step on up ...Need a sure handed tough catch in traffic ? Boldin heres your shot. This group is good.

Coaching. I know people are skeptical of Tomsula but I get good vibes from him. He always has Sporano close by him on the sidelines so I hope he leans on this experienced staff as much as he needs. Top to bottom I believe we have a tremendous coaching staff. The only head scratcher to me was Geep from qb coach to O coordinator. I wasn't happy with that but im willing to give it a chance.

All in all I think this is a good football team that is running way under the radar. Were gonna surprise some teams .

Great post. Way better than the 5-11 predictions with nothing backing up that rationale.
6-10 followed by a January House Cleaning and philosophical change to a forward pass minded HC/FO.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as that would suck, I could certainly see it happening. Kap looked completely lost when he was not running in the third preseason game, The controversy would have more to do with Kap than Gabbert.

With no ability to audible and change plays at the line, with the most vanilla of playcalling, I think its more than understandable. People need to stop freaking out over the preseason.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
6-10 followed by a January House Cleaning and philosophical change to a forward pass minded HC/FO.

Unless Baalke is sent packing JT and his staff gets a pass no matter what our record ends up as.
Originally posted by fister30:

Unless Baalke is sent packing JT and his staff gets a pass no matter what our record ends up as.

Really? You think if he goes 0-16 he will still have a job?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You two wish! Not gonna happen. Baalke already is one of the most respected GMs in the game, we have the best salary cap guru in the biz and this team still has a ton of talent despite the offseason losses.

As to coaching, still have to see it on the field. But most coaches get 3-4 years to prove something.

0-16? Yeah...OK.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

You two wish! Not gonna happen. Baalke already is one of the most respected GMs in the game, we have the best salary cap guru in the biz and this team still has a ton of talent despite the offseason losses.

As to coaching, still have to see it on the field. But most coaches get 3-4 years to prove something.

0-16? Yeah...OK.

Why would I wish Balke out?
If Kap is competent in the short to medium passing game , then 10 wins , and possibly a playoff berth. If he can't , then five wins.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Sep 5, 2015 at 7:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone