There are 172 users in the forums

What is Management's take on this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mr.susweel.. boy I've read ALOT, ALOT of your comments.. I know how popular you are..I don't want a down year.I was responding to the earliest post..IF the team is had a down year what do at do..we look for improvement.. 1988 super bowl team was 6-5 after 11 games..things happen..teams gel..lightning gets caught in a bottle..but no I have no idea what to expect this year..I do see ALOT of bright spots on defense.. Bow coming back,Tart looks like he could really be special..the corners are young and from training camp reports and dvr the games..I'm optimistic
Mr.susweel.. boy I've read ALOT, ALOT of your comments.. I know how popular you are..I don't want a down year.I was responding to the earliest post..IF the team is had a down year what do at do..we look for improvement.. 1988 super bowl team was 6-5 after 11 games..things happen..teams gel..lightning gets caught in a bottle..but no I have no idea what to expect this year..I do see ALOT of bright spots on defense.. Bow coming back,Tart looks like he could really be special..the corners are young and from training camp reports and dvr the games..I'm optimistic
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phillypepper:

Sorry if I came off rude to you that was not my intention. But all off season we have been reading on these forums that the team will be better without Harbaugh and ridiculous comments by some posters even calling him Sing 2.0. All off season posters have called out people who have been stating this team is not very good and it will be a tough year. For me this team has to at least make the playoffs or management looks like complete tools and house cleaning is in order.

All I know there is gonna be a lot of crow eating around here I hope some of y'all can accept it.
No offense taking brother..I'll admit it.I hated see Harbs go.I really did..now everybody said he ran players into the ground..maybe.but all I hear is how hard the Seahawks practice and the games are easy..so if that's the case maybe Seattle might just start breaking down..As I said earlier did Harbs talk to Michigan first or did Trent try the Cleveland thing...as far as house cleaning I think they give Tomsula 2 years..History tells us Jed doesn't have a problem firing people...Nolan,sing,and the mutual parting with Harbs
Sing 2.0 ridiculous.. Harbs was flawed but his teams won on the east coast,won in green bay in January..its kinda going over what's already been done..but he did bring this franchise back from the dead..I'm sorry if that doesn't make the long time posters happy..I'm not here to get attacked,,just stating MY point of view..
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by susweel:
Lol wtf is this " I don't mind a down year " bs. No f**k that s**t they fired a good coach because he didn't win the Super bowl and the offense was bad. It's super bowl or bust and a good offense or jed/trent are gonna look like bigger clowns than they already do.
Sing 2.0 was fired for his ineptness and failure to adapt..and he was a product surrounded by great players and coaches better then he was
So all his previous success at Stanford and San Diego State, not to mention three NFC Championship games and a Superbowl had nothing to do with his abilities? That he attracted one of the very best coaching staffs had nothing to do with his ability? That he took a roster that hadn't made it to the playoffs and in one year took it to the NFC championship game was a fluke?

Comparing Harbaugh to Singletary is ludicrous. What is this shared neurosis on these boards that needs to create a delusional picture of Jim Harbaugh as an inept head coach? Three NFC Championship games in a row and a superbowl? One of the best records of a first time head coach ever? All luck and the result of a superior coaching staff which hide his ineptness? Wow! It's amazing how easy it is to self hypnotize oneself to believe something that allows one to have an illusory sense of optimism. It's what humans do to cope when things are not well with something they are deeply attached to and identified with.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by captveg:
Management's perspective is to win while seeing improvement in approach and adjustments by the new coaching staff.

Obviously elements out of the control of the coaches (losing talent because of retirements or off field issues) won't be held against them.

I thought it was super bowl or bust?

Nope.

The goal every year is to win the Super Bowl.

That does not translate to "Super Bowl or Bust"

The latter part of the phrase indicates an unwillingness to evaluate positives/negatives that occur in context of other factors, something that absolutely WILL factor in any season the SB is not won.

"Super Bowl or Bust" is also something that York, Baalke or Tomsula have never said.
[ Edited by captveg on Aug 31, 2015 at 1:15 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The stadium is built, the tickets are sold money in the bank, f**k b***hes (jed yeah right lol). Dgaf about the roster, win lose who currs.

Summed it up right there.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
John Fox went to the Super Bowl with 3 different teams as an assistant or HC. He won as many games overall and more regular season games in the same timespan Harbaugh was the 49ers HC, including 4 CONSECUTIVE division championships, something not even SF accomplished. Like the 49ers, Denver came up short and he was fired (and there was a whisper campaign there too).

Funny how there no was no public backlash of what John Elway did, nor the exacerbating level of butthurt with Broncos fans. And don't try to sell me that Gary friggin' Kubiak is a better coach than John Fox.

Originally posted by FL9er:
John Fox went to the Super Bowl with 3 different teams as an assistant or HC. He won as many games overall and more regular season games in the same timespan Harbaugh was the 49ers HC, including 4 CONSECUTIVE division championships, something not even SF accomplished. Like the 49ers, Denver came up short and he was fired (and there was a whisper campaign there too).

Funny how there no was no public backlash of what John Elway did, nor the exacerbating level of butthurt with Broncos fans. And don't try to sell me that Gary friggin' Kubiak is a better coach than John Fox.

The reason the backlash was so much less, is because the Bronco front office has credibility with their fan base. It is hard to tell if our front office stumbled into wins or if they actually have a workable plan.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by captnkos:
Originally posted by FL9er:

The reason the backlash was so much less, is because the Bronco front office has credibility with their fan base. It is hard to tell if our front office stumbled into wins or if they actually have a workable plan.

Plus they landed one of the best QBs of all time that helped their turn around.
Lol wtf is this " I don't mind a down year " bs. No f**k that s**t they fired a good coach because he didn't win the Super bowl and the offense was bad. It's super bowl or bust and a good offense or jed/trent are gonna look like bigger clowns than they already do.

I just don't think its practical to buy into Super Bowl or Bust. Jed may have said that, but I think most people know that its not an NFL reality unless you have a super star talent like Tom Brady . . . . who doesn't even win every year. I know this may not be popular, but I would take 5 NFC Champoinship games in 10 years with a chance to go the the SB over 1 SB in ten years and not making the playoffs the rest of the time. . . . . at least I think so . . . .

He knew to go to a place where the offensive coaching staff had a clue.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

He knew to go to a place where the offensive coaching staff had a clue.

Well at least all those guys are gone now.
Share 49ersWebzone