Alert Follow us at @49erswz until Twitter fixes the issues with our official account.

There are 79 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at HOUSTON TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD 2015-Preseason Week 1

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Nice play to free up Tartt.
Outside zone left
The RG has the following read. Combo block the NT, then move to second level (blue).
#48 will attack the C (yellow). The NT will loop around and engage the LG (red).

#48 hits the C. The RG still tries to combo block the NT, but can't reach him because he's looping around #48.

The LG is watching the action directly in front of him and doesn't see Tartt coming in late from his safety spot.-4 yards.

Tartt's gonna be a good one.
  • thl408
group hug

65 yard throw.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Tartt's gonna be a good one.

He has to be on the field this year. I don't know in what capacity, but they need to find a role for this guy. His closing speed, tackling ability, and instincts really pop out.
Originally posted by thl408:
group hug

LOL

I've seen this play so many times and I've never noticed that
group hug

LOL

lol that ZBS pwnage.

Also that was about a 57 yard bomb from Kap to Torrey. 65 yards if you take into account yards behind the LOS.

There's going to be some big plays down the field this year.
  • thl408
Curl-flat to the right (zone buster). Rub over the middle (man buster).
vs cover1 blitz

Yellow's route will run closely, and directly underneath black's route to set up the pick/rub on blue.

Partial pick. If black just gets into the vision of #55, it's rub action.

Touchdown!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Could have been a 55 yard net punt if the tackle was made. I like Pinion, this kid has a big leg and gets hang-time on his punts. Should be very useful flipping field position all season long. We're gonna have guys like McCray and Tartt zooming down field, blowing people up. Should be fun.

Much of the confusion in the defensive backfield comes from the players having to learn so many different schemes but it will pay off down the road. By the start of the season they may be very solid and deep.

There seems to be a change in emphasis, I hope, to home grown DBs the past few years instead of beinging in FAs. Reid, Ward, McCray, Tartt, Reaser, Acker, Johnson...solid guys with a lot of spead and very affordable down the road. I like this very much!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 18, 2015 at 7:26 AM ]

Touchdown!

nice job by #14, getting away with a little accidental 'bump' block Good sell to the refs
Originally posted by SofaKing:
group hug

LOL

lol that ZBS pwnage.

Also that was about a 57 yard bomb from Kap to Torrey. 65 yards if you take into account yards behind the LOS.

There's going to be some big plays down the field this year.

Saw this and thought...

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Touchdown!

nice job by #14, getting away with a little accidental 'bump' block Good sell to the refs

Did not see that until you mentioned it. That was a slick move by #14
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Touchdown!

Backup block...LOL! Nice!
Perfect example of the OL providing time for the play to develop.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Touchdown!

Backup block...LOL! Nice!

Shallow cross at its finest. Doesn't get much more WCO than this. Short crosser, forcing the defense to make a tackle. Great red zone play.

I've added this as an example of a shallow cross in the all22 concept thread. This play matches up nicely to a play right out of the 1994 niner playbook.
group hug

65 yard throw.

And with the hang time of a Pinion punt! No longer "on a rope."
Share 49erswebzone