There are 276 users in the forums

Which 49er gets traded next

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er gets traded next

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Whoever makes a lot of money is going to be traded, not re-signed, or cut. This is the York way of running the team.

Less expensive players = more cash for the York's

I bet the York's were all high five's and smiles when they heard all of these players were going to retire!

How do you have 5,000 posts while posting blatantly ignorant stuff like this. Are all your posts equally this stupid?

This isn't baseball where a team can just have a fire sale and call it a day, in the NFL you have a salary floor, if you don't spend at least 89% of the total salary cap space over a period of years, money you didn't spend simply gets taken from you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Whoever makes a lot of money is going to be traded, not re-signed, or cut. This is the York way of running the team.

Less expensive players = more cash for the York's

I bet the York's were all high five's and smiles when they heard all of these players were going to retire!

how do you explain the salary given to smith? oh why do i even bother.
Originally posted by 9erred:
I think the Niners are now in full rebuild mode. I think any player they do not plan on having on the roster in 2016 is now on the block. Who will be next???

Overreact much?

You dont sign a WR entering his prime for 8 mil a year if youre in "rebuild mode". This team is still WAY too talented to counted out. We still have Bowman, Aldon, Lynch, Dockett, Bethea, Reid, Brock, Dorsey, Williams, etc. on D. The OL could be in question, but we have a QB, we have a pro bowl LT, we have Smith and Boldin at WR, Vernon Davis, Hyde/Bush/Hunter at RB, etc.

Even with the players we lost, we still have more talent than most NFL teams.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Overreact much?

You dont sign a WR entering his prime for 8 mil a year if youre in "rebuild mode". This team is still WAY too talented to counted out. We still have Bowman, Aldon, Lynch, Dockett, Bethea, Reid, Brock, Dorsey, Williams, etc. on D. The OL could be in question, but we have a QB, we have a pro bowl LT, we have Smith and Boldin at WR, Vernon Davis, Hyde/Bush/Hunter at RB, etc.

Even with the players we lost, we still have more talent than most NFL teams.

Can you point me to the place you got that information. I'd like to go read it before I give an opinion. while your doing that, I'll go see the replacement player's PFF grade last year to see if that is so.
If the media reports are correct, you need to add Kap to this list!
Obviously we can't keep everyone so someone will be either let go or hopefully traded.

I'd ALWAYS rather get something for a guy than nothing.

Drafting Eli had to have sent a strong message to Lemoniere so he's probably a candidate unless he proves his worth.

Brooks name comes up often as it should. He makes the most money, is older than the other guys, and played flat last year.

Add to the mix - there is almost always surprise cuts of very good players from other teams for various reasons.

It will be interesting.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Reports or speculation ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Reports or speculation ?

Fiction.

shame on anyone entertaining predicting a trade a full season away. this is ridiculous.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

shame on anyone entertaining predicting a trade a full season away. this is ridiculous.

Not only that. It's a dude looking at our team from the outside and thinking to himself. "Hmm, if they have to rebuild they should trade kap away so they can get some high picks and make the rebuild faster." he doesn't factor in the fact that you can go a decade without ever getting a decent qb, the most important part of a rebuild. So the whole thing makes no sense. And it has nothing to do with the niners shopping kap, just someone saying it would make sense in his point of view.

Reports or speculation ?

The articles I've seen, all form the east coast media, seem to be wishing he gets traded to the Jets, or the Eagles! not going to happen!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jun 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Reports or speculation ?

The articles I've seen, all form the east coast media, seem to be wishing he gets traded to the Jets, or the Eagles! not going to happen!

people wish it could happen, they drum up alot of speculations, stick it in a column, blog, or what ever,, and then some treat is as gospel( including some "fans" here who never liked ck in the first place) and run with it, a perfect example of creating and generating drama where non exists,,
then you deal with the people who treat is as the truth cuz they will roll out the ever predictable "where there is smoke there is fire" dribble
and the next thing you know we are having to run around putting out fires from some article filled with screwball speculations when we should be focusing in on our team and the future.
the battle goes on
Originally posted by cciowa:

Reports or speculation ?

people wish it could happen, they drum up alot of speculations, stick it in a column, blog, or what ever,, and then some treat is as gospel( including some "fans" here who never liked ck in the first place) and run with it, a perfect example of creating and generating drama where non exists,,
then you deal with the people who treat is as the truth cuz they will roll out the ever predictable "where there is smoke there is fire" dribble
and the next thing you know we are having to run around putting out fires from some article filled with screwball speculations when we should be focusing in on our team and the future.
the battle goes on

I will say this about BS rumors, like this one. The east coast media, and blogger types were right about Harbaugh. I hope they are wrong about CK.
Brooks, if he is cleared
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Brooks, if he is cleared

Money is no longer an issue and Brooks is only making what, $4.3M and he's been a terrific playmaker for us. Plus he's come into camp in his best shape yet and had a very nice camp thus far. No need to cut or trade him as we currently have $10M. Now, if Lemonier shines and he's bulked up a lot and can play the SAM (bigger-bodied edge-setter), then discussions may occur. But I doubt it. Lynch has two pulled hammy's right now and Brooks is your base-down starter anyhow. Now, if Mangini wants to use a NASCAR package more, he might prefer the nimble pass rushers more in Aldon, Harold, Lemonier on the edges vs. the Lynch's and Brook's of the world.

Of all these, Lemonier is probably the best candidate for a 7th rounder-trade.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 22, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone