LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 167 users in the forums

What Is Going On?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What Is Going On?

Some Seahawks' fan used all 3 of his wishes on the 49ers' offseason. He could've had super powers or a trillion dollars, but he wasn't interested.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jun 5, 2015 at 3:22 PM ]
The sky is falling!!!!!! This is just comical now
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Louis Riddick ‏@LRiddickESPN 9m9 minutes ago

Despite all the change for #49ers, I can tell u that in the building, they are much more optimistic. Maybe THE most fascinating team for'15.

RETWEETS17FAVORITES18
3:09 PM - 5 Jun 2015 · Details

lol agreed. If nothing else, we are fascinating. So much change in the building, its crazy.

I believe in a lot of the talent left on the roster tho. If we put together a winning season, we'll be a Cinderella story like the 2011 team.
arrest, dumb tweet, retirement, arrest, dumb tweet, retirement. we are in a loop
it's a combination of things..

3 deep playoff runs ending with devastating losses has to take a lot out of a player. Throw in the injuries. And I think firing Harbaugh, and maybe more so the way it was handled, was the final factor for some of them.
drafting smart players is biting us in the ass
Originally posted by RonMexico:
drafting smart players is biting us in the ass

lol, also this
Coffee, Borland, Anthony Davis, the niners need to find out players commitment to football b4 drafting. This goes on the FO for drafting these players and the coaches for not keeping players motivated to play.

3 players that retired before the age of 26?????
If all these reports of the team really looking good and having renewed enthusiasm somehow results in the team making the playoffs it will be a truly great story and huge surprise to everyone, since this offseason is being talked about as one of the worst ever and the team expected to finish last in the division. I hope to God that happens.
Guys, maybe you can help me out but I have another, slightly crazy theory why it happens to our team specifically:

I am not sure and maybe some of you know more about this, but isn´t the Stanford School of Medicine both working together with the 49ers medical staff (I am pretty sure they have some 49ers cooperation and work together) and also one of the leading researchers in medical concussion research?

I guess that is a bit far fetched, but what If our players are simply deeper in the loop in regards to cutting-edge concussion research because of the Stanford medical ties our medical staff has and thus are either more scared or better informed about current results from concussion research?

Maybe it hits our team more often because our medical staff is having a different opinion on concussion and concussion risk than the other NFL medical staffs, because of the Stanford connection and the other teams do not have the same information yet?

Or maybe our players are simply more aware and afraid of it because they get to see research much more thoroughly and earlier than other NFL players? I guess having some Stanford guys talking with you team doctors and maybe doing some research might be something that makes you think about it as a player, I don´t know.

I guess I might be grasping for straws here but this is something I had thought about more since Chris Borland retired and at least it would kinda make our offseason look a little more logical

I hope we get the first overall pick and trade it away for a lot of draft picks to rebuild. But all this is due to playing in a lot of tough games against tough teams. The 9ers have had tough schedules for the past 5 years and it is eating up players bodies. Big physical teams like Seattle, Rams, and Cardinals twice a year sure did not help.
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
It's just random. Everyone needs to quit freaking out.

This x1 Million.

Is Pittsburgh gonna be investigated too, because of Worlids retiring?

It's an NFL thing, not a 49er specific thing.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think they've been overworked by the previous coaching staff. There's working hard, and working smart. Walsh understood how to balance these two, so his teams were healthy. It's no coincidence to me that the team has been exponentially more injury prone in recent years.

Bingo...

Very well said!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Maybe we just drafted a bunch of Pu**ies! Go back home to your basket weaving...wait, you might stick yourself with the needle so maybe not!
5 guys retired in less than a year so must be a coincidence right? I dont think that's ever happened to a team in 1 year... well technically about 6-7 months. Lattimore, Willis, Borland, Smith, Davis.... Like I said in another post I wouldnt be surprised if we start seeing an epidemic of guys retiring early on after getting paid and being set for life. Sign that rookie contract play a few years make a few million; if you know how to live within reason that's enough for the rest of your life. Hell I could live off probably 100-150k.
Share 49ersWebzone