LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

All22 Analysis - Coverages & Concepts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Thanks 816! Cool to see the variation in order of progression of the Spot concept. Some have it snag then flat. Some have it reversed.

No problem.....I love on our '94 version of spot, it had flat-corner-spot/snag. Im assuming that since Steve was a lefty it was all in front of him so it became almost like a field scan. Not gonna lie, I love scouring though the playbooks on line and looking for cool stuff.

Spot concept from 1993.....also a Sanjay Beach sighting
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM ]

1993 slant-flat concept
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM ]

1993 "throw it to the greatest WR ever" concept.

Seriously though, it's kinda had to see ever concept on a TV broadcast. The play appears to be some sort of HB spread/cross/arrow play. Rice is the post/fly pattern on the play. It should be noted that Jerry hadn't had a catch yet at this point (first play 2nd quarter). I'm sure he let them know he wanted to play
Steve's numbers after play

I believe this play is a variation of this play. Sub a post pattern in the Z for the fade.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM ]

1989 Omaha....square out play/concept
1990 - "Z-In"

Here is a nice TV replay, you see how the TE route works. This play was an absolute WCO staple. Notice the triangle formed between Jerry, Brent and Roger.

I should mention that there is a great article on this specific play posted in post #129 in this thread.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 6, 2015 at 8:32 PM ]

1990 - Smash/Cross In

The play is flipped in game. Appears to be half field reads, Joe went with the Cross in portion of the play.
Body slams are now illegal! Scarey play!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Body slams are now illegal! Scarey play!

Yeah....they flagged D.Green then to Can't be f**king with the GOAT like that. Good way to separate a shoulder or crack a clavicle.

1994 - "Double Go"

The play is flipped in the Gif. In the gif you can Floyd breakout towards the flat and you can see Brent check it up over the middle. This was a shot play and in the context of this particular game was huge and was the impetus of knocking off Dallas and stopping the 3 game losing streak to them.

^ that 94 game was pure tension and stress. When Rice took that to the house I could finally breath...well slightly breath

1995 - "sticks"
The play is technically a sticks concepts on the concept side. However the big play to Jerry is on a quick(denoted by "Q" on the play art) away from the conceptside. Game Formation is twin TE with HB motion...play art is not but depicts what's going on in the gif.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 10, 2015 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:

1995 - "sticks"
The play is technically a sticks concepts on the concept side. However the big play to Jerry is on a quick(denoted by "Q" on the play art) away from the conceptside. Game Formation is twin TE with HB motion...play art is not but depicts what's going on in the gif.

I remember that game like it was yesterday. So joyous. Just slapped them in the face. No Young, 17-0 to start and 31-7 at the half.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Aug 10, 2015 at 11:58 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I remember that game like it was yesterday. So joyous. Just slapped them in the face. No Young, 17-0 to start and 31-7 at the half.

My favorite thing about the game was after when Eddie said "Im just glad they didn't run the score up on too much". I just remember the week leading up it was just a given they were gonna beat the s**t out of us.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 11, 2015 at 12:05 AM ]
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 11, 2015 at 12:23 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone