Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 715 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Does Kap get traded today? Yes or no.

seems like some teams want him and were listening

i think it happens if they agree on price if kap doesnt get tradedthats pretty bad for kap shows where his market is

i think it eventually gets done for a 3rd+ another pick
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I heard Kap is going to Cleveland - Per Charlie Casserly



It is awesome!!

Trade #1's?

If all SF gets out of trading Kap is moving up 5 spots in the 1st round that's a terrible trade for SF, IMO.

Not if Kelly/Baalke have a plan to pick their future QB and font think he will be there at 7.then you are are trading for your future.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Trade Kaep. Sign RG3 and draft 2 offensive linemen... Champion



I actually like this idea if we trade Kap. Nothing wrong with RGIII, Shanny just threw him under the bus.

I think there's a lot we don't know about RGIII. Seems his teammates really don't like him.
New team. New beginning. Everyone likes a winner or at least respects them.
If we trade him, I'm hoping he goes to Cleveland. We could pretty much draft whatever QB prospect we want at that point, right?
Originally posted by Escobar:
Kap + our very early 2nd for Wilkerson

who says no?



I'd do that in a heartbeat if you made it a 3rd instead.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If we trade him, I'm hoping he goes to Cleveland. We could pretty much draft whatever QB prospect we want at that point, right?

Unless, they draft a Qb anyways, like they've been saying.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 10, 2016 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by mojave45:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I heard Kap is going to Cleveland - Per Charlie Casserly



It is awesome!!

Trade #1's?

If all SF gets out of trading Kap is moving up 5 spots in the 1st round that's a terrible trade for SF, IMO.

Not if Kelly/Baalke have a plan to pick their future QB and font think he will be there at 7.then you are are trading for your future.

Agreed. Plus, according to the Draft Value Chart, in order to move from 7 (1,500 points) to 2 (2,600 points), we would have to give up our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and next year's 1st (or 2nd at the worst). No thank you! Trading Kap and 7 to #2 and keeping all of the other picks mentioned above is well worth it if they are looking for a guy that they don't think will be there at 7
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Kap + our very early 2nd for Wilkerson

who says no?



I'd do that in a heartbeat if you made it a 3rd instead.

I'd be content with that trade.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Kap + our very early 2nd for Wilkerson

who says no?



I'd do that in a heartbeat if you made it a 3rd instead.

I don't think NYJ would though
Originally posted by Escobar:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Kap + our very early 2nd for Wilkerson

who says no?



I'd do that in a heartbeat if you made it a 3rd instead.

I don't think NYJ would though

thats not a fair deal for them. Theya re getting a below average qb with a team friendly deal and a third for one of the best players at his position in the nfl. I wouldnt do that deal if I were them.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
thats not a fair deal for them. Theya re getting a below average qb with a team friendly deal and a third for one of the best players at his position in the nfl. I wouldnt do that deal if I were them.

they would save abour 20M in cap space would give them money to resign fitz
Silver reported Kaepernick is the Broncos' "chief target" and that "the 49ers likely want a second-round pick, [but the] Broncos may be willing to part with a third." Silver added that talks surrounding a trade involving Kaepernick "have intensified," but he noted that the "Broncos are not the only suitor."
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by Escobar:
Kap + our very early 2nd for Wilkerson

who says no?



I'd do that in a heartbeat if you made it a 3rd instead.

I don't think NYJ would though

thats not a fair deal for them. Theya re getting a below average qb with a team friendly deal and a third for one of the best players at his position in the nfl. I wouldnt do that deal if I were them.

They are strapped for cash. Money wise, it would be a great deal for them. They are $7.5 million under the cap at the moment and have no QB
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Silver reported Kaepernick is the Broncos' "chief target" and that "the 49ers likely want a second-round pick, [but the] Broncos may be willing to part with a third." Silver added that talks surrounding a trade involving Kaepernick "have intensified," but he noted that the "Broncos are not the only suitor."
since broncos pick last in the round we have to aim for the 2nd

also remember any pick after 3rd and a pick later than 4th would be much worse than just a 2nd
[ Edited by harryj on Mar 10, 2016 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by harryj:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
thats not a fair deal for them. Theya re getting a below average qb with a team friendly deal and a third for one of the best players at his position in the nfl. I wouldnt do that deal if I were them.

they would save abour 20M in cap space would give them money to resign fitz

how? they take on kap's deal, they'd be saving like 3 million
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone