There are 691 users in the forums
49ers Offensive Line
Sep 29, 2026 at 7:40 AM
- HearstFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,732
This is why assessing pre-season playing time is so tricky -- when Colby took over for an injured Puni in preseason everyone assumed he was out of the LG race. But in reality, Colby had shown enough that the OL coaches got him reps at RG and used the time to develop Willis. I've tried to watch Colby isolated and have been impressed with his awareness on stunts and ability to find work and help bump DL onto OL blocks by others.
Sep 29, 2026 at 8:36 PM
- 49ersRing
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,002
Pass protection ratings pic.twitter.com/l4WuVTlpW7
— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) September 29, 2026
Some big tests coming up the next few weeks, but right now every site that grades the o-line is grading ours as the best pass protection unit in the league.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Sep 29, 2026 at 8:37 PM ]
Sep 29, 2026 at 10:41 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,892
Sep 30, 2026 at 12:04 AM
- irief
- Veteran
- Posts: 682
Oline has really stepped up, but gotta give Purdy some credit for is pocket poise/awareness, evasiveness and good decision making. This is a big boost to Oline performance as well.
Sep 30, 2026 at 12:55 PM
- goodthings19
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,000
Hopefully the performance of Puni will encourage our front office to continue investing 2nd and 3rd round selections on IOL. Lets put up a wall in front of Purdy and allow him to terrorize the league for years
Sep 30, 2026 at 1:32 PM
- 49erFaithful6
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,565
almost as if we wasted 5 years of time in here
wringing hands over the top line,
wringing hands over the top line,
Sep 30, 2026 at 1:37 PM
- dj43
- Moderator
- Posts: 38,429
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Denver is 28th in Pass Protection?
Everyone says they have a good OL.
Sep 30, 2026 at 2:04 PM
- 49erFaithful6
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,565
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Denver is 28th in Pass Protection?![]()
Everyone says they have a good OL.
yeah it's early season maybe that has it skewed. denver does have a good line if you ask me, however, talking to the denver fans, they have a new OC it's not Sean P calling plays and im getting jim hostler vibes, maybe he will figure it out but the whole O stinks right now
Sep 30, 2026 at 4:57 PM
- BP13
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,696
I think this board owes somebody an apology

i'll start. I'm sorry Jake.

i'll start. I'm sorry Jake.
[ Edited by BP13 on Sep 30, 2026 at 4:58 PM ]
Sep 30, 2026 at 5:09 PM
- Giedi
- Veteran
- Posts: 34,559
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Hopefully the performance of Puni will encourage our front office to continue investing 2nd and 3rd round selections on IOL. Lets put up a wall in front of Purdy and allow him to terrorize the league for years
I'm hoping Cruz can become another Mckivitz and be a top flight left tackle in a year or two. If anybody can develop Enrique - it would be Foerster.
Sep 30, 2026 at 6:49 PM
- DRCHOWDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,793
Originally posted by BP13:
I think this board owes somebody an apology
i'll start. I'm sorry Jake.
I'd wait to see how the next two weeks unfold first lol, but I'd give him his due for playing outstanding so far.... if he plays like this the rest of season we are definitely Super Bowl bound.
Sep 30, 2026 at 7:01 PM
- DRCHOWDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,793
The highest-graded NFL offensive lines through 3 weeks, per PFN's OL Impact metric 😤 pic.twitter.com/tsDMc7y8ar
— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) September 30, 2026
We finally at the top of the mountain and no where to be found is nccommand...
Sep 30, 2026 at 7:21 PM
- GoreGoreGore
- 10HourChicken
- Posts: 61,731
Originally posted by BP13:
I think this board owes somebody an apology
i'll start. I'm sorry Jake.
Eh. He's improved his game since the 2nd half of last year (gave him props) but against good DTs he's not that good. There were times last year he got beat up pretty good. Especially at his age now, we need an upgrade going forward.
I doubt we draft a C early, that's just not how Kyle operates. Hopefully some of these guys we've drafted 2/3rd day steps up, if not FA/Trade will be the way.
Sep 30, 2026 at 7:28 PM
- dj43
- Moderator
- Posts: 38,429
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by BP13:
I think this board owes somebody an apology
i'll start. I'm sorry Jake.
I'd wait to see how the next two weeks unfold first lol, but I'd give him his due for playing outstanding so far.... if he plays like this the rest of season we are definitely Super Bowl bound.
He also should get some props for his calls on blocking assignments. It's nice to see what we can see, but the OL would not be as good as it is if it were not for his blocking adjustments.
Sep 30, 2026 at 7:36 PM
- dlance
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,075
Originally posted by ritz126:
When they have an opening they do they spent a top 2 on 2 Guards and a RT
The positions you're talking about have a rotation OL doesn't have one so your 5 starters are your 5 starters. We then spend late rounds on backup and developmental players they won't spend a high pick on a backup that won't see the field
No I'm not. Did they have a starting left Guard. No they had a 7th round pick for last year and nothing ells. Did they use a second or third on a Guard, No they reached for a tackle they want to convert to a guard in the 4th. Do they have a young Tackle that can play when Trent is out. No they do not . Have they draft anyone other then Enrique Cruz Jr thinking they see him as a tackle . No they have not. They draft Collage Tackle wanting to move them to Guard. Have they draft any collage Centers . No they have not . To insinuate they are drafting the OL comparable to the rest of the NFL is not true. They have drafted McGlinchey in 1st, Banks in 2 and Puni in third that is it for the top 3 rounds. Try counting the 1st 2ed and 3ed round pick used on WR and RB then get back to me. All I said was I like the starting o line but depth suck and they should have used 2 or 3 second or third round pick on the o line and it would be much better. Skip on drafting Tyrion Davis-Price or Danny Grey, skip Jake Moody or Cameron Latu, and draft some O line help. I think Jaylon Moore developed into a good backup have they draft his replacement . Maybe with Enrique Cruz Jr but they have not draft anyone ells with intention of playing him as a Tackle.
[ Edited by dlance on Sep 30, 2026 at 7:37 PM ]