Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 646 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,302
The O-Line was good last season on pass pro I thought. It was the run block that was putrid.
They had a really good game overall against the Rams. With an O-Line like that Purdy and Shanahan are dangerous.
Oh noo the oline looked great, gotta find something else to b***h about this week
Not a bad performance for the worst oline in football according to some.
Tackles are good. Puni decent. Brendel ok, but Colby scares me.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Oh noo the oline looked great, gotta find something else to b***h about this week

. lol! Um Shana… oh no maybe not. Gotta be Jed then.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Oh noo the oline looked great, gotta find something else to b***h about this week

One of the best games this group has played in a while. Lets see how the season goes.
Connor Colby's run blocking was damn good. I saw him getting worked in pass protection, but the ball was coming too quick for it to matter. He's probably going to remain the starter for a bit.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 11, 2026 at 12:09 PM ]
They looked great against what many considered the best team in the NFL coming into the game.

I have no problem giving credit when it's due.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not a bad performance for the worst oline in football according to some.

Yesterday was supposed to be the worst OL vs the best DL according to some.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Not a bad performance for the worst oline in football according to some.

Yesterday was supposed to be the worst OL vs the best DL according to some.
It was

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Willis looked solid at LG tonight
Getting closer to Tier 1
If they can play like this, build on it, and get better while staying healthy the skies the limit for our team.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 34,493
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I honestly thought they played pretty well. Better than I expect this offensive line to be. Trent Williams was absolutely dominant against Myles Garrett. Which isn't easy. Puni and Colby played real well. McKivitz played a pretty good game. This offensive line looks pretty good but is a little thin at certain areas. If they can play like this we can be really good. Excellent in both pass and run blocking.

I'm pretty sure every team is thin at OLine and other areas. It's the nature of today's football.

It's interesting to me that Kyle's lines have gotten bigger. His guards used to be hovering around 300+ lbs, now you have Colby 310+ and Puni 313+ I like the fact that they have both size and athleticism. Good in gap scheme plays and also good in zone blocking. It's tough to get on read on the 49er run game when kyle can call a power/gap play or a zone blocking play.
Originally posted by Overkill:
They looked great against what many considered the best team in the NFL coming into the game.

I have no problem giving credit when it's due.

Ditto!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Oh noo the oline looked great, gotta find something else to b***h about this week

. lol! Um Shana… oh no maybe not. Gotta be Jed then.

Shanahan:

I told you so...
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Oh noo the oline looked great, gotta find something else to b***h about this week

. lol! Um Shana… oh no maybe not. Gotta be Jed then.

Shanahan:

I told you so...

He had faith in our OL talent development the only real hole was LG and we threw a lot of late round picks there hoping one would turn out

I am pretty confident in the other 4 positions and I think LT RT and RG we don't even need to worry about at all in terms of upgrades
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone