There are 201 users in the forums

49ers Offensive Line

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Staley is so bad. Wow. I think he is old and injured. Honestly our backups are better than him. I'm tired of him playing this bad and living off his reputation.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Staley is so bad. Wow. I think he is old and injured. Honestly our backups are better than him. I'm tired of him playing this bad and living off his reputation.

Not sure what's worse....Staley looking slow because he's a 10+ year vet or McGlinchy looking just as slow in only his second year.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:

Not sure what's worse....Staley looking slow because he's a 10+ year vet or McGlinchy looking just as slow in only his second year.

Got to put Brunskill back at RT. It's not a contest
Originally posted by okdkid:

Brunskill is playing better than both of them. It's a disadvantage to have our starters out there and him on the bench.
Originally posted by okdkid:

id rather replace staley
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If McGlinchey was drafted in the 6th round he would have been replaced by Brunskill by now. He's got that glamour round protection.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Like I said all year. Everything comes down to:
1. Injuries
2. OL
3. Safety play

All 3 killed us today.

The OL was a hot mess. Staley was bad - like Seattle game bad. Garland was overwhelmed and Tomlinson was Tomlinson. Jimmy got hit almost every play. Falcons didn't even have their best pass-rusher on the field. Our starters couldn't beat their back-ups.

Grady Jarrett had a lot to do with their D-line play forcing Jimmy G. to move outside the pocket most of the time.

They moved Jarrett all around inside and he destroyed the entire IOL. Throw in additional bad PP from Joe/Mike and Garoppolo did a fantastic job of NOT turning the ball over and scrambling within the pocket hot mess.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

terrible time to find out he has lost it
I was at the game and couldn't stop watching 97. Grady Jarrett whooped our OL's ass.

Dude is a f**king tank in person. I can't imagine blocking him. He's short and wide as hell but not fat whatsoever.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 16, 2019 at 11:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I was at the game and couldn't stop watching 97. Grady Jarrett whooped our OL's ass.

Dude is a f**king tank in person. I can't imagine blocking him. He's short and wide as hell but not fat whatsoever.

I member so many hoping we could sign him as a FA.

<-- This guy lead the way.

That's a fact.
Guard Mike Person will be limited due to some neck soreness.

From the front page injury update. How about we sit him down and rest that puppy out and let the better player, Brunskill, play again.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

<-- This guy lead the way.

We should have listened. Could you imagine Grady next to Buck and rotate in DJ? Good lord.

He was never a FA
Lucky he didn't get a knee blown out last game.

Share 49ersWebzone