Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 744 users in the forums

New 9ers jersey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Custom jerseys are the way to go

Disagree. If youre going to buy a 49ers jersey, buy a jersey that actually exists. I never understood why people put their own last names on jerseys. There are plenty of great players to rep, you just have to be smart about which player you buy. Make sure theyre the real deal, and will be around for a while. Or buy a HOF player jersey. Plus if you keep it nice, it holds some potential resale value.

Hof players is safe, but I'm a fan of the 49ers..not the players personally...your jersey is your own...you never leave, get traded or anything else.

I love authentic jerseys so I get my own name and number

No offense, but I just think its kind of weird to have your own name on a jersey. Its kind of something a kid would want. I know some people like doing it, but there are plenty of great 49ers to represent. The players ARE the 49ers. They are the reason we are fans. Without the past greats, or the current ones, we wouldnt be fans. They built the legacy of the team we follow.

I get why people wouldnt want to buy a jersey of a player that might bust, or leave, but you can never go wrong with a Joe Montana or Jerry Rice jersey. Young, Lott, Craig, Clark, and even now Willis and Gore qualify on that level of timelessness.

The players are the 49ers but we, the fans, are the heart of the 49ers that keeps this team alive and running. Players come and go but TRUE fans that stick by their team through thick and thin are 49ers too. You may think of us as just fans but look at it this way, if we don't go to their games, buy their merchandise, watch their games on tv and support the team then the 49ers and NFL for that matter don't exist. With our money they are something, without our money they are nothing.

That argument just goes around in circles though. Without the fans, the players have no job, but without the players, there are no fans.

Players come and go, but theres nothing wrong with supporting the greats who put their heart and soul into the team we all love.

I guess I just dont understand why someone would wear a jersey with their own name on it, over a legend like Montana. I watch the games, buy the merchandise, and follow the team and the stats closely, but Joe Montana won the championships that inspired such fandom from so many people. Wearing your own name on a jersey kind of just supports yourself as a fan, but not so much the team and its history.

theres nothing wrong with getting hof players....the concern is what current player or what to do now for a jersey

But to talk about how can someon get their own jersey is due to scarcity of the jersey and being a fan..investment ..everyone can get those players jerseys....but no one will have yours. To me I'm not a fan of the players but I appreciate what they do whil on th team

Custom jerseys I have
94 home 75th
98 home
04 away
12 home
Going to get 2015 away

Since they are authentic ..they have lasted through so many tailgates and washes and still look good

Well that we can agree on. I only buy authentics.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Custom jerseys are the way to go

Disagree. If youre going to buy a 49ers jersey, buy a jersey that actually exists. I never understood why people put their own last names on jerseys. There are plenty of great players to rep, you just have to be smart about which player you buy. Make sure theyre the real deal, and will be around for a while. Or buy a HOF player jersey. Plus if you keep it nice, it holds some potential resale value.

Hof players is safe, but I'm a fan of the 49ers..not the players personally...your jersey is your own...you never leave, get traded or anything else.

I love authentic jerseys so I get my own name and number

No offense, but I just think its kind of weird to have your own name on a jersey. Its kind of something a kid would want. I know some people like doing it, but there are plenty of great 49ers to represent. The players ARE the 49ers. They are the reason we are fans. Without the past greats, or the current ones, we wouldnt be fans. They built the legacy of the team we follow.

I get why people wouldnt want to buy a jersey of a player that might bust, or leave, but you can never go wrong with a Joe Montana or Jerry Rice jersey. Young, Lott, Craig, Clark, and even now Willis and Gore qualify on that level of timelessness.

The players are the 49ers but we, the fans, are the heart of the 49ers that keeps this team alive and running. Players come and go but TRUE fans that stick by their team through thick and thin are 49ers too. You may think of us as just fans but look at it this way, if we don't go to their games, buy their merchandise, watch their games on tv and support the team then the 49ers and NFL for that matter don't exist. With our money they are something, without our money they are nothing.

That argument just goes around in circles though. Without the fans, the players have no job, but without the players, there are no fans.

Players come and go, but theres nothing wrong with supporting the greats who put their heart and soul into the team we all love.

I guess I just dont understand why someone would wear a jersey with their own name on it, over a legend like Montana. I watch the games, buy the merchandise, and follow the team and the stats closely, but Joe Montana won the championships that inspired such fandom from so many people. Wearing your own name on a jersey kind of just supports yourself as a fan, but not so much the team and its history.

theres nothing wrong with getting hof players....the concern is what current player or what to do now for a jersey

But to talk about how can someon get their own jersey is due to scarcity of the jersey and being a fan..investment ..everyone can get those players jerseys....but no one will have yours. To me I'm not a fan of the players but I appreciate what they do whil on th team

Custom jerseys I have
94 home 75th
98 home
04 away
12 home
Going to get 2015 away

Since they are authentic ..they have lasted through so many tailgates and washes and still look good

Well that we can agree on. I only buy authentics.

BTW, I personally don't own a custom 49ers jersey because I am a fan of a lot of individual players (I have Montana, Rice, Young, Hearst, Norton, Gore, Iupati, Willis x2, Kap, Bowman) but I see it perfectly fine to get a custom jersey with your name on it cause we are very much responsible for the 49ers success as well.
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Custom jerseys are the way to go

Disagree. If youre going to buy a 49ers jersey, buy a jersey that actually exists. I never understood why people put their own last names on jerseys. There are plenty of great players to rep, you just have to be smart about which player you buy. Make sure theyre the real deal, and will be around for a while. Or buy a HOF player jersey. Plus if you keep it nice, it holds some potential resale value.

Hof players is safe, but I'm a fan of the 49ers..not the players personally...your jersey is your own...you never leave, get traded or anything else.

I love authentic jerseys so I get my own name and number

No offense, but I just think its kind of weird to have your own name on a jersey. Its kind of something a kid would want. I know some people like doing it, but there are plenty of great 49ers to represent. The players ARE the 49ers. They are the reason we are fans. Without the past greats, or the current ones, we wouldnt be fans. They built the legacy of the team we follow.

I get why people wouldnt want to buy a jersey of a player that might bust, or leave, but you can never go wrong with a Joe Montana or Jerry Rice jersey. Young, Lott, Craig, Clark, and even now Willis and Gore qualify on that level of timelessness.

The players are the 49ers but we, the fans, are the heart of the 49ers that keeps this team alive and running. Players come and go but TRUE fans that stick by their team through thick and thin are 49ers too. You may think of us as just fans but look at it this way, if we don't go to their games, buy their merchandise, watch their games on tv and support the team then the 49ers and NFL for that matter don't exist. With our money they are something, without our money they are nothing.

That argument just goes around in circles though. Without the fans, the players have no job, but without the players, there are no fans.

Players come and go, but theres nothing wrong with supporting the greats who put their heart and soul into the team we all love.

I guess I just dont understand why someone would wear a jersey with their own name on it, over a legend like Montana. I watch the games, buy the merchandise, and follow the team and the stats closely, but Joe Montana won the championships that inspired such fandom from so many people. Wearing your own name on a jersey kind of just supports yourself as a fan, but not so much the team and its history.

theres nothing wrong with getting hof players....the concern is what current player or what to do now for a jersey

But to talk about how can someon get their own jersey is due to scarcity of the jersey and being a fan..investment ..everyone can get those players jerseys....but no one will have yours. To me I'm not a fan of the players but I appreciate what they do whil on th team

Custom jerseys I have
94 home 75th
98 home
04 away
12 home
Going to get 2015 away

Since they are authentic ..they have lasted through so many tailgates and washes and still look good

Well that we can agree on. I only buy authentics.

BTW, I personally don't own a custom 49ers jersey because I am a fan of a lot of individual players (I have Montana, Rice, Young, Hearst, Norton, Gore, Iupati, Willis x2, Kap, Bowman) but I see it perfectly fine to get a custom jersey with your name on it cause we are very much responsible for the 49ers success as well.

We are? Our fans dont even know to stop making noise when were on offense, and get loud on defense...Our fans boo good guy Alex Smith and chant for David Carr. Our fans burn Kap jerseys because we went 8-8.

We were 13-1 in the Eastern Time Zone under Harbaugh, so the home fans dont really determine success.

The players win the games, and the fans pay their salaries. But, the success on the field is because of the player abilities and the coaching game plan.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Buy an authentic jersey, or one that is an actual product of Nike.

I can't stand people who buy those fake, rip-off, garbage looking jerseys sold on the side of the street or from and friend that has the "hook up" on authentic jerseys. They're trash folks!

Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount
Originally posted by Niners99:
No offense, but I just think its kind of weird to have your own name on a jersey. Its kind of something a kid would want. I know some people like doing it, but there are plenty of great 49ers to represent. The players ARE the 49ers. They are the reason we are fans. Without the past greats, or the current ones, we wouldnt be fans. They built the legacy of the team we follow.

I get why people wouldnt want to buy a jersey of a player that might bust, or leave, but you can never go wrong with a Joe Montana or Jerry Rice jersey. Young, Lott, Craig, Clark, and even now Willis and Gore qualify on that level of timelessness.

Only one of our friends has a costume jersey. I tend to agree with your point, it's something a child does while dreaming of one day playing for the team.

At 31 years old I wear a jersey less and less often each year. It's a sport, a game and I respect the players but come on.... They are playing a game. What is my GF/Wife gonna think about me idolizing guys younger than me.....
Every time I get my kid a jersey, the player ends up leaving. First barlow, then gore. The only other one he has is kaepernick. Im gonna get him a york jersey and hope the trend continues.
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.
Whats your deal?
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Buy an authentic jersey, or one that is an actual product of Nike.

I can't stand people who buy those fake, rip-off, garbage looking jerseys sold on the side of the street or from and friend that has the "hook up" on authentic jerseys. They're trash folks!

Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

Actually, a Nike Elite is $300. But, fake jerseys are a joke. They look awful. Im always embarassed for people when I see them wearing a fake. Spend the money and get your fav player, or a player that you know will be around a while. Or just get a Montana. The quality is worth it, and most fans dont need more than 1 jersey anyways.

Nike makes the "Limited" version of jerseys, which are only $150, and for not being authentic, they are actually pretty nice quality. Besides looking terrible, fake jerseys are made in Chinese sweatshops with cut rate materials.
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.

people want fake stuff..nature of the consumer beast
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Originally posted by Niners99:
No offense, but I just think its kind of weird to have your own name on a jersey. Its kind of something a kid would want. I know some people like doing it, but there are plenty of great 49ers to represent. The players ARE the 49ers. They are the reason we are fans. Without the past greats, or the current ones, we wouldnt be fans. They built the legacy of the team we follow.

I get why people wouldnt want to buy a jersey of a player that might bust, or leave, but you can never go wrong with a Joe Montana or Jerry Rice jersey. Young, Lott, Craig, Clark, and even now Willis and Gore qualify on that level of timelessness.

Only one of our friends has a costume jersey. I tend to agree with your point, it's something a child does while dreaming of one day playing for the team.

At 31 years old I wear a jersey less and less often each year. It's a sport, a game and I respect the players but come on.... They are playing a game. What is my GF/Wife gonna think about me idolizing guys younger than me.....

I think theres a difference between idolizing and supporting a player. I dont idolize any person. But I respect certain players because of the effort they put in, and their character as a person.

I was a huge Patrick Willis fan, because he was an incredibley hard worker, and good guy in a league where half the players do stupid stuff on and off the field. I liked the way he respresented our team. Im a jersey collector, so its already a hobby of mine, and if im buying a 49ers jersey, its going to be a player like Willis.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.

people want fake stuff..nature of the consumer beast

In a country where even "poor" people have iPhones, I dont buy the whole "I dont have the money to waste on a real jersey" argument. Its priorities. A hardcore fan will spend the money if they want a jersey.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.

people want fake stuff..nature of the consumer beast

In a country where even "poor" people have iPhones, I dont buy the whole "I dont have the money to waste on a real jersey" argument. Its priorities. A hardcore fan will spend the money if they want a jersey.

Not the people on this site, this discussion comes up a few times a year and majority of the people buy fakes cause it's cheap
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,470
Originally posted by Muggins:
I have never bought a jersey in my life because I'm a heterosexual.


LMMFAO
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
Originally posted by javabsolute:
Meh. $200 for authentic? How often you wear it - 15 times a year (assuming you don't have others). That's more than 10 bucks each time you pull out of closet. After the player retired it's more about the name on the back than jersey quality. $40 or $200 is a huge jump. I can own the entire Defensive Line for the same amount

If you like looking like garbage with those scraps on then it's sad. Authentic is the way I go but if that's out of your price range, Nike offers a 100$ and 150$ variety that look great compared to that trash you wear for $40.

And if you worried about spending too much, you might as well take a sharpie to plain white and red shirts and just writing the name and number of your favorite players.

I just hope you don't got around telling people the crap you wear is actually authentic.
Whats your deal?

My deal? Adding to the fact that those jerseys are s**t, counterfeit merchandise is not only illegal but you people are taking money out of the pockets of the league and more importantly the San Francisco 49ers. I hate when people wear those because they are horrendous.

Quit being cheap!
[ Edited by mutant-man49 on Mar 15, 2015 at 5:15 PM ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone