LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 231 users in the forums

Worst RB 49er transition ever

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Worst RB 49er transition ever

What about the LP nightmare? Charlie Garner really came through for us that year.
Actually Harry Sydney and Dexter Carter made some great plays for the Niners.

GREAT PLAYS BY NINER UNKNOWNS
Originally posted by kezarvet49:

I so wanted Marc Edwards to be a success. But Dexter Carter? 1st round pick wasted.
  • titan
  • Veteran
We got a little help from Terry Kirby also."very little help" but better than most.
Originally posted by mickey49:
Why is "Frank Gore" in quotation marks? Is that not his real name?

I'd have to go with Loville. Talk about a drop-off...

Your right I dropped the quotation marks.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
What about the LP nightmare? Charlie Garner really came through for us that year.

If I remember right Phillips was signed to replace Hearst when he went down. But garner took over. I just remember the Monday night game with Phillips but I don't recall him starting any games. Or does my memory fail me. Garner had that sweet spin move.
[ Edited by 49erEgg on Feb 7, 2015 at 9:15 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Losing Watters cost us another SB title

Fully agee. I remember I was sick to my stomach when he left. Bar none & Watters had the makings to be one hell of a tandem.

That shows you how dumb our front office was in those days. They let Watters go so they would have the money to resign Deion Sanders and then lost him to the Cowboys and ended up with neither. Then they didn't even try to replace either in free agency or the draft. That cost us a couple of superbowls.
I was super young when barlow had that one good year but he was my first jersey.
I had to look it up, Loville goes for 1,300 all purpose with 13TDs. A paltry 3.3 ypc. It shows how much the game has changed away from the feature back. No way would someone so inept get 219 carries in today's game. OC - Marc Trestman. DC - Pete Carroll.

Have to say Loville.

• Jiks
Originally posted by English:
Clue: Loville.

/end thread

This
Originally posted by kezarvet49:

This was a great trip down memory lane. Great video.
I agree about Sydney. He wasn't a flash in the pan or joe schmo. He was good for us for a while. Good special teamer. mini-Tukuafu.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
I agree about Sydney. He wasn't a flash in the pan or joe schmo. He was good for us for a while. Good special teamer. mini-Tukuafu.

He then followed Holmgren to GB in 1992.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 7, 2015 at 11:19 AM ]
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by NinerFanInNewEngland:

coming out flat at home in the divisional round as heavy favorites to the Packers in 95 cost us our last chance at a SB. By 96 Green Bay had already taken over as the best team in the NFC

Right, but a big part of the reason the Niners had trouble with the Packers in those days is that the Packers had no respect for the Niner running game. If I remember correctly, they played almost exclusively in nickle formations against the Niners and the Niners couldn't run on them. In that '95 divisional playoff, the Niners ran 18 times and threw over 60 times.

Reggie White said their job was to go after Young. That GB line of Dotson, Brown, Jones and White was ridiculously talented. If we could have landed White, my goodness!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone