There are 195 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
To put things into perspective:
  • This was one of the most penalized team in the NFL last season.
  • We had constant game management problems, delay of games, early timeouts, questionable challenges etc...
  • Our coaching staff, which was supposedly an all star offensive group, did not improve, if not regressed during the last 4 years.
  • Harbaugh is supposedly a qb whisperer, yet he couldnt bring pro bowl seasons out of smith or kap. Also our defense almost always had to carry this team due to lack of a s**tty offense.
Yes, Harbaugh is a terrific coach and he did wonders for us, but these problems plagued us from going to the promise lands. I'm not saying Tomsula and Co. are going to be better, or even match Harbaughs production, but we had to move on if we want to avoid being the bills of the 90s.

IMHO, I think JT will get the first two bullets corrected. I also don't believe we'll be worse or as pathetic on offense as we were last season... just saying
Hey there's a cliff, why don't we jump off, we'll worry about the consequences later. Sleep well Dr. York (the real boss) the seats are sold and the luxury box corporate sponsors couldn't care in the least about winning or losing. Is that $5000 tailgate fee per person? Do they give a kids discount? If my wife is under 100lbs do we pay full price? Do you have doggie bags Dr. York?
This whole process or lack thereof is getting me bitter.
On the bright side Jed said we can all hold him personally responsible if we don't win the Super Bowl every year from now on!.... Wait a minute .... how do we do that again?
Originally posted by susweel:
2015 be so bad that Jed cleans house fire Tomsula and Trent.

I'll one up you. 2015 is so bad that the Yorks decide to sell the team because fans refuse to show up at the magnefine glass known as Levi's stadium.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm on this cloud!
  • REB4
Only a true fanboy would believe that replacing what was considered one of the best staffs in the league (according to analysts, players, opposing coaches) with the equivalent of a bunch of 2rd, 3rd, 4th stringers and undrafted free agents and believe it's an upgrade. That's as positive as it can get, LOL. The future's so bright, gotta wear shades...rose colored ones.
The Silver Lining? 2016 or 2017 when Jed is forced to clean house starting with Baalke.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
To put things into perspective:
  • This was one of the most penalized team in the NFL last season.
  • We had constant game management problems, delay of games, early timeouts, questionable challenges etc...
  • Our coaching staff, which was supposedly an all star offensive group, did not improve, if not regressed during the last 4 years.
  • Harbaugh is supposedly a qb whisperer, yet he couldnt bring pro bowl seasons out of smith or kap. Also our defense almost always had to carry this team due to lack of a s**tty offense.
Yes, Harbaugh is a terrific coach and he did wonders for us, but these problems plagued us from going to the promise lands. I'm not saying Tomsula and Co. are going to be better, or even match Harbaughs production, but we had to move on if we want to avoid being the bills of the 90s.

IMHO, I think JT will get the first two bullets corrected. I also don't believe we'll be worse or as pathetic on offense as we were last season... just saying

With this talent, its hard to do any worse than last season.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Silverlinin, positive on deez nuts

Originally posted by susweel:
2015 be so bad that Jed cleans house fire Tomsula and Trent.

And then fires himself
Originally posted by REB4:
Only a true fanboy would believe that replacing what was considered one of the best staffs in the league (according to analysts, players, opposing coaches) with the equivalent of a bunch of 2rd, 3rd, 4th stringers and undrafted free agents and believe it's an upgrade. That's as positive as it can get, LOL. The future's so bright, gotta wear shades...rose colored ones.

They GREW into the staff they didn't arrive like that. They didn't arrive with positive pedigree did they? The same thing you're saying now, is what people said 4 years ago about the group we put together was it not? What was fangio before this last run? Was roman highly regarded? The only difference is Jim is the guy we wanted.

The staff grew into what it became there's no reason this staff can't do the same.
I think we be better in game management, penalities and clock issues with Paraags manual. My concern is strategy, game plans, play calling..My concern is also significant regression of the defense.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
I think we be better in game management, penalities and clock issues with Paraags manual. My concern is strategy, game plans, play calling..My concern is also significant regression of the defense.

Everybody healthy now. The 2 best ILBs in the entire NFL will be back and you telling me the defense will regress because Fangio ain't here no more with his conservative scheme. We still have his playbook and his tip sheets. Now we can add some fresh eyes and ideas to it and try and use what he did as a foundation but add new wrinkles and get a bit more aggressive defensively. Plus defensive players pick up new systems far before offensive players do and we don't have much change offensively so let's go!!
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
On the bright side Jed said we can all hold him personally responsible if we don't win the Super Bowl every year from now on!.... Wait a minute .... how do we do that again?
Thank you, exactly how do we do that?
Share 49ersWebzone