LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

The Silver Lining Thread (positive people come on in!)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Has to be better than Roman
worse=1st ovr.
I think that Tomsula's team will be really interesting to watch. I feel he is the kind of guy to give people their shots. Players like Patton, Ellington, Hyde, McDonald, Tank & Dontae Johnson will likely thrive under him.

Harbaugh, Fangio & Roman were always reluctant to play young guys or even vets like Stevie in favor of solid but unspectacular guys.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Man every thread is doom and gloom.

My mom raised me to believe that there's always something positive out of every situation no matter how bad it may seem. So what are the positives guys???

I can't imagine spending an entire off season in this doom and gloom, I may just jump off a cliff.

Please help!

You didn't really think there would be a positive outcome to creating this thread, did you? The pitch forks have been raised and anyone standing in the mobs way will burn at the stake. We're not allowed to have an open mind or have an optimistic out look on this situation. For when we do, it's met with a demeaning and anger filled response. None the less, your efforts have not gone unnoticed.
if Harbaughs weak offense can win games, no dont we can win games without him
  • REB4
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Man, really? So what you're saying is that Joe Sh*t the Ragman off the street can do better then what's considered one of the top 3-4 coaches in the league, right? Man I want whatever you're smoking, lol.
Let's look on the bright side. Must of us are expecting loss after loss, so if we continuously win we will me that much more ecstatic!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
I think that Tomsula's team will be really interesting to watch. I feel he is the kind of guy to give people their shots. Players like Patton, Ellington, Hyde, McDonald, Tank & Dontae Johnson will likely thrive under him.

Harbaugh, Fangio & Roman were always reluctant to play young guys or even vets like Stevie in favor of solid but unspectacular guys.

I want to see how Tomsula manages the clock, uses his time outs. Things that have been problems for the last couple of years.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM ]
Originally posted by REB4:

Man, really? So what you're saying is that Joe Sh*t the Ragman off the street can do better then what's considered one of the top 3-4 coaches in the league, right? Man I want whatever you're smoking, lol.

Who is "Joe Sh*t the Ragman "?

If Harbaugh was truly one of the top 3-4 coaches in the league he would have some jewelry... but instead he s**t the bed at the ultimate moment.
My silver lining is I'm ride or die 49ers, been through good and bad times, ALWAYS was a fan rooting for my team. No difference this year, I'll watch every game good or bad, happy or pissed. Let's Go fakas!
Originally posted by mayo49:

I want to see how Tomsula manages the clock, uses his time outs. Things that have been problems for the last couple of years.

Marthae will be controlling all of that for him.

Originally posted by 49ers808:
My silver lining is I'm ride or die 49ers, been through good and bad times, ALWAYS was a fan rooting for my team. No difference this year, I'll watch every game good or bad, happy or pissed. Let's Go fakas!

Yup. Same here
Originally posted by REB4:

No what he is saying is the offense this past year sacked so bad and we won 8 games. It can't get worse on offense than it was this past season. Even a moderate improvement from last year would give us a playoff push.
Why do you believe Mangini can't keep this defense in the top 10? He Will be more aggressive. With the players we have coming back they may actually improve.

I'm taking a wait and see attitude. I want to see in the preseason how this offense looks before passing judgement.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, it's all part of the job. Something his predecessors never truly had a grasp on.
I know it's disappointing to see us seemingly "settle" for coaches. I too wanted a big name hc and coordinators. However, that is not what is happening and I want to look at the bright side. What has really given me a positive outlook Is to look at this team like a company. I'm not sure how the rest of you feel, but I am a huge believer in promoting from within the building. I have seen amazing success stories professionally where talented, hard working individuals were given an opportunity and soared beyond expectations. I have also seen outside hires with amazing resumes and fantastic interview skills come in overcommit and under deliver. Internal candidates know the company, are vested in the company, and when given the faith of ownership will often go that extra mile because they want to prove that faith was well placed.

It just seems that a lot of negativity is premature at this point. I for one am excited for what our freshly promoted coaching staff will be able to accomplish. This could be the origin story of that next legendary coaching tree. No one knows at this point, and I look forward to finding out.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
No more stressing out on Sundays.

Exactly, no expectations.
Share 49ersWebzone