LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Did you not watch this season? Did you see how decimated the defense was with injuries? For them to still be so effective this year was a miracle.

I do think Fangio has benefited from the talent to a large degree, I don't think that the light suddenly came on after years of being an average defensive coordinator at best, a guy who was known for his defenses progressively getting worse season by season. He did a stellar job this past season considering the injury issues and he deserves to remain in his position as a DC to continue the good work he's done, I just don't see him as someone that has the NFL head coaching chops. I felt that same way about Trestman as well.

Fangio and Trestman are two different breeds. IMO, you can see Fangio has the undercover mean streak to him and can be a no non-sense kind of guy. Trestman comes off as more soft, which can be great if hes just working with the offense but seemed to be a problem having control over the entire team.

Phoenix by the way, im not saying Shanahan is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but what he did w/Washington and this past year w/the Browns wasnt easy. Hes seen a lot so far in his career and has had to utilize a very wide margin of different skill set players.

Now another question for you and others out there, you think Baalke is going to try and control whose the OC if Fangio is hired?
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Fangio and Trestman are two different breeds. IMO, you can see Fangio has the undercover mean streak to him and can be a no non-sense kind of guy. Trestman comes off as more soft, which can be great if hes just working with the offense but seemed to be a problem having control over the entire team.

Phoenix by the way, im not saying Shanahan is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but what he did w/Washington and this past year w/the Browns wasnt easy. Hes seen a lot so far in his career and has had to utilize a very wide margin of different skill set players.

Now another question for you and others out there, you think Baalke is going to try and control whose the OC if Fangio is hired?

I think they will talk about what's best and try to agree on which one should be..
So it looks like McDaniels or Fangio? Boy I hope if McDaniels they give Fangio a raise to stay and he continues to have control of the Defense while McDaniels only job is to this offense finally consistent&make good, in game play calls.
If Vic becomes our headcoach be ready for some dreadful Niner football....
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'll give it to ex-Bengals QB (Ken Anderson) or Sam Wyche.. .. the guy is a great teacher.. he's got knowledge of Bill Walsh's offense.. and I'll make Rathman learn under him and make him Assistant OC..

Rathman can be on the sideline calling plays after getting it from Ken or Wyche..
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
If Vic becomes our headcoach be ready for some dreadful Niner football....

Since you have no idea what kind of an offense the team would be running or who would be running it, how do you know that?
Share 49ersWebzone