There are 212 users in the forums

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

*IF* Fangio becomes HC, who do YOU want as OC?

Originally posted by Robj49er:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Robj49er:
Adam Gase when he becomes HC. Why should we settle for a second rate OC when we can have the best. If Fangio doesn't still want to be one of the highest payed coordinator with a stack defensive team then give the job to Donatell or Tomsula.

man.. you with guys keep hyping up Gase...it going to be hard not to want excellence on every play

I wonder how much of his success is due to Peyton Manning.

Also whats the issue with Fangio as HC? He is a great DC, and deserves a shot at being a HC, better idea than frigging Tomsula, who maybe had a good run in NFL Europa, but c'mon, that's like minor league football back then.

I swear if Tomsula is the DC I will frigging yell at my TV, he isn't the man for the DC spot, that's either Fangio(If he isn't HC) or Donatell, who deserves a shot at a DC spot.

Why don't you ask the rest of the NFL over 20 year and never been a HC. None of the teams with openings want him as HC, Great DC but HC. You think they know something we don't. I never could understand that argument about OC's with HOF QB's like Manning and Brady. I know Green Bay was glad they didn't listen to it when they hired Mike Holmgren. I quess we should find the team with the worst offense and QB and see if their OC can be our HC or OC.

Sheesh dude. Never said I knew something everyone else doesn't, I just feel Fangio would make a good HC, and potentially great HC if given time.

I only wonder if Gase's success has something to do with having Peyton Manning, that's all I meant sorry to get you bent out of shape. Jesus.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trestman for OC.
Steve Youngs on the phone with Baalke and Trestman in a threeway. Kaep gonna turn into a monster, were gonna average 32.5 pts a game. You know what this means... CHAMPIONSHIP.

Lol,
jk,
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Sheesh dude. Never said I knew something everyone else doesn't, I just feel Fangio would make a good HC, and potentially great HC if given time.

I only wonder if Gase's success has something to do with having Peyton Manning, that's all I meant sorry to get you bent out of shape. Jesus.

i feel the same way, but the Coach rumor thread Gase has somewhat a good following..but i dont see it... Pep Hamilton has a better control the offense then Gase does..but i dont wan PH for HC..def OC though
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
1. Alex Van Pelt QB coach Green Bay Packers

2. Bill Musgrave QB coach Philadelphia Eagles

3. Matt Nagy QB coach Kansas City Chiefs

4. James Urban WR coach Cincinnati Bengals

5. Scott Linehan - seriously doubt Dallas lets him go anywhere
Another team's OC isn't going to take a lateral move unless they are just about to get sacked. Whoever we get I don't want a repeat of Norv Turner.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Another team's OC isn't going to take a lateral move unless they are just about to get sacked. Whoever we get I don't want a repeat of Norv Turner.

Scott Linehan isn't an OC in Dallas he just coordinates the passing game. Bill Calahan is the OC.

(Not sure if you're replying to me English)
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Scott Linehan isn't an OC in Dallas he just coordinates the passing game. Bill Calahan is the OC.

No it was more of a general statement. And regarding not hiring someone who leaves in a year's time, more of a prayer!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

No it was more of a general statement. And regarding not hiring someone who leaves in a year's time, more of a prayer!

And by that, yes I do agree with everything you've said.
I still can't understand the fascination with Kyle Shanahan that some have - I can understand most links, and I won't even pretend to really know who makes a good candidate - but I don't understand why some people, on here, and in the NFL, seem to think Kyle Shanahan is something special.

On the chance Shanahan does end up here, I hope someone can convince me it's a good idea.

I also don't understand why so many people are so against Tomsula (even for a DC role) but that is probably best discussed on another thread. Is he too hyped on the sideline? (Most reports on him commend his level of preparation, and how he gets the best out of all his players, and how he has made so many careers for players, that have been low draft picks or undrafted. I don't really want him or Fangio as HC, as I think our need is for an offensive mind at the helm, but I think the negativity from some is not justified. He's one of the only position coaches in NFL, that has had HC interview or interviews.)

Our owners and mgmt in league circles are the laughing stock of the NFL at the moment. That's just the truth, getting an OC to make a lateral move is gonna be tough. Jed wants to hire his 10 year teacher here, it's more likely we are looking at 2 new HC in the next 3 years. You might as well give a youn offensive minded coach the shot to be here. People say Gase is made by Manning but no one writes about how Fangio may be made by Willis , bowman an all the talent that was already here. He's been in other places an his D's weren't half as good, hmmm maybe Harbaugh taught him a few things over the past half decade he's been following him around? That's a question for ya
What

Is your point?
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Our owners and mgmt in league circles are the laughing stock of the NFL at the moment. That's just the truth, getting an OC to make a lateral move is gonna be tough. Jed wants to hire his 10 year teacher here, it's more likely we are looking at 2 new HC in the next 3 years. You might as well give a youn offensive minded coach the shot to be here. People say Gase is made by Manning but no one writes about how Fangio may be made by Willis , bowman an all the talent that was already here. He's been in other places an his D's weren't half as good, hmmm maybe Harbaugh taught him a few things over the past half decade he's been following him around? That's a question for ya

Your first sentence is incorrect. We are the number one destination for HC candidates league wide. We just won Super Bowl 50. Not just any Super Bowl either. We have a newly minted stadium. We have done player contracts that are being modeled throughout the NFL. We have other GMs actively scouting our roster looking to see who they can poach. Yes we have some miscues this past year but there is no need to say we are a laughingstock. The media chooses to pick at us constantly but I say F*** em. We know what we got we know what we are. We don't need our own fans piling on feeding into the BS
you guys forget Linehan turned us down in 2009 for the Lions OC job
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:

Your first sentence is incorrect. We are the number one destination for HC candidates league wide. We just won Super Bowl 50. Not just any Super Bowl either. We have a newly minted stadium. We have done player contracts that are being modeled throughout the NFL. We have other GMs actively scouting our roster looking to see who they can poach. Yes we have some miscues this past year but there is no need to say we are a laughingstock. The media chooses to pick at us constantly but I say F*** em. We know what we got we know what we are. We don't need our own fans piling on feeding into the BS

The entire post is speculative and sketchy at best. Fans
Share 49ersWebzone